TBA now on Tapatalk!

Started by rtil, September 13, 2015 03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

What's Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is a mobile app designed to connect to internet forums and communities in realtime. It is available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone. if you are on your phone or tablet a lot, you can use Tapatalk to keep updated on the TBA forums from the interface of Tapatalk without having to visit the site. You can also receive notifications of new posts, replies to your posts, private messages and more.

How do I find TBA on Tapatalk?
Once you've downloaded the app, search for "thebackalleys" and it should be the only result. You'll see Allie as the icon for the site so you know it's us. From there you can follow the forum, login, and choose what you'll receive notifications for. Here are some screenshots of the app:

Stu4U

oohhh so thats why i was automatically sent to the app store when i checked tba on my phone last time

i'll give it a go

rtil

Quote from: Stu4U on September 13, 2015 05:44 AM
oohhh so thats why i was automatically sent to the app store when i checked tba on my phone last time

i'll give it a go

it should give you a splash screen asking if you want the app or just to view it on the web, but i highly recommend getting the app because i never bothered to make tba mobile-friendly (and i never will)

dilly

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

ExBerian

d-floe

This is great I can't wait to use it also

[emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji108]

slack

Ok I installed tapatalk, it's p. cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

d-floe

Quote from: slack on September 13, 2015 10:08 PM

You can get rid of that obnoxious sig if you go into settings and turn signature off.

slack

Quote from: Kizunami on September 13, 2015 10:17 PM
Quote from: slack on September 13, 2015 10:08 PM

You can get rid of that obnoxious sig if you go into settings and turn signature off.
Well maybe I like it

rtil

i wish i had a SAMSUNG-SM-G890A

slack

Quote from: rtil on September 13, 2015 10:30 PM
i wish i had a SAMSUNG-SM-G890A

it's a nice phone, waterproof, shock resistant, damn near bulletproof

d-floe

This is cool but I can't seem to see avatars in the app

rtil

Quote from: Kizunami on September 15, 2015 02:24 PM

that's strange. what platform? i can see avatars on iOS.

also there's a night theme in the preferences and it looks a lot nicer

d-floe

Quote from: rtil on September 15, 2015 09:39 PM

Quote from: Kizunami on September 15, 2015 02:24 PM

that's strange. what platform? i can see avatars on iOS.

also there's a night theme in the preferences and it looks a lot nicer
I use Android 4.4 its weird tho because when I see it in my notifications it shows the avatar

Shida

I'm so happy that you finally installed Tapatalk. Now I have something to do at work!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

<+edillyward> "Grabbed a whole bottle of naked guy in the trash cans" B)
<@sevv> rocket power is by far the best anime
"@Y3LL0WN1NJA they convert the electrical waves given off from earth, and convert them into sound waves, you gay animated dinosaur"
red: am I seriously the only person left online that is willing to argue with some idiot on a messageboard?
<+lenks> um i know that i try to get by with a lethal dick on my face but u always have 2 bring it up
SHADOWFOX2: I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the website: The Backalleys before
<+bd648> why are there no mario survival horror games.

rtil

Quote from: Shida on September 16, 2015 05:39 PM
I'm so happy that you finally installed Tapatalk. Now I have something to do at work!

i'm so happy people are using it! i've always been dreading having to make a 2nd layout for mobile. now i don't have to!

Shida

Yaaay! I just have to get used to seeing TBA in white and orange with no profile pics for anyone. It's a bit jarring.

"@Y3LL0WN1NJA they convert the electrical waves given off from earth, and convert them into sound waves, you gay animated dinosaur"
red: am I seriously the only person left online that is willing to argue with some idiot on a messageboard?
<+lenks> um i know that i try to get by with a lethal dick on my face but u always have 2 bring it up
SHADOWFOX2: I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the website: The Backalleys before

d-floe

Quote from: Shida on September 17, 2015 03:49 PM
Yaaay! I just have to get used to seeing TBA in white and orange with no profile pics for anyone. It's a bit jarring.
The dark theme is way better

rtil

Quote from: Kizunami on September 17, 2015 06:40 PM
Quote from: Shida on September 17, 2015 03:49 PM
The dark theme is way better
i agree - in fact, it shares a very similar color scheme to TBA

Shida

Oh! I hadn't realised Tapatalk had a dark theme - time to change it :D