Fantasmagorie

Started by Swoop, August 18, 2008 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Swoop

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/17/happy-...-animated-film/

This is one older foreign animation piece I hadn't seen and I'm glad I finally have, considering 'tis one of, if not THE first! Interesting trying to wrap your head around if he simply picked up his utensil and simply went for it, or did any sort of in-depth planning on each drawing and scene. The actions are very sparratic and random, yet they have much to say and they flow together one after another.

100 years later, here we are!

sQueef

Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.