COUNTDOWN TO BABY

Started by zhicago, June 24, 2011 03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

|

trent bortknob

wtf liar prove it i don't believe you

zhicago



I have been woefully slack on this topic for a couple weeks, and I'm sorry to the small handful of those who might have checked it on a regular basis. So I'm going to make up for it with a more personal update instead of the medical facts I usually post. They aren't very exciting this week, anyway.

Week 19 was pretty uneventful beyond the excitement of finding out an old friend of mine from England will be coming to stay with me for a couple weeks. I haven't seen him since 2006 and he was also the first person from the internet I ever met, so I'm excited to see how much he's changed (it's not painfully obvious to see how I have changed.)
Speaking of which, I am now sporting a sizeable bump - one that some days I completely adore, and others (like yesterday at the beach) I try to hide. It is incredibly apparent to those who know I am pregnant, but strangers probably just think that I'm in desperate need of a good diet plan.

At 20 weeks, I am now HALFWAY THROUGH my pregnancy (wtf its going so fast).  When I first posted here back in June, baby was the size of a god damn sesame seed. Now the kid is coming in at a whopping 10.5 inches, the length of a banana, or according to some sites, the size of a fucking cantaloupe. He is a pretty chill baby but some things set him into a rage (like throwing back a tall glass of ice water, or anytime I am trying to sleep) and he will kick and punch like a madman. To those of you who are wondering, no, it doesnt hurt (yet), yes it kind of feels like I'm in Alien, but overall its a really cool feeling. If I'm lying on my back, I can even see the kicks from the outside during his rowdiest moments.

I've got a doctor's appointment on Monday so next week's entry might be more interesting.

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

emanhattan

Im really glad to hear youre doing fine keep it up :D

+ pizzapoints to boost your pizza meter

Pants, the terrible

dat belly aint gon' hold!


your welcome.

rtil


trent bortknob

he isn't considered a person until he is in a pizza costume.

zhicago

22 weeks

"Congratulations! You're now housing a human who weighs nearly a pound and measures nearly a foot in length!
Your wee babe's perfect little pancreas (a super-duper organ that produces hormones and aids in digestion) is now making its own hormones for your baby's body and brain!
If you were worried, you can finally stop that: your baby's future in the circus as a world-famous tight-rope-walker is secure now that their inner ear is developed to the point that they have their own sense of balance.
Luckily for your little womb-explorer, this new balance promotes physical dexterity, which has them actively feeling out their surroundings where skin, body parts, and the resident umbilical cord are the big sensory experiences.
Your sweet babe is sort of looking like an oversized red prune right now as more and more skin (and therefore wrinkles) are showing up each week.
Not to worry, all those wrinkles are just your baby's way of planning ahead for the time when they'll start piling on all of that irresistible baby chub."

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

rtil


zhicago

sometimes he gets so wrapped up in his "explorations" he kicks for an entire hour. today he made a circle with his kicks, starting from my left side and made his way all around, just kicking and spinning


sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

zhicago

after much thought and googling i am utterly disappointed to find that they do not make an adult sit-n-spin

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

rtil

you could get a child one, sit on it and break it.

almost as fun

dilly

1. buy it for ponyo-kun 2. set it up in secluded room for yourself only 3. ??? 4. profit

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

Pants, the terrible

gonna make your bub bubs bounce get ready


your welcome.

Pants, the terrible



your welcome.

zhicago

dante you are not invited to my thread anymore

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

Pants, the terrible



your welcome.

Timmy


ZennyPLUS

I came here for tomatoes and I found discussion about babies. Personally, tomatoes are tastier than babies, but it will work.

I kid. So you're along pretty far now, zhi, that's awesome. Babies been popping up like daisies around my family. ANYWAY.




Timmy


Pants, the terrible

zenny quit copping out and show us one of your baby lunches


your welcome.

|