thebackalleys

Main => General => Topic started by: lenko on February 10, 2012 09:22 AM

Title: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: lenko on February 10, 2012 09:22 AM
when i was a kid, i always wanted to make mario kart 64 the movie. i cant remember much of the 'plot', but i think it involved wario and bowser inventing the best kart ever and using it to cheat. or something. i'm pretty sure donkey kong died at one point, and was replaced by diddy kong

i also wanted to make this horrible crossover videogame between zelda and soul reaver where shiek turned out to be a vampire
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: iinnkk on February 10, 2012 10:01 AM
I wanted to make a pokemon amusement park
now on the internet years later i find out that there was one in japan and in taiwan, but both only lasted for a few months  :'(
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Crabarms on February 10, 2012 10:08 AM
I wanted to invent things when I was a kid and here's some of the stupid shit I thought of.

Clothes with fans inside them to keep people cooler. I imagined the fans would be spheres because I thought it would be smart to have them spherical and they would be tiny.

I watched quite a bit of south park growing up and the okama gamesphere  made me question if discs should be replaced by something else and I figured a spherical disc could be read much faster then average disc and that it could store more information. I knew shit about computers and no knowledge of flashdrives and never thought of consoles as computers.

Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: emanhattan on February 10, 2012 10:46 AM
where. do i. begin.

when i was 4 i wanted to be voltron and have my own mech

when i was 6 at one point i thought "I want to make videos about sonic characters singing romantic songs"

at 8 i literally created my own religion at school where we all praised a traced drawing of gengar that i made and i thought that would be my lifetime achievent

when i was 12 my main goal in life was create a powerful yu gi oh deck that would make all of them bitches stay put
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: emanhattan on February 10, 2012 11:09 AM
i also wanted to have a self-obsessed birthday party where everyone gets to destroy a pinata remniscent of someone who i dont like (there were a lot of candidates) then i would invite the kid to the party, and NOT give them cake, or the chance to destroy the pinata based on him. Slowly driving people into hating someone else by association/mental bullshit

i have issues
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: sev on February 10, 2012 11:29 AM
Quote from: vegeta on February 10, 2012 09:22 AM
when i was a kid, i always wanted to make mario kart 64 the movie. i cant remember much of the 'plot', but i think it involved wario and bowser inventing the best kart ever and using it to cheat. or something. i'm pretty sure donkey kong died at one point, and was replaced by diddy kong

i also wanted to make this horrible crossover videogame between zelda and soul reaver where shiek turned out to be a vampire

when i was a kid, my childhood ambition was to make as many good tba threads as jake oh no wait that was you B-B-B-B-BUUURN CHUMP



fun fact: the name "anigen" was originally made for my 12 year old bedroom studio of a few "animetors". since then i still only talk to one of the guys from that


Quote from: emanhattan on February 10, 2012 10:46 AM
when i was 12 my main goal in life was create a powerful yu gi oh deck that would make all of them bitches stay put

also i did that ^^^^^^^
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: lenko on February 10, 2012 02:33 PM
Quote from: sev on February 10, 2012 11:29 AM

when i was a kid, my childhood ambition was to make as many good tba threads as jake oh no wait that was you B-B-B-B-BUUURN CHUMP


Quote from: sev on February 10, 2012 11:29 AM

jake
good tba threads


hey jake, something about your sentence didn't make much sense, here i highlighted it just for you!
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: naturally on February 10, 2012 03:33 PM
i wanted to make my own video game for years and i designed like 30 of them. the first couple ones were usually all ripoffs of something, like zelda. it was a pretty fun hobby though and they were fun to draw out.
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: funzop on February 10, 2012 04:29 PM
Quote from: vegeta on February 10, 2012 02:33 PM
Quote from: sev on February 10, 2012 11:29 AM

when i was a kid, my childhood ambition was to make as many good tba threads as jake oh no wait that was you B-B-B-B-BUUURN CHUMP


Quote from: sev on February 10, 2012 11:29 AM

jake
good tba threads


hey jake, something about your sentence didn't make much sense, here i highlighted it just for you!


holy SHIT pwn
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: funzop on February 10, 2012 04:40 PM
also i wanted to be a comics artist and make a pokemon inspired comic atrocity
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: hattie on February 10, 2012 05:48 PM
i went through a phase when I was 9 where I wanted to make a cartoon about a dog wearing manpris who befriends some sexy anime fish
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: put on February 10, 2012 07:33 PM
Becoming the president of the world
I'm not even kidding, I wrote some essays and shit about how i would fix the world, some of the things I wrote were fucking hilarious

and I changed interests so fast that I never became obsessed with anything
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: rtil on February 10, 2012 08:13 PM
for a brief period in 6th grade i wanted to be a hacker

that's all i can think of. i wasn't very bold as a kid
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: lenko on February 10, 2012 08:27 PM
iinnkk's post reminded me, i wanted to own a theme park as well, but it was basically one giant arcade
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: BluPhoenix on February 10, 2012 08:30 PM
Quote from: vegeta on February 10, 2012 08:27 PM
iinnkk's post reminded me, i wanted to own a theme park as well, but it was basically one giant arcade

still an aspiration, actually
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: sev on February 10, 2012 08:50 PM
Quote from: vegeta on February 10, 2012 02:33 PM

hey jake, something about your sentence didn't make much sense, here i highlighted it just for you!


I was going to link a response to a video of Craig Marduk from Tekken 4 timestamped to the part where he goes "I'll break your FACE", but for some reason when I use a timestamp, it causes the post to not show up at all. So instead, I'm just going to link the video, and the satisfaction of forcing you to paste it all into your browser and remove the spaces. And you will do this, because your curiosity will not allow you to resist.

http:// www. youtube. com/ watch? v=ThtwZr6CBm0 &feature=player_detailpage# t=88s

Where are your crisps now, England man?!
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: zhicago on February 10, 2012 08:52 PM
When I was in middle school I actually convinced my best friend that there were aliens inside of most people and animals. This went on for 2 years. She ended up running away to the mountains in order to fall in love with a tree. Her mother told me not to see her anymore and when I finally spoke to her again 7 years later she still believed in everything. there is a lot more to this story like her putting a rock in her vagina to draw in the aliens but I will save that for a nother time
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: BluPhoenix on February 10, 2012 09:00 PM
Quote from: zhicago on February 10, 2012 08:52 PM
When I was in middle school I actually convinced my best friend that there were aliens inside of most people and animals. This went on for 2 years. She ended up running away to the mountains in order to fall in love with a tree. Her mother told me not to see her anymore and when I finally spoke to her again 7 years later she still believed in everything. there is a lot more to this story like her putting a rock in her vagina to draw in the aliens but I will save that for a nother time

the reverse chastity boulder is born
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Sef on February 10, 2012 09:34 PM
be the singer of a metal band
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: trent bortknob on February 11, 2012 05:34 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on February 10, 2012 10:10 PM
Quote from: zhicago on February 10, 2012 08:52 PM
When I was in middle school I actually convinced my best friend that there were aliens inside of most people and animals. This went on for 2 years. She ended up running away to the mountains in order to fall in love with a tree. Her mother told me not to see her anymore and when I finally spoke to her again 7 years later she still believed in everything. there is a lot more to this story like her putting a rock in her vagina to draw in the aliens but I will save that for a nother time

Ouch.

yeah that is seriously fucked up zhicago
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: trent bortknob on February 11, 2012 05:34 PM
did you eventually tell her that it wasn't true
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: zhicago on February 11, 2012 07:56 PM
It is probably the most fucked up thing I have ever done, especially considering shedidnt believe me when i told her it was our form of make believe (which it totally was for me at the time, I just didn't know at th time she thought it was real and not just some game we were playing). She said she had too many "spiritual experiences" fr it to have just been make believe, and that I had clearly lost touch with the other beings.
I was pretty dumbfounded and never talked to her again so idk what she's doing now. The amount of craziness in this 2 year span is just... really something else.
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: tmk on February 12, 2012 12:25 AM
I always wanted to be a professional baseball player but good god, alien vagina rocks
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: creamcorn on February 12, 2012 12:31 AM
thats fucked up zhi, you should get help for her or something or the GUILT WILL EAT YOU UP
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Hnilmik on February 12, 2012 12:53 AM
I'm very scared for that girl now...
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: psi43 on February 12, 2012 03:47 AM
i wanted to be a father when i was 10 (i still do at some point, but when i was 10 i wanted to be a father at that moment lmao).

Either way,
Quote from: tmk on February 12, 2012 12:25 AM
alien vagina rocks

Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: ZennyPLUS on February 12, 2012 04:26 AM
To be an astronaut but then Pluto was demoted from the Solar System.  :(
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: CVG on February 12, 2012 11:22 AM
I always wanted to make these weird and different restaurants and I'd draw out the floor plans and everything...

The only two I can remember now is one called "Time to Eat!" which involved a menu with food items that ranged from ham sandwich to steak and lobster. Basically there was a timer on your table and you were only charged for the time it took to eat the food...so you could have a great amount of food for very cheap if you ate it fast. I thought this would work nicely since it meant customers would move through faster while they saved money but were full when they left and more open tables for customers opening up faster too (so more sales heh).

the 2nd restaurant was mouse themed, and the tables were circles that looked like cheese wheels and had this giant human sized bottle feeder with 4 spouts (for a party of 4) that you could lick and it dispensed soda or whatever drink you ordered. And the floors where made of glass and below you were literally RIVERS of live mice walking around and traveling around tubes that linked into the walls and around you (so you could watch the mice play!) and then every 20 minutes there was a "interactive" moment in the restaurant where it looked like a CAT had somehow got into the restaurant so red lights would flash and portions of the walls went down where you could see this giant animatronic cat paw looking like it's trying to get into the restaurant, and another crack had a big cat eye with a red laser that shot out and "scanned the room"...the cat would then retreat when two mice animatronics wearing machine guns would come out and pretend to fire at the paw and then it would MEOWWWW and go away....(for the next show in 20 mins).
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: sev on February 12, 2012 08:07 PM
Quote from: CVG on February 12, 2012 11:22 AM
I always wanted to make these weird and different restaurants and I'd draw out the floor plans and everything...

The only two I can remember now is one called "Time to Eat!" which involved a menu with food items that ranged from ham sandwich to steak and lobster. Basically there was a timer on your table and you were only charged for the time it took to eat the food...so you could have a great amount of food for very cheap if you ate it fast. I thought this would work nicely since it meant customers would move through faster while they saved money but were full when they left and more open tables for customers opening up faster too (so more sales heh).

the 2nd restaurant was mouse themed, and the tables were circles that looked like cheese wheels and had this giant human sized bottle feeder with 4 spouts (for a party of 4) that you could lick and it dispensed soda or whatever drink you ordered. And the floors where made of glass and below you were literally RIVERS of live mice walking around and traveling around tubes that linked into the walls and around you (so you could watch the mice play!) and then every 20 minutes there was a "interactive" moment in the restaurant where it looked like a CAT had somehow got into the restaurant so red lights would flash and portions of the walls went down where you could see this giant animatronic cat paw looking like it's trying to get into the restaurant, and another crack had a big cat eye with a red laser that shot out and "scanned the room"...the cat would then retreat when two mice animatronics wearing machine guns would come out and pretend to fire at the paw and then it would MEOWWWW and go away....(for the next show in 20 mins).


that first idea is actually pretty clever
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Gladius on February 12, 2012 08:32 PM
Quote from: sev on February 12, 2012 08:07 PM
Quote from: CVG on February 12, 2012 11:22 AM
I always wanted to make these weird and different restaurants and I'd draw out the floor plans and everything...

The only two I can remember now is one called "Time to Eat!" which involved a menu with food items that ranged from ham sandwich to steak and lobster. Basically there was a timer on your table and you were only charged for the time it took to eat the food...so you could have a great amount of food for very cheap if you ate it fast. I thought this would work nicely since it meant customers would move through faster while they saved money but were full when they left and more open tables for customers opening up faster too (so more sales heh).

the 2nd restaurant was mouse themed, and the tables were circles that looked like cheese wheels and had this giant human sized bottle feeder with 4 spouts (for a party of 4) that you could lick and it dispensed soda or whatever drink you ordered. And the floors where made of glass and below you were literally RIVERS of live mice walking around and traveling around tubes that linked into the walls and around you (so you could watch the mice play!) and then every 20 minutes there was a "interactive" moment in the restaurant where it looked like a CAT had somehow got into the restaurant so red lights would flash and portions of the walls went down where you could see this giant animatronic cat paw looking like it's trying to get into the restaurant, and another crack had a big cat eye with a red laser that shot out and "scanned the room"...the cat would then retreat when two mice animatronics wearing machine guns would come out and pretend to fire at the paw and then it would MEOWWWW and go away....(for the next show in 20 mins).


that first idea is actually pretty clever

would probably end up nicknamed "the vomitorium" though
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: creamcorn on February 13, 2012 02:23 AM
i always wanted to have my own cartoon series on tv. its the only aspiration from my childhood that i remember and its starting to sound more and more stupid/hilarious as time goes on

(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi39.tinypic.com%2F2v28wtf.gif&hash=fe4306a7945c729a4e20d2dbe4448eb734ad70bb)
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Casey Pixmintro on February 13, 2012 06:42 AM
Quote from: creamcorn on February 13, 2012 02:23 AM
i always wanted to have my own cartoon series on tv. its the only aspiration from my childhood that i remember and its starting to sound more and more stupid/hilarious as time goes on

(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi39.tinypic.com%2F2v28wtf.gif&hash=fe4306a7945c729a4e20d2dbe4448eb734ad70bb)

Same goes for me, but I'm still gunning for that I guess
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Bogswallop on February 13, 2012 11:21 PM
When I was very young, I wanted to be a train driver cause thomas the tank engine.
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2012 03:31 AM
i wanted to write a lot of stories as a kid. they were always either about cats or pokemon though.

part of that still holds true today, minus the cats and pokemon.
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Casey Pixmintro on February 14, 2012 07:19 AM
Quote from: Bogswallop on February 13, 2012 11:21 PM
When I was very young, I wanted to be a train driver cause thomas the tank engine.


Thomas the Tank Engine was the shit
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Hnilmik on February 14, 2012 09:09 AM
I said I wanted to be a cartoon character. Just... That. It morphed into what I am now though.

I also wanted to be a magician, if I couldn't be a magical girl. Today, I'm ironically friends with magicians/magician's assistants. Maybe someday...

Quote from: Gladius on February 12, 2012 08:32 PM
Quote from: sev on February 12, 2012 08:07 PM
Quote from: CVG on February 12, 2012 11:22 AM
I always wanted to make these weird and different restaurants and I'd draw out the floor plans and everything...

The only two I can remember now is one called "Time to Eat!" which involved a menu with food items that ranged from ham sandwich to steak and lobster. Basically there was a timer on your table and you were only charged for the time it took to eat the food...so you could have a great amount of food for very cheap if you ate it fast. I thought this would work nicely since it meant customers would move through faster while they saved money but were full when they left and more open tables for customers opening up faster too (so more sales heh).


that first idea is actually pretty clever

would probably end up nicknamed "the vomitorium" though

Pretty much. Cool, but I tend to be a slow eater!
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: ZennyPLUS on February 14, 2012 09:24 AM
I wish I were a bird..

Azumanga Funny Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucITQR0SrQ#)
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Hnilmik on February 14, 2012 09:38 AM
Yes.
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2012 01:50 PM
I had two really dumb ones;
one was to create a habbo hotel clone that was actually school. So like a massive school mmorpg esque thing except you still had to learn and hand in homework /)_(\
second was to become a playwright, but looking at the sort of stuff I wrote at the time I am really glad that didn't happen
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: lenko on February 14, 2012 04:06 PM
oh yeah

i used to want to work for rareware. like really badly. back when they were making stuff like goldeneye, banjo kazooie, donkey kong etc

but looking at the current state of them i'm glad this never happened
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Sinitron on February 14, 2012 04:16 PM
Quote from: Shida on February 14, 2012 01:50 PM
one was to create a habbo hotel clone that was actually school. So like a massive school mmorpg esque thing except you still had to learn and hand in homework /)_(\
that's not so bad, add facebook integration and it'd be a smash fuckin hit

gay as hell maybe but hey it could work on the fags who play farmville all day
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Sinitron on February 14, 2012 04:16 PM
then again i guess people would just google the answers
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2012 06:24 PM
Quote from: Sinitron on February 14, 2012 04:16 PM
Quote from: Shida on February 14, 2012 01:50 PM
one was to create a habbo hotel clone that was actually school. So like a massive school mmorpg esque thing except you still had to learn and hand in homework /)_(\
that's not so bad, add facebook integration and it'd be a smash fuckin hit

gay as hell maybe but hey it could work on the fags who play farmville all day
lmao so true, it was even planned to include walking between classrooms. I had dreams of reality!

Quote from: Sinitron on February 14, 2012 04:16 PM
then again i guess people would just google the answers
They could do that with RL homework anyway...
Title: Re: stupid/hilarious aspirations from your past
Post by: s0und on February 15, 2012 12:25 AM
i really like your signature could you maybe make me one like that  :cool: