cheeky

Started by rtil, November 21, 2015 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

Legit around half of the times I've been invited to watch Netflix, it's resulted in cheeky nandos.

Interestingly however, when I've been asked if I "want to watch a movie", with the movie being on Netflix, it has not resulted in cheeky nandos. Not because of a lack of attraction, as this is with the same people as the previous example.

Netflix, in mine and others experience, has become a synonym (or a euphemism?) for basically "let's sit around in nandos and eat chicken", when used by the lads at least (or rather, the lads that you fancy idk mind your pronouns i don't understand anymore). I think it's our generations equivalent of "do you want to come in for a peri peri?" after a smashing day out, etc. etc, with both parties knowing exactly what that implies.

That being said the UK's nandos range is absolutely atrocious and half the menu items I like aren't even on it, and I'm no even that hungry so go figure. My view of nandos is probably skewed because I'm a picky eater but I thought I'd chip in my views, especially as my mate - a third year chef -  is doing his project on the connotations of "cheeky nandos", so I might reply to this thread afterwards with a bit more information later on!

Bamyasi

Does anyone else feel like takeaway services like Nando's have pretty much ruined cheekiness?

Nando's was and still is a great supplement to the slew of mom and pop peri-peri houses we used to have, but has since driven those out of business.

Of course now when people refer to "Nando's" or even "cheeky," they're usually referring to the takeaway service which is fucking 👌.

Obviously its success lies in its being more convenient for the chav and undiscerning cheek viewer to pass time, but for people like me who get cheeky based on mood it can really suck.

Another great thing about peri-peri houses was that whatever you cheeked out, you were committed to watching. There are a ton of cheeks I might never have finished if I'd just happened upon them perusing Nando's menu, because I'd probably have switched to something else.

valiums

when i found out that netflix and chill was actually netflix and fuck i became extremely distressed
whats with people and fucking during movies
stop fucking
watch the movie
find jesus

soup

who cares about the movie

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

valiums