Wasim just linked me this new flash by ego, which came out today:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484273 (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484273)
I actually thought it was funny the way its mocking the concept of anime, surprisingly. Only for a short while. The start maybe, then it got lame.
see the animation in a few scenes of the intro was great. if that was consistent it wouldve been fantastic, but then it seemed to get lazy
ok i dont know much of animes and the way ego was trying to parody their style but the lip syncing was half assed and there were just random cuts to faces. AGAIN i dont watch animes so dont quote me on that if it was intended
as for the story i chuckled a few times when they were making fun of stupidly long japanese words
i thought it was pretty good it just started annoying the crap outta me by the time they got to the old guy
didnt laugh im sorry
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2Fe%2Fe9%2FSad_face.svg%2F603px-Sad_face.svg.png&hash=4b8344a288921c61993af85358f6e9026435dd15)
It was okay but it didn't make me laugh. Only giggle.
wow
now I agree with everyone else I didn't laugh a single time, I didn't even smile. But it was still fucking hilarious in my opinion.
I think the point specifically was that certain "mistakes" in the animation was kept as a throwback to how rushed the production of an anime episode can be sometimes. The best stuff like this comes from people who actually have an appreciate for the stuff they're spoofing, and it shows. Loved it, can't wait for more.
hey his movie didnt even need to load and it was 5.7mb and it didnt lag after playing!
normally when i skip loading and the swf is that big it lags a bit but this one didnt
how does he do that?
i thought it was pretty cool.\
this would've been funny 7 years ago
Well i wasnt laughing either, im not saying it was straight out hilarious. But the way he imitated typical anime and the silly intro got to me. Made me smirk, believe it or not. I couldnt further care less about the jokes.
Quote from: rtilthis would've been funny 7 years ago
This was actually funny to people 7 years ago.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/68969 (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/68969)
well that's kind of my point
i guess i've just seen too many anime parodies. "oh yes that cliche", "yeah they do that a lot".. i get it.
I didnt mind it, it wasnt like amazing, but i had a giggle here and there, i havent watched anime in years so i dont know what they are like these days, but thats how i remember em being.
had a score of 3.98 I think it's the first time one of his movies passed with a score below 4.
Quotehad a score of 3.98 I think it's the first time one of his movies passed with a score below 4.
Thats what happens when you don't have a familiar brand to carry you.
Quote from: Beliefhad a score of 3.98 I think it's the first time one of his movies passed with a score below 4.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/477989 (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/477989)
It's sad. I actually faved that.
i think it would have been funnier if it weren't so long. i liked the beginning, but it got old after the first 2 minutes :/
none of his actual jokes were ha-ha to me except when the two guys are running, but the animation itself is pretty funny
i thought the character designs were funny too
some of the lines have good timing and some are kinda funny
most of them aren't and the voice acting is pretty bad
I didn't like it but it's definitely better than his last few submissions
I saw the opening and thought, "Holy shit, is ego actually going to put effort into the art?"
Then it started and it turned out to be his typical style... which makes no sense since he reused the same graphics several times throughout the entire run of the Flash. Why not take a few moments to clean up the art since shortcuts are already being taken?
Quote from: KirbopherThe best stuff like this comes from people who actually have an appreciate for the stuff they're spoofing, and it shows. Loved it, can't wait for more.
i couldnt disagree with you more
it always becomes worse when it gets more bogged down with inside jokes
"have an appreciate for" lmfao
Quote from: J_Seeddidnt laugh im sorry
Well it interested me cause its the first time I saw soethin by him that wasnt "awesome"
But maybe its just his kinda comedy brew I dont like.
You guys are destroying my sense of humor!
You're making me feel bad for laughing at it.
I liked it, I agree it was worth a smile but not a forced laugh. I think it was pretty much making fun of shit like what I make.
I would've honestly voted it higher if he JUST submitted the opening animation with the theme song, that was the highlight of the whole thing.
HAHAHAHAHA.
"surprisingly bad, unfortunately"
by: b-29er
date: 12 hours ago
this wasn't a good idea for a flash. you've taken a video that either doesnt exhist or exhists in some random nerd's copied video closet and made a parody of it. the animation was ok, but there was no storyline, or no egoraptor-esque comedy. top that, the voice sounded like some extremely ill or high colege student. then, you made it so long that any comedy aspect or value in watching was lost. who the heck are these people, and why, why are their ~7 guys randomely popping up in full body paint?!?
you said it best yourself-
"Deep in the cockles of some lonely thrift store lies a classic gem so horrible only the few great collectors have ever laid eyes on it."
here's where you could improove
1. parody something more main-stream. i mean this is too rare of a movie to parody. i havent seen it-ever. it would have been better if you either did something completely original with your own charachters, scenes, and influences.
2. the voice syncing was HORRIBLE!!! you're a flash ARTIST!!! not AverageNewgrounder or some spam artist. you should be doing this well.
3. the main charachters should not look like they came out of a chinese "karaoke" club. i mean, honestly, this is a new low when a charachter looks like a hooker. there, i said it, hooker.
4. kill the redundancies. i could only STAND to watch this for 3 minutes, and i would not be surprised if half or the text contained an abnormally idiotic name for a person or mountain like shinkenbatsuhatsu...WHY AM I GETTING SO FAR OFF TOPIC! (sigh). also the stupid references to brothers or sons or whatever. not funny.
5. everything was random. so completely random. a storyline would be nice
6. the voice acting was horrible. some exerpts may help
"uuh"
"uauuh"
"uuuauah"
it sounded like you took one take for some reason on voice acting. BIG no-no when the acting kinda sucks i mean, i would have given you at least a 6 if there was some crappy piano music and pop-up subtitles like some old-time silent movie, but the audio sucked.
i honestly dont know why this is being rated so high, maybe people see the name and say "egoraptor=10 and 5 review and score". but really, this needs to be fixed.
12 hours ago
Author's Response:
Wow
lmao
Wow
Quote from: Mr. McCraigyou're a flash ARTIST!!! not AverageNewgrounder or some spam artist. you should be doing this well.
aheheheh
b29er has been sending angry pms to that account for a while
I'm not going to watch it
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fuimg.ngfiles.com%2Fprofile%2F54%2F54777.jpg&hash=cb10428566ce6f5bdf2657d46689b111e1bc9df8)
b-29er is a wonderful person btw, makes me miss topdog2007
Quote from: CoolDrMoneyWell it interested me cause its the first time I saw soethin by him that wasnt "awesome"
ill give him credit there
Quote from: CoolDrMoneyBut maybe its just his kinda comedy brew I dont like.
yeah i know, his style of writing and editing.... it just makes me cringe. ill admit the first two minutes of this were ok, but were not satirical enough to be laugh out loud. then it went back to ego's old boring spiel
also cornmander we arent destroying your sense of humor, we're refining it!
Quote from: f0dalso cornmander we arent destroying your sense of humor, we're refining it!
What if I don't want a refined sense of humor!
I want to be able to laugh at anything.
averagenewgrounder gettin rowdy !
too bad. the same shit over and over gets old, its bound to happen no matter what you do
there was a time when i could laugh at anything but life experience and age will eventually change that. you'll become a cynical bastard when you're our age whether you like it or not
wait a minute you're actually 15 right please tell me you're not 11, it would be kian all over again
Quote from: f0dtoo bad. the same shit over and over gets old, its bound to happen no matter what you do
there was a time when i could laugh at anything but life experience and age will eventually change that. you'll become a cynical bastard when you're our age whether you like it or not
wait a minute you're actually 15 right please tell me you're not 11, it would be kian all over again
No I'm not 15. I'm 14.
Also,
"When you're our age..." How old are you?
E-age
we are dead inside
Quote from: CornmanderNo I'm not 15. I'm 14.
Also,
"When you're our age..." How old are you?
20
utah loves those big muscly men doesnt he
in fact does he ever draw anything else?
anyways i watched it and laughed but it REALLLLLY dragged on for the last few minutes. i think ego should have aped more things other than dialogue and plot points, cos the joke kinda got old after a while.
I'm guessing I'm the only one who skipped the intro cause it was so horrible to listen to. I agree the first 2 minutes were good then it got too painful to watch, he should've cut the running time down to 2 minutes and pack all decent jokes into that time frame. Anyways, can anybody tell me what was so good about the opening?
Quote from: ChippyI'm guessing I'm the only one who skipped the intro cause it was so horrible to listen to. I agree the first 2 minutes were good then it got too painful to watch, he should've cut the running time down to 2 minutes and pack all decent jokes into that time frame. Anyways, can anybody tell me what was so good about the opening?
animation was solid
if that animation was solid i don't ever wanna inbetween anything again
solid by general newgrouns standards
aka youd look at it and go hey that wasnt half bad
yeah it was pretty good [size=]for the internet[/size] i guess
well it was made for the internet so I guess it was pretty good
or something
I'm still not going to watch it
Quote from: HarryTheHeadI'm still not going to watch it
dont, no need
I'd still rather be watching something well-done. Even if its supposed to be satirical.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ftelegraph%2Fmultimedia%2Farchive%2F00437%2Fnews-graphics-2008-_437293a.jpg&hash=3c38578c9517dba42e1ef7a4068ea3daa638ef7c)
The character composition was awful. The jokes were like being inside a paper bag.
The animation, however, was almost as solid as J_Solidseed when hes playing brawl as Solid Snake. And that's pretty solid.