welcome to the new forum!

Started by rtil, September 7, 2011 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rtil

thanks :) it's gonna take a while to get it 100% done but i'm happy with how it's turned out so far.

W.A.S.I.M.

dunno if its been mentioned before but i think the new player looks dope as fuck


funzop


DrRumack



peach givin me the double-wink

<Naza> i hate penis exect mine
<Tyler Naugle> JOKE  TIME w/ JOKEOB BRECK
<+pantsman> you have yet to show me any applicable sign of intelligence yet scrib...
<HatsuneMiku> the pings and timeouts of jacob breck
<dilly> the tba will look up and cry "save us!".... and i'll look down and whisper .... "h"
Quote from: stealth trollwhat's up with you not sucking dicks like the faggot you are
<+fluffkomix> mrscriblam has added you as a friend
<+fluffkomix> ignore

<+mrscriblam> lmao

funzop

i think she likes u dude u should go 4 it

redmongoose

I would like my jailbot reinstated and I would also like a special award to be given to each person that drew a redm that says 'account validated for non-skrullery' I can make the icon if you want me too
Quote from: Inaxisdo u have a problem, bastard?!

GhostingFish

wow! I leave for 2 weeks and I come back to this? I only been online like every day before by brake. Sorry to hold you guys back so much!! :P

W.A.S.I.M.



Blordow

How long did it take you to edit the css? I'm having a hard time editing mine, getting nowhere and just confused as to what i'm actually editing. GUH there must be an easier way of changing the colours surely?!

rtil

Quote from: Blordow on September 12, 2011 10:57 AM
How long did it take you to edit the css? I'm having a hard time editing mine, getting nowhere and just confused as to what i'm actually editing. GUH there must be an easier way of changing the colours surely?!
well it took me a few days because i didn't just change the colors but also tried to make the layout almost completely tableless which required that i edit the source templates as well, but let me just lay out how i make editing css templates easy on myself and save hours of time.

there's no doubt css files obviously get large after a while and are pretty much impossible to navigate by hand. smf's is like 2000 lines long or something. however it's no problem for me because of my workflow. you just need 2 programs - firebug (or if you use chrome, chrome dev tools) and notepad++.

with firebug, you can select any element on a page with the element selector (2nd button on the top left), and it will show you where the element is in the html, the style of the element, what stylesheet that style is on, and the line # where that style is located in the css file. then you can edit the style live in firebug to see what changes you'd want to make to it.

in notepad++, i use nppFTP plugin to connect it to my ftp and start editing the css file directly. notepad++ is a dream for a web dev. it has syntax highlighting for every web language, and with the ftp plugin you can see your changes right after saving.

so, i just copy my style changes from firebug, ctrl+g to find the line that firebug told me the style is on, and paste it right into the stylesheet in notepad++. save, it loads the file back into the ftp, and the change is made. refresh, restyle, repeat.

i could go into a lot more detail but that is the basic jist of it. if you want, i could explain it to you while you do it on skype or something, because honestly trying to explain it in text if you don't get it the first time is frustrating.

Blordow

thanks, yeah I get it. I downloaded firebug and it's helped me find the elements I needed. still a lot of work to be done, but if I get stuck I'll hop on skype tomorrow sometime :]

rtil

i'm gona unpin this for now. when i feel like the forum is close to completion i'll make a news thread listing all the new features and stuff.

|