filedump public beta & new forum embed options

Started by rtil, March 24, 2010 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

for the past few weeks i've been coding the replacement to the public uploader. i think that it is now ready for a public beta where all members can test it.

this is your new place to upload files. enjoy!

new features include:
  • personal upload space with privacy options
  • file and folder management
  • audio & video file previews
  • simultaneous file uploads
it's not done yet (hence it being in beta), and i plan to add finishing touches (renaming files & a progress bar specifically). if you have any suggestions or run into a bug, explain what happened and i will fix it.

now that this is open to all members, i've ditched the forum's file attachment system and have replaced it with an "upload and embed" button you'll see underneath the post box to the left. for now it takes you to a new tab, but in the future i hope to make it more direct. once you upload a file, you can click on it in your file list to get an embed tag to put here.

this also allows for a long overdue feature - actual embedding of mp3 audio in a small flash player! using the [ mp3 ] bbcode tag you can now make a player widget for any mp3 audio file. the [ flv ] bbcode tag also allows you to embed flv, h.264 or mp4 videos. i may add wmv in the future as well.

++

here are some demos of the new tags:

http://www.thebackalleys.com/ok/04-Alain.mp3
[flv]http://www.thebackalleys.com/ok/komo4-vault-1955.flv[/flv]

pretty cool yes?????????????????

shura

RobHalford

fuck I was actually gonna work on something like the bbcode mp3 player

QuoteBut nevvgrounds is totally different from 4chan. We are a different set of people.
Quote<+ukinojoe> kirbopher is a pile of jackets
<+ukinojoe> if you remove them all
<+ukinojoe> all thats left is a dead rat

rtil

oh D: sorry i had no idea. if you make something better i'll totally replace it. the bbcode just swaps to this js swfobject player

RobHalford

I won't be working on it for a while, but it was something I started on a month or two ago.

QuoteBut nevvgrounds is totally different from 4chan. We are a different set of people.

rtil

redmongoose

Quote from: Inaxisdo u have a problem, bastard?!

RobHalford

doesn't play. it's just stuck in a load loop.

redmongoose

second test
http://www.thebackalleys.com/dump/files/246/013He3_witwdt.mp3

the player works for me rob, I think you have to wait a second for it to work the first time
Quote from: Inaxisdo u have a problem, bastard?!

rtil

i dunno what that video is that you embedded but it\\\'s 26kb and doesn\\\'t play anything for me

but your carl mp3 is playing just fine

iinnkk

Mew_User

Hnilmik

Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: iinnkkrad

SHADOWFOX2

I spammed the play button, and it eventually played the TMNT clip you posted on IRC
Good work rtil :]
Quote from: TomI followed a certain anigen in here one day
Quote from: lenkoalso i made tea instead of coffee fuckkkkkkkk
Quote from: lenkosugar MAKES the tea
Quote from: spiteI'm going to trick the top professional NBA basketball players to touch a magic basketball that absorbs all of their talent; Then combine their talent with mine own and destroy the world by reverse slam dunking over Micheal Jordan from half-court.
Quote from: Mad MeatUnlike before, when I`m ejaculating, there aren`t any ``sperm`` coming out anymore, and I am wondering if it is a bad thing? will it be permanent? or in the worst case, do anybody know what I should do?
then again, sorry for that question

rtil

sharpiedhalfnote

Quote from: rtilcool story bro
no no no... that one is super lame now
I think the current best is "Epic saga, Luke"
"Often, when one finds what one truly wants, one is too old to make use of it. Such is life, but that should not discourage one from trying to find it sooner."

rtil

rtil

just a note to anyone using this , i am making some changes over the next couple of days, so please excuse the mess. there is a problem with folder selection on upload not working, and i\\\'m replacing the unfinished file renaming feature with an option to select multiple files for folder move or delete actions. i\\\'d ideally also like to replace the 5-file uploader with an ajax uploader so the page doesn\\\'t have to reload, but we\\\'ll see how that goes as it\\\'s a little more of an advanced feature and i want to avoid using flash for it

i\\\'ll also be getting rid of the 100 file limit

rtil

the file upload tool is not working at the moment. i'm replacing it with one with a progress bar and a new file uploader will appear underneath it while a file is uploading. if i can't finish it by today i will put the old one back in so you can use it until i figure out how to implement the new one