thebackalleys

Main => General => Topic started by: emanhattan on July 11, 2010 12:46 AM

Title: where do you work?
Post by: emanhattan on July 11, 2010 12:46 AM
I tought it would be fun if everyone talked about what they do to get da cash

I work for a small Game development team making graphics for their game,ildom, for wich I got hired a few months ago.

I am also making digital art for logos and mascots for local buisnesses.

so whats up with you guys?
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Casey Pixmintro on July 11, 2010 12:53 AM
I've been working at a Summer Recreation Program at my high school seasonally for the last 5 years as an assistant/head counselor. Its pretty retarded cuz we're completely broke cuz they only charge $5 a fuckin kid for 8 WEEKS. I also work for the local radio station, WATS/WAVR 102.1, an adult contemporary station as a sound board operator. They usually play utter shit most of the time, but when I work I usually just play shit I like heh.I've been workin there for about 2.5 years now. I also recently got hired at the KFC/Taco Bell and make Tacos and serve chicken. It sucks for the most part.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: jjjjjjjjjj on July 11, 2010 01:00 AM
working at a retirement home as a utility worker washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen
its actually not a bad job not that i can listen to music while we wash dishes
free food and pay isn't bad

also hey a thread from eman that isnt stupid woah
Title: where do you work?
Post by: dilly on July 11, 2010 02:42 AM
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcincinnatiflames.com%2Fimages%2Fskyline.JPG&hash=f286c5526e74eb1793dcee306de41ec5cfa4f354)

awww yeah
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Fuzz on July 11, 2010 02:47 AM
I work for Wendy's and GameStop. Discount food AND videogames! Who could ask for more?!
Title: where do you work?
Post by: funzop on July 11, 2010 04:12 AM
ur mom lol
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Gregly on July 11, 2010 05:59 AM
I work at a local-ish grocery store (Giant Eagle) in the deli. I get to caress meat all day.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: slantedskarekrow on July 11, 2010 07:26 AM
Thrills, Go-go in the poconos (http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100309/NEWS/3090320)

I work at a local topless bar as a bar back, basically i wash the dishes, stock beer and glasses and clean up at the end of the night. I get a lot of down time so that's cool. the place actually recently lost a lawsuit against the township but basically it seems to have changed nothing. i actually just got home a bit ago, i get minimum wage plus 10% of the bar tenders tips, it usually rounds out to 9-10 dollars an hour.

[EDIT]
I found their website (http://www.pa-thrills.com/index.html)
Title: where do you work?
Post by: rtil on July 11, 2010 07:40 AM
i make flash animations for online games for studios like nickelodeon and disney. mostly kids stuff
Title: where do you work?
Post by: BloodyCheery on July 11, 2010 07:43 AM
I work as a medical tech/phlebotomist in the Navy. Currently I am on sea duty a.k.a. deployment serving food/washing dishes from early in the morning to really fucking late at night. It sucks so much but the ports we visit are pretty cool!
Title: where do you work?
Post by: jjjjjjjjjj on July 11, 2010 07:54 AM
is the pay good at least?
Title: where do you work?
Post by: BloodyCheery on July 11, 2010 08:04 AM
Quote from: jjjjjjjjjjis the pay good at least?

If I were to tell you how much money I've been making since my deployment started, some of you would suddenly want to join the military and beg to go on deployment, no matter what your job was. I guarantee it.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topsocialite.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F06%2Fbilly-mays.jpg&hash=256762fed0320bd8762315ab9e85a833abae42f7)
Title: where do you work?
Post by: rtil on July 11, 2010 08:16 AM
well it shouldn't be any secret by now that government jobs pay much more handsomly than private sector jobs
Title: where do you work?
Post by: lenko on July 11, 2010 11:21 AM
small animation studio, we do little commercials n shit like that and sometimes game graphics for flash stuff. but recently we've been commissioned to make a music video for someone which is gonna be pretty cool
Title: where do you work?
Post by: tmk on July 11, 2010 12:40 PM
steak and shake
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Gregly on July 11, 2010 03:39 PM
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebackalleys.com%2Fdump%2Ffiles%2F1521%2F788y1Y_trains010.jpg&hash=6b750bb33d7a48ca901267a332ad44c5a9e8d9a3)

This is me at work.
Can this thread be everyone drawing themselves at work now?
Title: where do you work?
Post by: creamcorn on July 11, 2010 04:03 PM
data processing
pay is ok
Title: where do you work?
Post by: slack on July 11, 2010 05:07 PM
I too work for the government
Title: where do you work?
Post by: salutations on July 11, 2010 05:39 PM
omg steak and shakes are so good. i went to one in nc i gotta shake that was banana on one side of the glass and chocolate on the other.


i work for sears portrait studio. sometimes it sucks but in general i pretty much love what i do  i get to use a camera all day and thats all i wanted since i was a wee lass.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Casey Pixmintro on July 11, 2010 08:36 PM
Goddamn I love Steak and Shake.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Daveb0t on July 12, 2010 10:52 PM
I make frenetic cash online for little to no effort???

click here to find out how
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Terry Thel Ozymandius on July 13, 2010 06:03 PM
I work at a video store.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Jeinu on July 14, 2010 02:19 AM
i freelance

so far the work has been good and regular

but the downside is most of my contracts say i can't show anyone what i'm working on until it's completed

which is stupid
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Casey Pixmintro on July 14, 2010 02:44 AM
i wanna get into freelancing
Title: where do you work?
Post by: ZekeySpaceyLizard on July 14, 2010 02:50 AM
I work for a game company, now. Feels good, man.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: funzop on July 14, 2010 05:51 AM
Quote from: nonzopur mom lol
Title: where do you work?
Post by: 99 on July 14, 2010 05:57 AM
At a headache clinic in a hospital.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: emanhattan on July 14, 2010 06:43 AM
Quote from: nonzop
Quote from: nonzopur mom lol
Title: where do you work?
Post by: spite on July 14, 2010 08:41 AM
I get paid to play video games
Title: where do you work?
Post by: rtil on July 14, 2010 05:18 PM
Quote from: Jeinubut the downside is most of my contracts say i can't show anyone what i'm working on until it's completed

which is stupid
i'd be surprised if anything you ever worked on allowed you to show what you're working on until after it's done/certain period of time
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Redfeather08 on July 14, 2010 10:19 PM
I work as a supervisor in a nontraditional call center for a branch of Google in a downtown office building next to a liquor store, pay is very good.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: rtil on July 14, 2010 10:55 PM
Quote from: Redfeather08a supervisor in a nontraditional call center for a branch of Google
what kind of work does that encompass, exactly
Title: where do you work?
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on July 14, 2010 11:18 PM
I used to work at a place called Laser Quest
Now I work across the street from   ^   at a department store in a mall called Sears
...I'm a cashier...

Quote from: Ixintroi wanna get into freelancing
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Ashington on July 14, 2010 11:19 PM
I used to work in a pub but atm i deliver leaflets until i can find another decent job.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: MarcK on July 15, 2010 05:19 AM
Over the past 4 summers I've been a lifeguard at a small community (http://bartonglenclubinc.com/index.html) pool. I live in the community so I can walk and be at the pool in 30 minutes. The pay's 9.50 per hour and I really do absolutely nothing for 20 hours per week. It's pretty fucking sweet. Other times I'm just a fulltime student.

Quote from: rtili make flash animations for online games for studios like nickelodeon and disney. mostly kids stuff


Quote from: vegetasmall animation studio, we do little commercials n shit like that and sometimes game graphics for flash stuff. but recently we've been commissioned to make a music video for someone which is gonna be pretty cool


Quote from: salutationsomg steak and shakes are so good. i went to one in nc i gotta shake that was banana on one side of the glass and chocolate on the other.


i work for sears portrait studio. sometimes it sucks but in general i pretty much love what i do  i get to use a camera all day and thats all i wanted since i was a wee lass.


Quote from: ZekeyI work for a game company, now. Feels good, man.
On a scale of 1-10 how hard was it to get these jobs?
Title: where do you work?
Post by: salutations on July 15, 2010 06:24 AM
Actually getting my job was pretty easy. I already knew the basic functions of a camera and had been working on photography for a while. To be honest the only requirements were that you were a good people person and were good with kids. One of my interview questions was could I cluck like a chicken.
Title: where do you work?
Post by: Jeinu on July 15, 2010 06:25 AM
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: Jeinubut the downside is most of my contracts say i can't show anyone what i'm working on until it's completed

which is stupid
i'd be surprised if anything you ever worked on allowed you to show what you're working on until after it's done/certain period of time
yeaahhh but it is pretty annoying when most of my conversations online consist of

"why haven't you been working on anything lately"
"actually i've been working a lot lately"
"oh can i see"
"no"
"oh"
"yeah"
"ok"
Title: where do you work?
Post by: rtil on July 15, 2010 08:38 AM
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: rtili make flash animations for online games for studios like nickelodeon and disney. mostly kids stuff
On a scale of 1-10 how hard was it to get these jobs?
it took 8 months after i graduated to finally find a job after applying for dozens. half before them fell through, the other half i never heard anything back. with this one i just went in for an interview and 2 days later they hired me and i started the next monday. so i don't really know. it was hard to finally find a job, but easy once i got in. the economy isn't all that much better than when i got hired - in fact it's probably worse, so you might experience the same kind of thing. but it really depends on where you live and how much work you have under your belt. i was straight out of school and most companies i applied to work for were looking for people with 5+ years industry experience with unrealistic skillsets (they wanted 1 person to do the job of 2 people, to save money.)

Quote from: Jeinu
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: Jeinubut the downside is most of my contracts say i can't show anyone what i'm working on until it's completed

which is stupid
i'd be surprised if anything you ever worked on allowed you to show what you're working on until after it's done/certain period of time
yeaahhh but it is pretty annoying when most of my conversations online consist of

"why haven't you been working on anything lately"
"actually i've been working a lot lately"
"oh can i see"
"no"
"oh"
"yeah"
"ok"
just say "f u" conversation over
Title: where do you work?
Post by: emanhattan on July 15, 2010 09:24 AM
As part of my extremely short comissions list I am doing a friend of mineĀ“s logo for his  fast food biz for a relatively small ammunt of cash

every time he calls me convo goes like this

"hey buddy how are you"
"heh fine heh"
"so are you workin on the logo man"
"nah man im kinda busy I havent worked in it heh"
"I want the logo to be like this fffgfhfgfbhdbshagjgua!!"

and whenever I dont pick up the phone, motherfucker comes to my house IN THE MORNING

now I am a feller who wakes up at 2pm during his vacations and I dont like gettin fuckin up by 10 am because of dumb fuck wh wants his logo

man workin sucks