thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: CoolDrMoney on February 24, 2007 06:41 PM

Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: CoolDrMoney on February 24, 2007 06:41 PM
Right now! Also In my game design class.e're makin our first game and they chose me to be the concept artist. It's a Zombie game and they wanted me to make a genric cop badass to be the main character. This is what I came up with

(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg253.imageshack.us%2Fimg253%2F5757%2Fpicture002pr8.jpg&hash=de11e4744e56692b20a861eb0ab26dfdda1c41c2)

He's not supposed to be porpotioned, so that aside I'd like some feedback for the character design. And Id also like to know some photoshop jazz for future character development. Or actually some other program thats free would be nice too.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: dilly on February 24, 2007 06:48 PM
Good concept over all, but it looks like one shoulder is longer than the other, making it look like he has baby elephant syndrome, but that's understandable.

Aside from that, there should maybe be a ring between the handcuffs on the pants, because right now, they look like they're connected to his pants.

I like it how you did the folds, especially on the pants and boots.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: Dagolith on February 24, 2007 06:51 PM
that is the best name ever!
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: CoolDrMoney on February 24, 2007 07:00 PM
He does have baby elephant syndrome...it was ALL part of the design I swear...

Yea I saw the shoulder thing and I just didnt feel like re-sketchin everything for something I didn't think would effect the overall design, but after I saw it finished...I was like "That shoulder is gonna be a problem." Im sure my classmates wont care much.

And the handcuff thing...Fuck you Im lazy >:C
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: dilly on February 24, 2007 07:15 PM
Sheesh, ok ok. Just telling you! No need to get all Paris Hilton on me.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: rtil on February 24, 2007 07:34 PM
character works, you can fix those design issues in photoshop. if you want to use photoshop, you'll take this drawing, bring it in on a new layer, set the alpha (opacity) to about 50%. make a new layer on top of the sketch, set a brush size for your outlines, and outline the silhouette of the character. if the silhouette looks off , adjust it (such as the arm that may be a little too far out.  then use a smaller brush for the details. now make a layer underneath that, fill it with a base background color, then a layer on top of that and begin coloring . your outlines are above this layer, so, you're not coloring over your outlines.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: Eruanne on February 24, 2007 07:37 PM
Quote from: dillybarSheesh, ok ok. Just telling you! No need to get all Paris Hilton on me.

*munches popcorn*

Nice character drawing. I like it. Other than what's already been said, I have nothing to add, really.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: CoolDrMoney on February 24, 2007 08:00 PM
Wooo damn! Thanks Rtil! Only guy who addressed the topic...now all I need is photoshop...X_X
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: rtil on February 24, 2007 08:07 PM
torrent
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: dilly on February 24, 2007 09:13 PM
Sir "I'd like some feedback for the character design", I did address the topic in the way you asked about feedback ...

Anyway, if you go to adobe's websight, you can get like, a free trial mode of photoshop if you wanted to get it done right away.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: CoolDrMoney on February 25, 2007 03:42 AM
QuoteSir "I'd like some feedback for the character design", I did address the topic in the way you asked about feedback ...

Anyway, if you go to adobe's websight, you can get like, a free trial mode of photoshop if you wanted to get it done right away.

Yea well...that was more of a sub-topic >.>

I get the feeling this Dillybar guy hates me : /
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: dilly on February 25, 2007 04:36 AM
*nosebleed* I do not have a penis!

And I don't hate you. I just met you...

But I do agree with rtil and athing with the torrent.
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: Dagolith on February 25, 2007 05:18 AM
whoorrraaaa! for torrents
Title: Hey! Someone teach me how to use photoshop to edit scanned work!
Post by: 2poc on March 30, 2007 04:00 AM
woahhh that is like  those gijo dudes