This stupid fucking pen

Started by Bamyasi, May 2, 2014 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamyasi

LIX WORLD'S SMALLEST 3D PRINTING PEN
"3D printing" was already a bad name for additive manufacturing, and now it's being appropriated by these motherfuckers. Or is it supposed to be "printing" as in not writing cursive? I only see the idiot in the video using it for dumb art stuff.

So yeah, fuck this thing.

zwimmy

Bamyasi

This is the video I meant to post:
THE SMALLEST 3D PRINTING PEN IN THE WORLD-LIX
Listen to that dummy prattle on like an idiot. He doesn't even explain how 3D ink works in the video.

michaell

rtil

it's a vanity project that the average person will think is really cool, so i have a feeling it will get funded. i don't see any real practical application for it though

Gilthwixt

It's a novelty item. I don't really find it offensive.

crackers

"little things can do bigger ideas"

clearly an advert for the lesser endowed males

Flash

maybe if you could fold and unfold "3d drawings" into 2d drawings this would actually be useful for engineering purposes and blueprints?

soup

i can draw my ideal home and then live in it, looks good

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Bamyasi

Quote from: rtil on May  2, 2014 08:39 AM
it's a vanity project that the average person will think is really cool, so i have a feeling it will get funded.
You have a feeling huh?

Quote from: wop on May  2, 2014 11:15 AM
"little things can do bigger ideas"
"This exceptional pen is a small and smart pen."

Too bad it can't teach you how to not sound illiterate.

Stu4U

i wonder how long the stuff that comes out of that pen can last without breaking

Bamyasi

"Essentially, Lix 3D printing pen has the similar function as of 3D printers: it melts and cools colored plastic, letting you create rigid and free-standing structures, which can be formed in any imaginable shapes."

Quote from: Stu4U on May  2, 2014 07:50 PM
i wonder how long the stuff that comes out of that pen can last without breaking
With that syntax, I'd say about 0.7 seconds.

rtil

yeah well i can't say i'm surprised. i've seen much dumber projects get funded. i still can't get over the absurdity of this one.

Bamyasi

At least that guy can orate without sounding like a total dingbat. Give him a break, rtil. He's just following his dream.
[spoiler]I couldn't type any of this with a straight face.[/spoiler]

zwimmy

I knew the fucking hipsters would throw money at this shit

Sinitron

Quote from: zwimmy on May  2, 2014 10:48 PM
I knew the fucking hipsters would throw money at this shit

TUMBLR IS FOR HIPSTERS YOU HYPOCRITE WTF

naturally

i literally have zero understanding of the post above mine

Quote from: rtil on May  2, 2014 08:39 AM
it's a vanity project that the average person will think is really cool, so i have a feeling it will get funded. i don't see any real practical application for it though

also this

all this 3d printing stuff seems like a gigantic waste of space because it's 'cool'

CoolDrMoney

It's a gimmick and if they don't get their shit in check someones going to make something like this that's much more practical.
http://cooldrmoney.deviantart.com/

"Hmmm...."
by: SpeedyPac
date: December 1, 2007
Wade is not gay, read his profile! It's sad that you would use sexual orientation as a joke, shows that you have no real sense of humor.

rtil

the 3d printers that can manufacture working parts and stuff are cool. these pens are just silly

naturally

i should probably specify that i know 3d printers have some awesome engineering potential but i doubt most people will use these kind of things for stuff like that.

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/04/24/movie-gravity-sketch-3d-drawing-tablet-preview/

this is another one of those things that has no real practical application. i don't think any 3d modeller would really want to use this.