thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: YungJazz on August 2, 2008 01:17 AM

Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 2, 2008 01:17 AM
I had put it of forever because I hate requests, but I never told Grinace when he asked me so that was kinda unfair, plus he's one of the only ppl here who likes my stuff so I drew him. Enj0i

Time: 20 minutes
New Skills Learned: Drawing Puerto Ricans, 1/3 of my friends are, I should be able to lol

(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg377.imageshack.us%2Fimg377%2F453%2Fgrinacedq5.jpg&hash=64da999a4415a01ac75c2a72013cb029866c8642)
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: GRINACE on August 2, 2008 01:43 AM
Hey thanx Jazz! I really like it. One thing that you forgot though, The arrow on his face lol!
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 2, 2008 01:44 AM
Nuh-uh, it's on there, it may be on the wrong cheek tho lol
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: GRINACE on August 2, 2008 01:49 AM
Lol oh I see it lol yeah wrong cheek but I still like.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: MRat on August 2, 2008 02:13 AM
It's the best thing you've drawn. I love the muted colours.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: GRINACE on August 2, 2008 02:25 AM
Muted colors? Never heard of that.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: mishkamash on August 2, 2008 02:27 AM
yeah it looks really good
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 2, 2008 02:36 AM
Thanks  
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: MRat on August 2, 2008 02:37 AM
Quote from: GRINACEMuted colors? Never heard of that.


Really?


It means washed out. De-saturated.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: GRINACE on August 2, 2008 02:49 AM
Oh. I think Ive been using Muted colors lately. I didnt know it was called that though. Thanks.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: Crabarms on August 2, 2008 03:24 AM
Very nice.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: anigen on August 2, 2008 05:00 AM
yeah i agree with mrat. i love the muted colors
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: Fuzz on August 2, 2008 08:40 AM
Wow that is great!
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 4, 2008 03:54 AM
Thanks, and yup I'm starting to see now how huge of an impact color has in certain situations.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: rtil on August 4, 2008 04:13 AM
color always has a huge impact
now why can't you make all your cartoons look like this quality. i know it would take longer but it would make a huge difference
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: Fuzz on August 4, 2008 04:15 AM
No doubt.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 4, 2008 04:19 AM
Quote from: rtilcolor always has a huge impact
now why can't you make all your cartoons look like this quality. i know it would take longer but it would make a huge difference

I may just for DS-V. I haven't started yet, but it crossed my mind. I'm just lazy, so after spending 20 minutes drawing a frame that looks like this, I might not feel like actually animating it. I guess I'll have to get over that if I ever want to make cartoons that actually stand out.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: rtil on August 4, 2008 04:20 AM
well, the more you do it the more efficient you'll become.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: YungJazz on August 4, 2008 04:24 AM
I'll think about it. I have issues breaking animestyle anyway, so I may just be making a bigger deal about drawing frames like that than is really warranted. Just trying to find balance is all.
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: sQueef on August 4, 2008 05:46 AM
just make sure you do the rough animation first and make sure the motion is fluid
dont just go into it doing every frame like this
and get really rigid and disconnected movements
Title: Jazz Farts Out A Grinace
Post by: MRat on August 4, 2008 06:49 AM
Quote from: Squeefjust make sure you do the rough animation first and make sure the motion is fluid
dont just go into it doing every frame like this
and get really rigid and disconnected movements


this except every now and them going right ahead yields neat results