Previous topic - Next topic

KingDavid

Quote from: taylor
Quote from: Sinitronit sucks ass okay

and muse isnt that great anyway
thanks ill use this comment to help myself improve

W.A.S.I.M.

rtil

the animation was kinda sloppy, seem rushed. there wasn't much of a payoff in terms of an ending either.

KingDavid

Hmm, I wouldnt go as far as saying that it was sloppy. I gave myself enough time to create what I believe was the most exagerated formula for this script. Some moments are on twos, and it's a given it was to save time, but at the same time, I still wouldnt change them. If I could have made it longer though I would have.

sev

Quote from: KingDavidHmm, I wouldnt go as far as saying that it was sloppy.

I would.

KingDavid

Haha. Well I like to revolve around magic when animating which is why I insist on not animating everything on 1s.Its my movie its my style buddy

CVG

I think it went all too fast and in the end made little-to-no sense. The crayon drawing background in the intro was distracting and ugly and I think a drawing of the background straight into Flash would have looked cleaner and nicer as it pans by. Actually the drawn in flash background was pretty bad too because you put no thought into the colors or shading...for example there are pink panel sidewalk parts mixed with grey and yellow?? Gag! And the clouds are a gross gradient that don't add anything to them except making them look amateurish and ugly. The pico character was done with a lot of short cuts and loops and the way he slides into the scene to the sidewalk with a looping open and closing mouth was both lazy and cheapened the effect that this is even a real character...he came off as a composed puppet twitching and jerking. At first I totally didn't understand he glued a penny to the street haha, I thought he applied lotion to his hand then did a flip off screen :T But then as the kid walked in, I noticed the tiny orange spot and had to kind of just assume it was money or something. The kid's walk was done nicely enough although it's just a sliding movie clip. The moments are all very stiff though and that's because you cut only parts of the body from a stock pose and moved what had to move like a single arm or head instead of actually drawing his whole self reacting and moving as a unit and not just chunks. In the end, I didn't really get the joke either...so pico owned an ice cream truck and drove by and then the kid was mad?? I mean how would pico even know the kid would use the penny for ice cream?? And why did the penny disappear when he drove over it? And he flipped off the kid for some reason? Idk it was not paced out well and could have used better planning to give the audience more guidance as to what is going on. Oh well keep trying, but I recommend more animation of the whole body and not just parts that twitch, and better coloring, and looking at colors to help make the cartoon look solid and clean...not everywhere and random. Good luck :]

sev

Quote from: KingDavidHaha. Well I like to revolve around magic when animating which is why I insist on not animating everything on 1s.Its my movie its my style buddy

EDIT: originally i said "don't ask for criticism if you don't want it, buddy" but then i read the part i bolded and i realized i can't actually take you seriously so instead i'm just going to say lmao

Sapphire

i don't get it... ...............................

CoolDrMoney

I liked it I think youre all being a bit too gay on this one
http://cooldrmoney.deviantart.com/

"Hmmm...."
by: SpeedyPac
date: December 1, 2007
Wade is not gay, read his profile! It's sad that you would use sexual orientation as a joke, shows that you have no real sense of humor.

jjjjjjjjjj

it went by too quickly
you need to time it out, its the most important part of animation mann

shmeckelbutt

Quote from: Sapphirei don't get it... ...............................

12:39   BluPhoenix   wtf!

meowth

Quote from: KingDavidHaha. Well I like to revolve around magic when animating which is why I insist on not animating everything on 1s.Its my movie its my style buddy

do you live in a doghouse?

Sinitron

it sucked also stop doing drugs faggot WTF

KingDavid

Hahaha. I can take critisizm believe me i aintloosingsleep to any of your comments. But this is a soloproject of mineand I wanted to make it exactly howI envisioned it. It's suppose to be trippy and fast because thatshow I would like to see it and ultimatley its mymovie no one elses! and to the guy who said lay off the drugs - believe me homie ive cut back, animating trippy shit like this is what gets me high nowadays

EDIT
thanks for the comments i actually apreciate them, im not trying to sound like im being ignorantif thatshow im comming off.

and BTW that "crayon drawing" was a photoshopped background that i painted the outline first scanned and editedand colored in PS and took me a godamwhole week to do !!!!!!!!

meowth

well you smell like you live in a doghouse

KingDavid

buddy my house is huge and awesome