Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - JohnGames

#1
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 25, 2008 04:39 AM
Quote from: Squeefpractice makes perfect
and contra pasta has to do with hips & shoulders maybe im spelling it wrong because i cant find anything on google or wikipedia about it. id laugh if its on anipedia.

anyway its like the hips and shoulders going at different angles to add a certain something to the person.

i would've told you make the hands more appealing but i didn't want you to feel bad or something i dont know


Oh, I know what your talking about, I should try a waiting pose using it, it would work better.  On criticism, I usually have a list of 50-100 things per drawing that I don't like, so you can't mention something I have not already put in my list.
#2
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 25, 2008 04:24 AM
Quote from: Squeefalmost no contra pasta...puffing out her shoulders to give a more manly appearance...hands are just a bit iffy...looks really stiff but the interesting thing about this is due to her clothing you might expect her to appear stiff as if she is standing in line waiting to be ordered around...almost as if you thought ahead of time... I highly doubt you went that in depth. ... like the feet her left one...her calves are fat and out of place. the zipper is bad.

First off, thank you.

I don't know what contra pasta means, however I will attempt to comment on everything you have said thus far.  Her shoulders I will attempt to make feminine, I moved her shoulders up at the last moment during the sketch, and regret it now. I disagree with you on leaving the hands iffy, if they are wrong, I don't mind someone saying correct them.

The only things thought ahead of time for the character were: Girl in prison, however I ditched the original prison jumpsuit while drawing the under body, and went with runner... so maybe my original idea collided oddly?

Her calves ARE fat and out of place, I think the zipper is bad, although I generally clean that up later, my sketch should still look right.

In conclusion, she needs some work, but I don't feel I am to far off from what I want.
#3
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 25, 2008 04:10 AM
I don't usually submit this, but in this case it looks better before clothing.

Things that I should focus on in this piece:

Arms feel a bit tight
Hands do not have a proper position for the pose
the left leg could use some fixes, possible redraw the lower hip area in a different pose?

thoughts: make her prop a clipboard to her body instead of just standing there, writing race times or something.. or change out her outfit to more business like...
#4
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 25, 2008 03:59 AM
Quote from: Squeefcan you re-do that but just do the head and not the body

How you worded this leaves me with three interpretations.

If you meant "The body looks terrible, just keep the head;" I would agree with you.

If you meant "The head needs to be redrawn;" I would agree with you.

If you meant "Delete that ugly body, and keep the head;" I would agree with you.
#5
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 25, 2008 03:37 AM
finished sketch, would clean up if worth it.
#6
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 24, 2008 11:38 PM
Quote from: unconditionallyguarANTeed^ potential

finish it

Doing so, I am very slow at drawing people...

Quote from: siniTron Bonneadam ant

is a good man
You still make little sense to me, so here is an uninspired piece of pixel art, that's ugly! =D
#7
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 24, 2008 01:30 AM
Sketching

#8
The Gallery / Fuzz
July 23, 2008 07:16 PM
Well, I like how you did the tree.
#9
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 23, 2008 12:46 PM
Quote from: FuzzOh I see how it is! You change your first post to make us look stooped?!

Instead of having removed the swf and have people go to a topic with nothing in it, I removed the swf and added other pieces.
#10
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 23, 2008 04:43 AM
Quote from: unconditionallyguarANTeedthe toonboom one looks alright, if a bit plain

is toonboom a neat program to use btw?

I suppose so, if you don't mind doing a few extra prep things to get what you want.  You should set your pallet up ahead of time for best results, so I guess they expect you to have everything planned ahead of time when you draw.
#11
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 22, 2008 08:03 PM
Quote from: foodeetinhmm its really short but i would suggest exaggerating things more and instead of only erasing a part of the drawing for each new frame, redraw the whole thing a few times. itll give it a much smoother look.


I need to restart, and redo the key frames to get better exaggeration. Thanks for your advice, and I will redraw for each new frame.
#12
The Gallery / "Art" Deposit
July 22, 2008 07:39 PM
Decided to change this out to contain all my art instead.


Paul ter Voorde in live messenger, doodle.

Test style for the blob

Foot, I guess it was for an animation..

I was trying a clothing design that popped up, inspired by a chocolate truffle

Background shot, trying out a program

Not to long ago I made this, I don't really have a name for her. Drawn in toonboom.
#13
General / i'm thinking about getting a mac
November 1, 2007 02:55 AM
I have never seen "What you hear" for my audio properties.. oh well.
#14
General / i'm thinking about getting a mac
October 31, 2007 06:35 AM
 
Most music programs available on mac are available on windows
The hardware costs far more for an equivelant pc
Mac: $6,503.00    Gateway equivelant: $4,199.99
If you really want a mac, get a cheap windows/linux running pc and use the mac hack(not sanctioned by apple) to get it to install, saves you hundreds.
#15
General / Laptop seeing the world
October 29, 2007 03:55 AM
Quote from: SystekYou live in Hawaii???

I do, and usually things built in asia are shipped directly.
#16
General / Laptop seeing the world
October 29, 2007 03:49 AM
I ordered my laptop a few days ago and decided to track it. Now take a look at this chart.



Yellow house: Where I live
Yellow Wrench: Where it was built
Blue line: how it was shipped
Purple line: Estimate of completed route
Red line: Fastest route

Please explain why it was shipped to tennesee...
#17
Introductions / Intro
October 28, 2007 08:02 AM
I am John, now I am off to read all the rules that apparently are not in writing.

I came here because I liked rtils freetown animation.