thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: psi43 on April 28, 2010 11:15 PM

Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: psi43 on April 28, 2010 11:15 PM
For those of you who don't know, the 20th of May is "Everybody draw mohammed day". It's not a day to spite mohammed, as in, drawing him with dynamite/bombs/having sex with pigs/whatever, it's more of a "just draw him because you can" thing. Although, funny/spiteful images are probably still welcome, even though they are entirely missing the points.

Now i know that some of you know about this day and some of you are gonna make something (I will, and i think J said he'll do a quick sketch).
This topic ain't a placeholder for the 20th, i will update the first post on the 20th if some people on here draw him though, it's more of a discussion if you are going to make something and what you think about it.

I think it all started out with some dumb facebook group, i won't post the link cause whether you are in the group or not doesn't really matter much anyways. If you want me to, i can update this post with the link later though.

Here's a drawing made by some chick whose name i have forgotten which basically started all this:
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.planearium.de%2Fbilder%2Fnews-drawmohammed.jpg&hash=ea7df5457d201c20e13c1e4fe57294de767ab2f3)

also please don't turn this into a southpark discussion, there's a different thread for that ok
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on April 28, 2010 11:18 PM
im writing a comic about this

should range from ok to magnum opus
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Hnilmik on April 28, 2010 11:57 PM
Quote from: railgunI think it all started out with some dumb facebook group
It actually started with South Park being censored.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opini...o-1225859590165 (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/mohammed-censorship-no-joke/story-e6frg6zo-1225859590165)

Simpsons even cracked a joke about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandra...orship-row.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7643351/The-Simpsons-support-South-Park-writers-in-Mohammed-censorship-row.html)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on April 29, 2010 12:12 AM
http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry185132 (http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8635&st=60&gopid=185132&#entry185132)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Wasim on April 29, 2010 10:48 AM
niga say what
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: psi43 on April 29, 2010 12:44 PM
Quote from: HnilmikSimpsons even cracked a joke about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandra...orship-row.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7643351/The-Simpsons-support-South-Park-writers-in-Mohammed-censorship-row.html)

fun fact, even that was censored in some places
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on April 29, 2010 03:14 PM
I'll draw a pencil portrait of him for the occasion. I'll even save a good 18x24 for it.

We should make a contest due the 20th based off this.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on April 29, 2010 09:13 PM
I am offended.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: creamcorn on April 29, 2010 09:45 PM
i hate the fact that some muslims ruin it for everyone else by making these death-threats and shit also because thats not how the prophet muhammed taught the muslims to act
(i think boycotting danish products after that cartoon was a better idea tho because that made him apologise in the end without causing any violence or shedding blood)

i think this facebook idea is gonna be misunderstood by a lot of people who probably will think that its an opportunity to go ahead and intentionally insult and spread the hate towards islam and probably any other religion with it under the name of freedom of speech
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: emanhattan on April 29, 2010 09:51 PM
^
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on April 29, 2010 10:33 PM
as if islam merits any respect from people who don't follow it
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: creamcorn on April 29, 2010 10:46 PM
if you said 'as if muslims merit any respect from non-muslims' then i would agree
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on April 29, 2010 10:51 PM
Quote from: BamyasiI am offended.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.filibustercartoons.com%2Fcomics%2F20060204.gif&hash=0e051300f16ca712ffe2c498a8264805c91ec10a)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on April 29, 2010 10:52 PM
Quote from: chickenif you said 'as if muslims merit any respect from non-muslims' then i would agree
same thing
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: creamcorn on April 29, 2010 11:27 PM
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: chickenif you said 'as if muslims merit any respect from non-muslims' then i would agree
same thing
yeah youre right, and thats what i meant with muslims ruining the reputation of islam and muslims by doing things islam itself has forbidden, from killing civillians to being lazy and unemployed, livin off the governments money etc

but youre right muslims deserve it to be mocked and insulted because its their own fuckin fault
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on April 29, 2010 11:57 PM
well religious bodies have never really been shining examples of a respectable society from a historical point of view so it's no surprise
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: creamcorn on April 30, 2010 12:00 AM
that is not true

also, deja vu
could we do this another time and stay on topic this time ?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: emanhattan on April 30, 2010 12:01 AM
I dont see how being offensive as a response to offense/threat solves anything
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on April 30, 2010 12:14 AM
Quote from: chickenthat is not true

also, deja vu
could we do this another time and stay on topic this time ?
it is, but there won't be another time since you admitted that you accept your religion on blind faith, there is no point in arguing with you. saves both of us time so it's for the better.

Quote from: emanI dont see how being offensive as a response to offense/threat solves anything
offending radical, oversensitive muslims whose minds are in the gutter of the 16th century is the least important part of this event
the intentions were to rally behind matt & trey, south park and freedom of expression.
if anyone is in it for reasons otherwise they're missing the point, and so are you
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: emanhattan on April 30, 2010 12:34 AM
Quotethe intentions were to rally behind matt & trey, south park and freedom of expression.
hey I agree with that and believe in freedom of speech, I just dont believe most of the people who are going to go ahead and do it will do so without the purpose of offense. Not all islamic people are extremists and not all of them aprove the waves of violence and terror muslims are causing.

and while I do not aprove the actions and threats of the muslim extremists, i simply dont think "expressing freedom" by making a million drawings of muhamed,independently of the intention,changes a thing, in fact I think it just makes the gaps between 2 cultures wider because these guys will still perceive it as an offense yadda yadda yadda

Quoteif anyone is in it for reasons otherwise they're missing the point, and so are you

dont worry, I dont want to participate in this.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on April 30, 2010 03:47 AM
Quote from: chickeni think this facebook idea is gonna be misunderstood by a lot of people who probably will think that its an opportunity to go ahead and intentionally insult and spread the hate towards islam and probably any other religion with it under the name of freedom of speech
They've already done a lot of that and it's really annoying. The person who made the event isn't attending because of it. She birthed something she can't stop.
The event has a photo album on it with shitty "satanhammad" images. :/
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on April 30, 2010 04:51 AM
ugh those people are stupid dicks
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on April 30, 2010 05:25 AM
Quote from: eman
Quotethe intentions were to rally behind matt & trey, south park and freedom of expression.
hey I agree with that and believe in freedom of speech, I just dont believe most of the people who are going to go ahead and do it will do so without the purpose of offense.
probably, but so what? no one's forcing people to look at the drawings.

QuoteNot all islamic people are extremists and not all of them aprove the waves of violence and terror muslims are causing.
i don't think anyone believes that?


Quoteand while I do not aprove the actions and threats of the muslim extremists, i simply dont think "expressing freedom" by making a million drawings of muhamed,independently of the intention,changes a thing, in fact I think it just makes the gaps between 2 cultures wider because these guys will still perceive it as an offense yadda yadda yadda
it's not supposed to "change" anything, it's simply a statement that people won't stand for censorship. it's sort of like the streisand effect.

Quotedont worry, I dont want to participate in this.
didn't say you did
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Wasim on April 30, 2010 08:03 AM
its like this and like that and like this and uhh
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on April 30, 2010 09:23 PM
Quote from: Wasimits like this and like that and like this and uhh
I'm a Buddhist.
Please argue about my religion.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Fuzz on May 1, 2010 12:33 AM
Quote from: rtilit's sort of like the streisand effect.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanpop.com%2Fimages%2Fpolls%2F12192_9_full.jpg&hash=afbb25fc5b18a68d6c870becbdac0ab398a40cdf)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: psi43 on May 1, 2010 01:18 AM
Quote from: Mal
Quote from: rtil
QuoteNot all islamic people are extremists and not all of them aprove the waves of violence and terror muslims are causing.
i don't think anyone believes that?
wait im confused are you saying that everyone secretly believes that all islamic people approve of extremist violence or am i totally misinterpreting this?
because i keep reading this line over and over and i dont quite get it. sorry if im just completely misunderstanding what you're saying. if im not then WHAT

i think he meant "no one is saying that all of them approve terrorism/are terrorists"
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Kött on May 1, 2010 01:19 AM
Quote from: railgunIt's not a day to spite Mohammed, as in, drawing him with dynamite/bombs/having sex with pigs/whatever
What is the point of the whole thing then? Showing that you can depict a holy key figure of a religion you do not believe in with a certain artistic touch and without being insulting?
Keep in mind that the basic thought IS the same: Provocation. Only because additional offense is avoided it doesn't make this less offensive towards people who just seek for an insult against their beliefs to declare jihad against you. In fact this could be an even more delikate provocation becuase of the fake innocence behind the project's thought.
"We don't humiliate your prophet, we only depict him so it's all right and you can't say anything against it or you will only prove how intolerant you are!"

Muslims neither want their god, nor even their prophet to be depicted and you can either show common sense and respect that (as the creators of Southpark did) or tell them how ridiculous you find their religion by joining your local Danish Nationalist Party's youth club's annually Misshape Mohammed drawing session, drawing another pigfuckery, featuring the portrayal of a man, which isn't based on knowledge but on nothing but dumb stereotypes you have heared from your racist parents, friends or teachers.

^Dumb stereotype as well... anyway, respect it or clearly show that you do not do so for everything between will be lookedupon as provoking as any explicit image by those who really care. There actually are some clever drawings which aren't even too offensive and are made by people who know what they are dealing with as we have seen already in this topic but one should always keep in mind that it still is a strong kind of provocation towards some people and one should be careful where and whom to present it.

Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: Wasimits like this and like that and like this and uhh
I'm a Buddhist.
Please argue about my religion.
How is the constant feeling to fear that your next lunch could be your reincarnated grandfather?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: emanhattan on May 1, 2010 01:24 AM
Quote from: railgun
Quote from: Mal
Quote from: rtil
QuoteNot all islamic people are extremists and not all of them aprove the waves of violence and terror muslims are causing.
i don't think anyone believes that?
wait im confused are you saying that everyone secretly believes that all islamic people approve of extremist violence or am i totally misinterpreting this?
because i keep reading this line over and over and i dont quite get it. sorry if im just completely misunderstanding what you're saying. if im not then WHAT


of course not, all Im trying to imply is that this "draw mohammed" thing offends both the extremists and the common islamics wich is what makes me feel uneasy about it all
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: emanhattan on May 1, 2010 01:26 AM
o ok
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 01:28 AM
Quote from: Kott
Quote from: railgunIt's not a day to spite Mohammed, as in, drawing him with dynamite/bombs/having sex with pigs/whatever
What is the point of the whole thing then? Showing that you can depict a holy key figure of a religion you do not believe in with a certain artistic touch and without being insulting?

UGH UGH UGH NO

its to rally behind trey stone and matt parker and show that we shouldnt be afraid of terrorists threats

YOU FUCKING DENSE FAGGOT
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: 99 on May 1, 2010 01:30 AM
Quote from: MrScriblam
Quote from: Kott
Quote from: railgunIt's not a day to spite Mohammed, as in, drawing him with dynamite/bombs/having sex with pigs/whatever
What is the point of the whole thing then? Showing that you can depict a holy key figure of a religion you do not believe in with a certain artistic touch and without being insulting?

UGH UGH UGH NO

its to rally behind trey stone and matt parker and show that we shouldnt be afraid of terrorists threats

YOU FUCKING DENSE FAGGOT

also about freedom of speech
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 02:12 AM
yes that too
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 03:04 AM
Who cares?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: tmk on May 1, 2010 03:50 AM
Quote from: KottHow is the constant feeling to fear that your next lunch could be your reincarnated grandfather?

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm (http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 1, 2010 04:04 AM
Quote from: BamyasiWho cares?
stop being a bad troll
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:13 AM
Someone explain why we should care.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 04:42 AM
because terrorism is bad and network executives are pussies
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:45 AM
Let's debate this.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 04:46 AM
ok
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:47 AM
You start.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: jjjjjjjjjj on May 1, 2010 04:47 AM
checkmate
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 04:48 AM
oh no after you
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:51 AM
Islam was created to make me feel bad for smoking pot all the time.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 04:52 AM
i disagree

i think it was invented to make pretty women feel bad for having beautiful sex all the time
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:53 AM
Then we agree.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 1, 2010 04:54 AM
we have reached a consensus everyone thanks for coming
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 05:03 AM
MrScriblam has proven that he is the more intellectual intellectual and I am unfit to live.



Time to kill myself.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 08:13 AM
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hf.uib.no%2Fi%2Freligion%2Fpopularikonografi%2Fbilder%2F01b.jpg&hash=2c03242ab567dd65e496f42d70fbc751f203d52b)
Why hasn't a jihad been put on this artist? It's so offensive!
Quote from: BamyasiSomeone explain why we should care.
Why wouldn't you?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: psi43 on May 1, 2010 11:18 AM
Quote from: Kott
Quote from: railgunIt's not a day to spite Mohammed, as in, drawing him with dynamite/bombs/having sex with pigs/whatever
What is the point of the whole thing then? Showing that you can depict a holy key figure of a religion you do not believe in with a certain artistic touch and without being insulting?

it would be somewhat understandable if they got upset when we draw things like that, but they also get really fucking mad when we just draw mohammed in a normal way (see what marc posted).

the point if not to piss off muslims, it has never been, not the purpose of the group and not the purpose of that south park episode.

someone i know told me that the qu'ran actually forbids drawing any humans, because god should be the only one who can create things like that. So apparently art that involves any kind of characters is forbidden for strict muslims.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Khawner_ on May 1, 2010 03:32 PM
great mohammed pictures everyone good job
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:36 PM
Quote from: systech
Quote from: BamyasiWho cares?
stop being a bad troll
Opinions on politics won't change anything unless they can be applied, which to my knowledge none of you have the ability to do. Until any of us has the power to change anything, political arguments/conversations are just an annoying way to show off your opinions on various subjects. Sure, some of us may learn to understand different points of view from having a healthy political conversation, but it just seems a little pretentious to me for everyone to have these grand ideals and opinions on things we have no control over, like a religion's effect on censorship. Maybe if enough people join the cause behind one of our ideals, we might be able to make a change in our political structure, but most people seem content to just watch these things happen, so why aren't we? If you want to go out and try to make people care be my guest (It's been tried before) I have a feeling things are going to start changing on their own pretty soon without the help of people. Whether these changes will be positive or negative is relative because I'm a silly relativist. Usually I'm a live and let live kind of person, but I just don't understand why we feel the need to discuss these things. This doesn't really apply to this thread, but more to threads I've witnessed in the past like the Richard Dawkins one. Now that I'm finally able to channel my feelings into words, I've discovered that I'm just trying way too hard to be different and take opinions more seriously than anyone.

Love,
Bamyasi~

/end textwall

Now let's have a debate, I really want to know how our discussions will have an effect on our lives.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 04:43 PM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: systech
Quote from: BamyasiWho cares?
stop being a bad troll
Opinions on politics won't change anything unless they can be applied, which to my knowledge none of you have the ability to do. Until any of us has the power to change anything, political arguments/conversations are just an annoying way to show off your opinions on various subjects. Sure, some of us may learn to understand different points of view from having a healthy political conversation, but it just seems a little pretentious to me for everyone to have these grand ideals and opinions on things we have no control over, like a religion's effect on censorship. Maybe if enough people join the cause behind one of our ideals, we might be able to make a change in our political structure, but most people seem content to just watch these things happen, so why aren't we? If you want to go out and try to make people care be my guest (It's been tried before) I have a feeling things are going to start changing on their own pretty soon without the help of people. Whether these changes will be positive or negative is relative because I'm a silly relativist. Usually I'm a live and let live kind of person, but I just don't understand why we feel the need to discuss these things. This doesn't really apply to this thread, but more to threads I've witnessed in the past like the Richard Dawkins one. Now that I'm finally able to channel my feelings into words, I've discovered that I'm just trying way too hard to be different and take opinions more seriously than anyone.

Love,
Bamyasi~

/end textwall

Now let's have a debate, I really want to know how our discussions will have an effect on our lives.
Bamyasi I'm not a words kind of guy. It was taxing just to read that, and replying to all of it would hurt even more, so I'm just going to tell you why I care.












I'll start off simply.












In case no one's told you this yet,




[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 04:49 PM
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 05:28 PM
I'm just a kid and shouldn't be bothered by these things or even have the right to an opinion on them. My previous textwall is so full of contradictions because I'm very bad at focusing my feelings with words and even worse at defending my opinions, possibly because they are bad/wrong/indefensible, which is why I dislike having them but I can't control my feelings. One could say that I'm trying to apply these ideals to thebackalleys, but I really don't want to change anyone or their opinion, I love you all just the way you are. I apologize for being silly in other debates where it really wasn't my place to speak. My real question is, If we have such strong feelings on matters such as censorship, what are we doing about it? I just haven't heard anyone talk about how they themselves are going to control censorship besides complain about it on the internet.

I shouldn't let these conversations get to me  
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 05:50 PM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
no it isn't?
a group of people is trying to stop others from making something against their beliefs.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 06:46 PM
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
no it isn't?
a group of people is trying to stop others from making something against their beliefs.
It's great that you have an opinion, that's the first step. Now what are you going to do with it? Most people here have strong beliefs, but what are we going to do with them? Opinions that you don't at least try to apply are useless.

I don't know if you were just trying to contradict me by saying censorship's a no-no (Opinion), but I do agree.

Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 1, 2010 06:49 PM
so bammy are you saying you believe censorship is a good thing?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 07:08 PM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
no it isn't?
a group of people is trying to stop others from making something against their beliefs.
It's great that you have an opinion, that's the first step. Now what are you going to do with it? Most people here have strong beliefs, but what are we going to do with them? Opinions that you don't at least try to apply are useless.

I don't know if you were just trying to contradict me by saying censorship's a no-no (Opinion), but I do agree.
it isn't an opinion. stating something that's happened or is happening is fact. I have a negative opinion on it. I'm not trying to make use of my opinions, I'm exercising the rights I believe in by participating in the drawing of Muhammad.

I wasn't trying to contradict you, I was saying that it's an issue to care about.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Khawner_ on May 1, 2010 07:19 PM
Quote from: Khawnergreat mohammed pictures everyone good job
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 1, 2010 07:31 PM
Quote from: systechso bammy are you saying you believe censorship is a good thing?
I don't know if you are kidding or not systech but if you are I deserve it. I probably haven't made myself clear. I don't have an opinion on censorship because I am not in a position to change any policies on it. However, that shouldn't stop any of you from voicing and acting based on your opinions. You all have beautiful ideas and if you believe in yourself, all your wildest dreams will come true, but you have to actually care enough to do something.

Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
no it isn't?
a group of people is trying to stop others from making something against their beliefs.
It's great that you have an opinion, that's the first step. Now what are you going to do with it? Most people here have strong beliefs, but what are we going to do with them? Opinions that you don't at least try to apply are useless.

I don't know if you were just trying to contradict me by saying censorship's a no-no (Opinion), but I do agree.
it isn't an opinion. stating something that's happened or is happening is fact. I have a negative opinion on it. I'm not trying to make use of my opinions, I'm exercising the rights I believe in by participating in the drawing of Muhammad.

I wasn't trying to contradict you, I was saying that it's an issue to care about.
I don't want to argue, but just drawing Muhammad and not actually going out there and trying to stop the rising tides of censorship is silly. I don't like talking about real life, but that's where we have to take action.

I hope Taylor thinks I'm sexy when he reads my posts.


I know this is just a game but now that I'm a livewire I can finally play.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 08:19 PM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcK[size=]CENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO[/size]
The world is now free of censorship.
no it isn't?
a group of people is trying to stop others from making something against their beliefs.
It's great that you have an opinion, that's the first step. Now what are you going to do with it? Most people here have strong beliefs, but what are we going to do with them? Opinions that you don't at least try to apply are useless.

I don't know if you were just trying to contradict me by saying censorship's a no-no (Opinion), but I do agree.
it isn't an opinion. stating something that's happened or is happening is fact. I have a negative opinion on it. I'm not trying to make use of my opinions, I'm exercising the rights I believe in by participating in the drawing of Muhammad.

I wasn't trying to contradict you, I was saying that it's an issue to care about.
I don't want to argue, but just drawing Muhammad and not actually going out there and trying to stop the rising tides of censorship is silly. I don't like talking about real life, but that's where we have to take action.

I hope Taylor thinks I'm sexy when he reads my posts.


I know this is just a game but now that I'm a livewire I can finally play.
What would I do to go out there and try to stop the rising tides of censorship that you earlier said didn't exist?
I think fighting censorship can be done by not being censored. That's the point of censorship bam and that's the point of this event....
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Khawner_ on May 1, 2010 08:27 PM
Quote from: Khawner
Quote from: Khawnergreat mohammed pictures everyone good job
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 1, 2010 08:43 PM
hey khawner did you know draw muhammed day is may 10th and not today?

also bamyasi, why wouldn't you want to have opinions on something simply because you can't change someone else's opinion? If everyone in the world were to reach a consensus on everything, the world we live in would be a much, much, much different place. you must stand up and let your opinions be heard no matter what. speak the truth, even if your voice shakes, etc.















































































































Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: creamcorn on May 1, 2010 08:47 PM
fyi at least one person is being trolled here
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 1, 2010 08:56 PM
probably me
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 1, 2010 09:14 PM
Quote from: systechprobably me
^even if i dont know it

also its the 20th
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 1, 2010 10:15 PM
Quote from: MarcK
Quote from: systechprobably me
^even if i dont know it

also its the 20th
oh yeah you're right

either way it's not today so put a sock in it khawner
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Mew_User on May 2, 2010 04:29 AM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcKCENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO
The world is now free of censorship.
What I meant was that just saying that you disagree with censorship won't free the world of it. I wasn't denying it's existence.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: psi43 on May 2, 2010 10:06 AM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcKCENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO
The world is now free of censorship.
What I meant was that just saying that you disagree with censorship won't free the world of it. I wasn't denying it's existence.

no but you said having an opinion about it doesn't make sense, which is total bullshit
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: MarcK on May 2, 2010 12:15 PM
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: Bamyasi
Quote from: MarcKCENSORSHIP'S A NO-NO
The world is now free of censorship.
What I meant was that just saying that you disagree with censorship won't free the world of it. I wasn't denying it's existence.
oh i get it you were making a joke.

I can have opinions and not use them bamyasi, I'm not an activist. Learn what opinions are.
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Kött on May 20, 2010 07:35 PM
Congrants, we have missed it...
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Everybody_Draw_Mohammed_Day (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Everybody_Draw_Mohammed_Day)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on May 20, 2010 07:50 PM
Quote from: Kottwe have missed it
no, it's today
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: zhicago on May 20, 2010 07:57 PM
it is also 'Explain Magnets to a Juggalo Day'
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/eve...405&index=1 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=122238171121405&index=1)
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: DrRumack on May 20, 2010 10:02 PM
best day?
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: Necronomitr0n on May 20, 2010 10:26 PM
and now to wait for the backlash
Title: everybody draw mohammed day
Post by: rtil on May 20, 2010 10:27 PM
Quote from: zhicagoit is also 'Explain Magnets to a Juggalo Day'
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/eve...405&index=1 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=122238171121405&index=1)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fhphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net%2Fhs527.snc3%2F29981_448422592994_700222994_5825879_4876878_n.jpg&hash=2646dd6495a269aec9e2e536eae80a9f9fa9ffa5)