thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: mishkamash on September 9, 2007 01:48 AM

Title: Another piece...
Post by: mishkamash on September 9, 2007 01:48 AM
*Expect large image*

My very first piece only with computer.

It's actually my favorite piece. (avatar)

***And if you say it's a furry, shut up, it's not, learn the difference.***
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc02.deviantart.com%2Ffs17%2Ff%2F2007%2F162%2F4%2Fe%2FMishka_by_gitrdun1.png&hash=635b8385b82a52c434949d0a6abe88487fdf5254)
Title: Another piece...
Post by: rtil on September 9, 2007 03:15 AM
why are your images so large? please shrink them down. if the forum didnt' automatically do it for me, i would have not even bothered looking. anyway, he looks like a cartoon character, not a furry. face looks a little garbled, but you have some solid cartoon conventions down
Title: Another piece...
Post by: mishkamash on September 9, 2007 03:23 AM
Quote from: rtilwhy are your images so large? please shrink them down. if the forum didnt' automatically do it for me, i would have not even bothered looking. anyway, he looks like a cartoon character, not a furry. face looks a little garbled, but you have some solid cartoon conventions down

I want to shrink them but I dunno how... (yeah, I sound hopeless) Sorry.

Anyways, I did struggle with the face, especially with the muzzle put in.
And to tell you the truth, the pose helped hide his hands, because I couldn't draw them too well...
I need to work on the figure of his hands, and pretty much his anatomy, too, like the other one you told me about.
*his arms differ in length a bit*

About the furry thing...
One friend of mine said it looked like a furry and took offence to it for some reason, pretty much means he never saw Looney Toons.
But anyways, yeah, thank you for the critique.
Title: Another piece...
Post by: anigentleman on September 9, 2007 03:52 PM
your proportions are totally fucked up but the coloring is ok
Title: Another piece...
Post by: mishkamash on September 9, 2007 05:02 PM
Quote from: anigentlemanyour proportions are totally fucked up but the coloring is ok

I actually used gradients for the ears and head, so it's not all that good.
Title: Another piece...
Post by: trent bortknob on September 9, 2007 05:13 PM
1. don't use gradients. i mean rtil casn pull it off but i dont know if you could so just stick to standard shading
2. make the body a little shorter and the legs a little longer, unless you're going for that sort of look bnut uh i dunno
3. the face doesnt really make any sense to, the eyes are kind of just in random places and the nose is too low and blah blah blah
4. dont listen to anigen, the coloring is the worst part for me. the proportions are ok though
Title: Another piece...
Post by: mishkamash on September 9, 2007 06:05 PM
Quote from: taylor1. don't use gradients. i mean rtil casn pull it off but i dont know if you could so just stick to standard shading
2. make the body a little shorter and the legs a little longer, unless you're going for that sort of look bnut uh i dunno
3. the face doesnt really make any sense to, the eyes are kind of just in random places and the nose is too low and blah blah blah
4. dont listen to anigen, the coloring is the worst part for me. the proportions are ok though

1. Alright.
2. I will.
3. Okay.
4. I wouldn't...