TBA Oekaki is open!

Started by rtil, May 9, 2012 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

TBA Oekaki

After years of waiting the TBA Oekaki is finally ready to go! No need to register an account - your forum account is attached to the oekaki. You can start painting right away! There's 3 different pieces of painting software (ShiBBS, ChibiPaint and PaintBBS), so try each one if you haven't already and find your favorite. All you need is Java, and they run right in your browser. ChibiPaint also supports pressure sensitivity if you have JTablet.

The main functionality of TBA Oekaki is in place. This includes the painting software, retouching, editing and comment system. More features to come include embedding options, oekaki stats & link on your profile & posts and more style integration.

Also, if you encounter any bugs or problems, this is the place to post it. Since it just launched there may be things that i missed. Please include your browser, version, OS, and the page you encountered the error.

And lastly, have fun and share your paintings! Suggestions, ideas and feedback are also welcome.

naturally

yesyesyes

edit: also the canvas size preview thing before you start drawing is really neat

psi43

That's pretty awesome. Also I got a new avatar.

Shida

fukkin book[mark]ed awe yea
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

<+edillyward> "Grabbed a whole bottle of naked guy in the trash cans" B)
<@sevv> rocket power is by far the best anime
"@Y3LL0WN1NJA they convert the electrical waves given off from earth, and convert them into sound waves, you gay animated dinosaur"
red: am I seriously the only person left online that is willing to argue with some idiot on a messageboard?
<+lenks> um i know that i try to get by with a lethal dick on my face but u always have 2 bring it up
SHADOWFOX2: I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the website: The Backalleys before
<+bd648> why are there no mario survival horror games.

Shida

ps you might want to make the DRAW button a bit more obvious!!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

<+edillyward> "Grabbed a whole bottle of naked guy in the trash cans" B)
<@sevv> rocket power is by far the best anime
"@Y3LL0WN1NJA they convert the electrical waves given off from earth, and convert them into sound waves, you gay animated dinosaur"
red: am I seriously the only person left online that is willing to argue with some idiot on a messageboard?
<+lenks> um i know that i try to get by with a lethal dick on my face but u always have 2 bring it up
SHADOWFOX2: I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the website: The Backalleys before
<+bd648> why are there no mario survival horror games.

rtil

rtil

fixed a bug where the original author couldn't edit the title or description of their pic (thanks chacha!)

ZennyPLUS

This application requires a perquisite in the arts and an electronic device known as a tablet.

ZennyPLUS

Totally downloading that allie pic, super cute. Thanks captain!

rtil

a tablet does help, but only chibi paint can do pressure sensitivity. that being said, drawing with a mouse/pad is a bitch

shmeckelbutt

fyi you can use pressure sensitivity with shipainter but you just have to click the little p in the corner of the canvas

12:39   BluPhoenix   wtf!

zwimmy

I want to try it but I'm nervous because I really suck at drawing on the computer ;___;

rtil

if you don't end up liking your drawing, you can delete it ;)

rtil

small update - you can now view the # of oekakis drawn and a slideshow of oekakis on your profile page, and the oekaki profile page is now properly formatted. i'll probably add the slideshow functionality to this page as well. the oekaki is pretty much done aside from a few style changes. once it is done, i'll be plugging it on dA and hopefully bringing in some more members.

rtil

there is something weird going on with that oekaki in the database. i'll look into it.

rtil

a new java update has decided that the oekaki applets are not safe and blocks them by default. to fix this, go to "Configure Java" in your start menu, go to the "Security" tab, and add http://www.thebackalleys.com to your Exception Site List. then reload the oekaki, and say that you trust the application to run.

Sinitron

rtil

if you have half a brain you can have java installed and not have to worry about anything

ZennyPLUS

Quote from: rtil on February 24, 2014 08:48 AM
if you have half a brain you can have java installed and not have to worry about anything

half of my brain is actually a potato, so i don't know where that leaves me

rtil