Coraline

Started by ZekeySpaceyLizard, February 7, 2009 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

|

LordZeebmork

Quote from: KirbopherI didn't say the end of the movie. The section where she was retrieving the eyes of the three ghost kids seemed ridiculously Zelda-like.
not zelda-like, but incredibly like a video game

the rest of the movie was great but the eye part seemed ridiculously "okay let's just throw this in here as a plot device"/"okay let's cut things from here"/etc.

also the voice acting for coraline completely sucked

BE SHTONG CORALINE
I HYEHVF TO SAVE THEM
let's all set our phasers on "boring"

texas

i agree with what zeebmork said

also the ultimate evil spider form thing of the other mother was cool and creepy

rtil

i haven't read the book, but stuff like adding the character wybie and the finding the ghost children's eyes are cinematic devices to make the film more interesting, and i thought they worked really well. and on another note, the voice acting was excellent.

and i think comparing any bit of this film to a video game is totally stupid. video games haven't been around as long as films, much less books, and animation certainly has nothing to borrow or gain from them.

mishkamash

ive read the book about 2-3 years ago
god i think i read it more that twice
<lenko> i saw a hedgehog on the way home if i was drunk i would have yelled IM DOCTOR RRRRROBOTNIK and chased it 

f0d

Quote from: KirbopherNever once said "the movie reminded me of Zelda" nor am I even talking about the END of the movie. Apparantly the fact that I used the name of an actual game, since video games are taboo here due to people getting jaded by shitty flash movies, got everyone's panties in a bunch. Oh well.

Actually Other-Wybie I was disappointed about because it seemed like they just up and forgot about him. Right before she goes to get the final kid's eyes, they just sorta "wrap up" his entire story like it was an afterthought. Nobody complained, so I guess it didn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things, but that was a little disappointing. At least with the rest of the Other-characters they were given one last measly thing to do beforehand.
lmfao someones getting whiny
I have more of a life writing this review at 1145 pm than you guys do making these movies. . .

texas

#85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsO2-szvqM
our eyes will be on coraline

Kirbopher

Quote from: rtiland i think comparing any bit of this film to a video game is totally stupid. video games haven't been around as long as films, much less books, and animation certainly has nothing to borrow or gain from them.

Obviously, but again, that wasn't even what I was saying, nor was I even implying it to be something negative.
TehBorkOrlies~ (Kirbin' up your threads since December 2nd, 2008.)

rtil

#87

Ukinojoe

[attachment=2553:buttonsok.png]
OOOH I HATE SMURFS

<lenko> smash gets serious 2: garfield gets gruesome

trent bortknob

Quote from: 4 8 15 16 23 42http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsO2-szvqM
our eyes will be on coraline
i saw this thing like a month ago and its the only reason i want to see coraline

does john linell actually do that character's voice the entire time or just for that song?

lenko

after listening to that song i've just noticed i've been pronouncing coraline wrong for months

fuck

I was saying koh-ra-leene not kore-a-lyne
<emanhattan> i remember pingu ice cream
<emanhattan> it was a better time
<emanhattan> when the penguins were cold and delicious
<emanhattan> and i knew i was gonna be
<emanhattan> consequence free

texas

Quote from: taylor
Quote from: 4 8 15 16 23 42http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsO2-szvqM
our eyes will be on coraline
i saw this thing like a month ago and its the only reason i want to see coraline

does john linell actually do that character's voice the entire time or just for that song?
no its just the song
but the voice actor sounds a lot like john linell
its the guy who does pc from the im a mac ads

ansel

Quote from: taylor
Quote from: 4 8 15 16 23 42http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsO2-szvqM
our eyes will be on coraline
i saw this thing like a month ago and its the only reason i want to see coraline

does john linell actually do that character's voice the entire time or just for that song?

I was wondering about that too. I recognized his voice as soon as I heard it in the movie, but the voice sounds different for the rest of it... doesn't seem like he'd be the actor, but I forgot to check the voice credits both times I saw it so I don't really know

Quote from: Factoryshut up you skinny white ugly prick

99

Must...have....her...HAT.

Kirbopher

Apparantly They Might Be Giants came up with that song. They were supposed to do more music for the movie but I guess the studio opted to go with the chorus instead.
TehBorkOrlies~ (Kirbin' up your threads since December 2nd, 2008.)

rtil

Quote from: Ryan T.Must...have....her...HAT.
this hat?
[attachment=2555:Coraline...ers4_mid.jpg]

DrRumack

Quote from: Ukinojoe[attachment=2553:buttonsok.png]

<Naza> i hate penis exect mine
<Tyler Naugle> JOKE  TIME w/ JOKEOB BRECK
<+pantsman> you have yet to show me any applicable sign of intelligence yet scrib...
<HatsuneMiku> the pings and timeouts of jacob breck
<dilly> the tba will look up and cry "save us!".... and i'll look down and whisper .... "h"
Quote from: stealth trollwhat's up with you not sucking dicks like the faggot you are
<+fluffkomix> mrscriblam has added you as a friend
<+fluffkomix> ignore

<+mrscriblam> lmao

99

Yessssssssssssssssssss..... musssssst have it.......sssssssssssssssss!

Daveb0t

Quote from: morgan freemanno its just the song
but the voice actor sounds a lot like john linell
its the guy who does pc from the im a mac ads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hodgman



ansel

Quote from: morgan freemanits the guy who does pc from the im a mac ads

fuck

Quote from: Factoryshut up you skinny white ugly prick

|