did these to chill out inbetween writing my final papers, pixel art is really laid back
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc00.deviantart.com%2Ffs44%2Ff%2F2009%2F121%2F5%2F2%2Fpixel_art_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=f9f97173eabbde3ea70cadc31b8ce7c6798c608f)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc00.deviantart.com%2Ffs43%2Ff%2F2009%2F120%2F5%2F2%2Fbrothers_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=1e40acc50317811a6b9012320fc1c2f5d4ebf155)
the sprites arent edits btw, they were built from the ground up
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F020509%2F78325_shit.jpg&hash=fdf35a2c6dee3cee09067e522e1a92e156330eb7)
wow! great picture of an easter egg!!!
ooh. nice job lenko.
my favorites are MEGEMAN and the first one of the guy with a green nose
these are all based on your normal flash drawings amirite?
I dont know I just feel like Ive seen those exact poses before
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F020509%2F79097_crimimna.jpg&hash=f8c9ada01a26296a5121be834a2201bd5319854b)
stolen stolen you stole these from lenkabiscuit...,,.
Quote from: Emanhattanthese are all based on your normal flash drawings amirite?
Yeah, i used em as a reference and 'pixelified' them
the dedede one is probably the most obvious
the second picture you posted, the small full body sprites, arent looking too good in my opinion. it might be because they are so small and your style is rather detailed.
the third to last one is great though.
Quote from: loonthe second picture you posted, the small full body sprites, arent looking too good in my opinion. it might be because they are so small and your style is rather detailed.
the third to last one is great though.
yeah, i was working with limited SNES style proportions on those. that's how most sprites would appear if they were played on an emulator in the default sizem and also how they'd originally be drawn in a studio. here's a blown up version representin something that'd represent something on TV:
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc06.deviantart.com%2Ffs43%2Ff%2F2009%2F120%2F8%2F0%2Fjez_snes_higher_res_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=1b66a78a690fa35209d9657d9a34202befa33bff)
also thanks!
i see.
well if you are limited to that size you should try to draw a little less detailed. like, you can still use details in the shading but all the small black lines and dots might look distracting, especially when animated.
or do you have a limited color palette as well?
Quote from: looni see.
well if you are limited to that size you should try to draw a little less detailed. like, you can still use details in the shading but all the small black lines and dots might look distracting, especially when animated.
or do you have a limited color palette as well?
yeah, i was thinking about that. they're mostly for show at the mo but I might make smaller albeit less detailed versions and see if i can animate them
Good stuff. I never appreciated how tricky doing pixel art was until several years ago.
This kid's a fuckin' genius at it: http://theisland-marty.blogspot.com/ (http://theisland-marty.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: KirbopherGood stuff. I never appreciated how tricky doing pixel art was until several years ago.
This kid's a fuckin' genius at it: http://theisland-marty.blogspot.com/ (http://theisland-marty.blogspot.com/)
Its really addictive once you get into it
i know you already dabbled in it what with TTA using custom sprites but i think a piece with your golden mix characters all in their sprite look would be really cool. once you know the do's and don'ts its really fun!!
i think the reason pixel art is so attractive is because it forces you to limit yourself . despite popular belief, the more limits you put on your work, the more it forces you to be creative
your fursona
my pixel art is smelly
and smells
Quote from: dvvebbbsiuoyour fursona
an anthropormorphic biscuit
okay but I want to see it with a pen*s
how do you pixelate shit anyway?
Draw with the pencil tool I think.
Quote from: Sashurahow do you pixelate shit anyway?
you uh...draw in MSpaint or use the pixeltools plugin or use graphics gale
you dont just take a flash image and run it through a program lmao
oh no i messed up time to erase 1 pixel at a time
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc03.deviantart.com%2Ffs45%2Ff%2F2009%2F123%2F7%2F2%2Fahhh_its_a_monster_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=8c6c2ac28e935d05a327b85c34cbe655700a9dd4)
That is badASS. :P
Quote from: IxintroThat is badASS. :P
No.
This is badASS.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc02.deviantart.com%2Ffs32%2Ff%2F2008%2F195%2Fd%2F6%2Fiso_castle_by_fool.png&hash=ee75fc3e69fb2ed9f2be93d1436af409db957b27)
Holy fuck.
fuck that castle my bone dragon will smash it to pieces
also wip
more fanart sorry guys its what i do when writing boring ass essays
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc04.deviantart.com%2Ffs45%2Ff%2F2009%2F123%2F2%2F4%2Fmother3___pixel_art_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=ce58f27cc23b3fbc5f4bac72d935132823066cb8)
oohoh nice lenka.
please dont hesitate to post a lot of "before and after" images because they are always fun to watch I think.
updated version mm tasty
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffc09.deviantart.com%2Ffs45%2Ff%2F2009%2F124%2F1%2F8%2Fdr_badass_by_lenkobiscuit.png&hash=5677d73cd826433562eae927ab00441a607d6804)
hardcore lizard gunna fuck up y0 shyt
Now that's a cool lizard!
Also, some "before and after" images like Eman said would be great too.
Quote from: lenkabiscaupdated version mm tasty
cute!
these look pretty nice, lenka.
suddenly, paul robertson (http://probertson.livejournal.com/)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F040509%2F57325_1240114911122.gif&hash=dc8428340be3592851125bcc9faa79e477b9516a)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2Fallguys.gif&hash=fcef0c964883a5fe39c84aacec68fe05e1b4e4b9)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F040509%2F57394_1240153771128.gif&hash=b06b51e951058d153d98c9a0efec9c0ee00c137f)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2Fboxing3.gif&hash=dabbb88a51ba747fed24575b49fb4649d8638ba4)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2Fspew2.gif&hash=f60fcd2dba33d5028148e0495d67c895d513b254)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2Fcdpcparty.gif&hash=b624ab41d72a2fe0cf8495975e116213fc6de34d)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2F4horsemen.gif&hash=6057e4058783d7705f6893c353622a922be870d5)
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2Fshiptest1.gif&hash=9cf12d804dc6e1ee603624e4ec26dc382c386a30)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=908674814285543652 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=908674814285543652)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6186177712587600735 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6186177712587600735)
that castle still wins the whole thread.. and you got some nice work there lenka
in summary lenko's work is shit because there a re people with years more experience than him who have madce better material in their career
All hope is lost
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulrobertson.mechafetus.com%2F4horsemen.gif&hash=6057e4058783d7705f6893c353622a922be870d5)
OHGOD
i dunno what lenko thinks but can we like
stop posting random people's pixel art in here
i think this topic was for lenko's stuff
Quote from: rtili dunno what lenko thinks but can we like
stop posting random people's pixel art in here
i think this topic was for lenko's stuff
yeah I realized that as soon as I posted, if he minds I will gladly remove my post
actually this was meant to be a general pixel art thread so anything goes!!!
but i was hoping for peoples own stuff if you get what i mean instead of paul robertson (who is fucking ace i agree)
Some shit I did over the years for school projects.
[attachment=2873:enemy2.gif]
[attachment=2874:pb1.gif]
and that's basically all i have on this computer.
another work in progess, the sword and shield are just placeholders at the mo
Update: now with no arms!! dunno whether to give him a cape or not
I forgot I had this stuf!
some things I made on a 12-hour drive
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F040509%2F73988_artinminiature2.jpg&hash=3b1f3ee1055971ca5603e7b18581e7264e5a2342)
some fonts
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fspamtheweb.com%2Ful%2Fupload%2F040509%2F74147_fonts.png&hash=4dc57bda58a3c53cce4c8bc155fdf3e8bc9bb460)
I'm planning to finish some of those up and make them into real fonts someday.
that alien hominid is fuckin awesome
last build for tonight, he looks pretty cool without arms so i'll just give him rayman attributes!!
might add a cape and some more shit later.
Quote from: anselI forgot I had this stuf!
some things I made on a 12-hour drive
How in the hell do you draw that kind of shit while being in a car?
I remember making a sig pic and it was so annoying because the car kept shaking.
Quote from: Rob HalfordQuote from: anselI forgot I had this stuf!
some things I made on a 12-hour drive
How in the hell do you draw that kind of shit while being in a car?
it's pixel art, man. zoom in to 800/1600% and shaking doesn't matter
I want you to do a Pixel art of Jim Carey as Ace Ventura.