These are a few of my sketches and doodles that I've done in the past.
Some are decent. Some are funny. But all of them are just sketches, there's nothing I've really taken from them and made into anything better, 'cept maybe a few. Tell me if you like any and suggest if I should take some of them and make them better.
Most of my sketches are of animals, so the anatomy will vary greatly.
And the doodles are usually just 10-second drawings that I make when I'm bored...
I -would- use attachments, but I just like links better because they don't take up much space and I can comment about the picture right after the link.
Sketches
Orca Skull: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo...toceteskull.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Sketches/odontoceteskull.jpg)
Pantropical Spotted Dolphin: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo.../Panspotted.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Sketches/Panspotted.jpg)
My little doodle-self is saying that because I was talking to a friend about my loss of inspiration and she cheered me up about it.
Commerson's Dolphin & Striped Dolphin: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo...hinsketches.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Sketches/phinsketches.jpg)
I always liked looking at that striped dolphin sketch because of how I was shading it's pattern and I all of a sudden forgot what the fluke pattern looked like, so it's just unfinished and I left it that way.
Practice sketches of various animals: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo...es/practice.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Sketches/practice.jpg)
Doodles
Doodles 1: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_2_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
This is actually the second doodle page that I ever did. I did these a lot in biology since our class was basically done with the book and we just fooled around.
Doodles 2: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_7_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
June 6th, 2006 that's why I drew all the pentacles and stuff... and I was about to go watch The Omen when I got out of school.
Doodles 3: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_10_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
EXTEREMELY quick doodles. My friend and I were having a doodle-off... thing...
Doodles 4: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_12_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
Doodles 5: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_13_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
Doodles 6: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo..._Paleo_Orca.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/Crappy_Doodles_14_by_Paleo_Orca.jpg)
First crappy fanart of one of rtil's creations, woo!
Doodles 7: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo...edoodlessir.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paleo_orca/Doodles/moredoodlessir.jpg)
Hope you all enjoy! ;D
hhaha, Anorexia Man! nice.
this is all very interesting, i have never seen sea life art before believe it or not. fish every once and a while, but nothing else. so it's refreshing to see.
some suggestions. work on line variation and avoid chicken scratch at all costs. so make longer, bolder strokes, and use thick lines to show volume, thin ones for detail. dont' use the same width of stroke for everything, it flattens out your characters.
Quote from: rtilhhaha, Anorexia Man! nice.
this is all very interesting, i have never seen sea life art before believe it or not. fish every once and a while, but nothing else. so it's refreshing to see.
some suggestions. work on line variation and avoid chicken scratch at all costs. so make longer, bolder strokes, and use thick lines to show volume, thin ones for detail. dont' use the same width of stroke for everything, it flattens out your characters.
Really? You haven't?
Well I guess you can look forward to some more stuff like that from me ;P
And thanks for the advice!