Dragons With Pom Poms is like this totally awesome online comic

Started by topcatyo, February 23, 2009 05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

|

topcatyo

I'm glad this one wasn't shit
Quote from: rtilthe stuff you write under your comic is creepy, since no one reads it/cares it seems as if you're talking to yourself
Yeah, not very many people read it, but I do know my one friend (in real life) reads it and occasionally someone else will read it.  Either way I enjoy writing the stuff, even if no one reads it.
It's kinda like making desktops.  No one is going to use them but I like having them there anyway.
Quote from: roland deschainive always wondered what the point of having an elevator man was
I always figured it'd be company/food if the elevator ever got stuck for 20 hours or something like that.

Did I make it clear enough that it was an elevator they were on?  I can tell you guys understood (as far as I know), but looking at the comic today I noticed I really didn't put any clues that they were on an elevator other than the joke the guy tells or the description below the comic.
I'm awesome.

Mushroomboy5

Quote from: topcatyoDid I make it clear enough that it was an elevator they were on?  I can tell you guys understood (as far as I know), but looking at the comic today I noticed I really didn't put any clues that they were on an elevator other than the joke the guy tells or the description below the comic.

I think showing the edges of the doors and the guy saying "I got it." accomplishes this well enough. What confused me at first though was the first 4 panels showing the doors opening. At first glance the unbroken vertical lines are just visually confusing and don't look like anything elevator related until we see the guy. I think if you were to replace those 4 panels with one panel showing the entire elevator with it's doors just begining to open, it would get your intentions across much more simply.

DrRumack


<Naza> i hate penis exect mine
<Tyler Naugle> JOKE  TIME w/ JOKEOB BRECK
<+pantsman> you have yet to show me any applicable sign of intelligence yet scrib...
<HatsuneMiku> the pings and timeouts of jacob breck
<dilly> the tba will look up and cry "save us!".... and i'll look down and whisper .... "h"
Quote from: stealth trollwhat's up with you not sucking dicks like the faggot you are
<+fluffkomix> mrscriblam has added you as a friend
<+fluffkomix> ignore

<+mrscriblam> lmao

topcatyo

Quote from: Mushroomboy5
Quote from: topcatyoDid I make it clear enough that it was an elevator they were on?  I can tell you guys understood (as far as I know), but looking at the comic today I noticed I really didn't put any clues that they were on an elevator other than the joke the guy tells or the description below the comic.

I think showing the edges of the doors and the guy saying "I got it." accomplishes this well enough. What confused me at first though was the first 4 panels showing the doors opening. At first glance the unbroken vertical lines are just visually confusing and don't look like anything elevator related until we see the guy. I think if you were to replace those 4 panels with one panel showing the entire elevator with it's doors just begining to open, it would get your intentions across much more simply.
Ah, thanks.  My friend also mentioned that the first four panels were confusing as well and, looking at it, yeah, they're weird.  I'll fix that up.

Quote from: MrScriblami like this one, nice twist on an old joke
Thanks
I'm awesome.


lenko

why not wait until you get feedback and THEN post them ; )
<emanhattan> i remember pingu ice cream
<emanhattan> it was a better time
<emanhattan> when the penguins were cold and delicious
<emanhattan> and i knew i was gonna be
<emanhattan> consequence free

topcatyo

Quote from: lenkabiscawhy not wait until you get feedback and THEN post them ; )
That is a very good idea.  I'll do that from now on.
I'm awesome.

RobHalford

Quote from: topcatyo
Quote from: lenkabiscawhy not wait until you get feedback and THEN post them ; )
That is a very good idea.  I'll do that from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_WV91jx8E

QuoteBut nevvgrounds is totally different from 4chan. We are a different set of people.
Quote<+ukinojoe> kirbopher is a pile of jackets
<+ukinojoe> if you remove them all
<+ukinojoe> all thats left is a dead rat

topcatyo

Here's one of them there comics.

I'm starting to do the comics a bit ahead of time again.  Maybe, eventually, I can do them early enough to spend the rest of the week making the joke good.
I'm awesome.

RobHalford

#129
You do realize basically 1/3 of the world's population is type O?

Kind of useless for vampires if you ask me.

QuoteBut nevvgrounds is totally different from 4chan. We are a different set of people.
Quote<+ukinojoe> kirbopher is a pile of jackets
<+ukinojoe> if you remove them all
<+ukinojoe> all thats left is a dead rat

topcatyo

Quote from: Rob HalfordYou do realize basically 1/3 of the world's population is type O?

Kind of useless for vampires if you ask me.
Vampires in general are pretty useless.  After all, it's pretty impossible for them to exist.
I'm awesome.

texas

#131
type O can be used as a donor to more types than any other
O- can be given to anything
this comic is misinformed
banned

ps that article is gay because it mentions salems lot and in the stephen king mythos most vampires are type three which means that they cant infect other people and there are some type ones but they only make type 2 vampires who are stupid and usually die but they are the ones that make type 3 vampires who cant infect anything your article doesnt apply and its gay  banned

shura

i hate that i had to read the mini comic just to get this.
you should have done something more obvious/funny like the vampire died because the human had aids or something, idk. people shouldn't have to read an explanation just to understand the humor. then it sucks

topcatyo

Quote from: Sashurai hate that i had to read the mini comic just to get this.
you should have done something more obvious/funny like the vampire died because the human had aids or something, idk. people shouldn't have to read an explanation just to understand the humor. then it sucks
I considered AIDS, but then I figured that every website ever has done AIDS to death.  The joke was more just that the type O blood killed the vampire, the talk about antigens in the mini comic was just because I felt like being pedantic.  I know that not everyone knows about the whole antigens thing, hence why I didn't include it in the main comic.  Otherwise I would have.

tldr answer: The joke was just about a vampire exploding and not the anigens junk.
I'm awesome.

rtil

i tried to read your post but all i saw was "anigen"

topcatyo

Whoops, typos.

Speaking of which, what happened to Anigen?
I'm awesome.

texas

#136
so if you ignore the fact that O can give to more blood types than any other and that either way no blood would do harm to you if you drink it no matter the type and the fact that the comic has no basis in science,
what is the joke
like its the joke equivalent of a man drinking fruit punch and exploding for some reason because of it
make better jokes

topcatyo

Quote from: you aint no nice guyso if you ignore the fact that O can give to more blood types than any other and that either way no blood would do harm to you if you drink it no matter the type and the fact that the comic has no basis in science,
what is the joke
like its the joke equivalent of a man drinking fruit punch and exploding for some reason because of it
make better jokes
How\\\'s this for an attempt at explanation: The antigens in a person\\\'s blood helps counteract some shit that fucks up vampires, and because of the lack of antigens, the vampire exploded because the shit fucked him up?

Also it\\\'s more the equivalent of a man drinking anti-aging potion and finding out it contains dairy and the man suddenly ages into dust in a second since he\\\'s lactose intolerant.
I'm awesome.

rtil

no use explaining it it's not getting any funnier

topcatyo

Quote from: rtilno use explaining it it's not getting any funnier
I figured.
I'm awesome.

|