thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: Shida on February 14, 2007 04:44 PM

Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 04:44 PM
My latest digital drawing (still WIP though):
[attachment=33:attachment]

My latest digital doodle:
[attachment=31:attachment]

My latest batch of pencil doodles:
[attachment=34:attachment]

My latest inked drawing:
[attachment=32:attachment]

Argh!
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 05:22 PM
alright, those are really cool
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 05:22 PM
Quote from: Dagolithcough* none of those work, and if you want to put images you can upload them

I know. I know. I just realised with the not-workingness.
Give me a couple of minutes while I kill photobucket =D
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 14, 2007 05:29 PM
if you're getting the IPB image just go ahead and upload them.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 05:31 PM
Quote from: rtilif you're getting the IPB image just go ahead and upload them.
hey ah, why can't i use an dinamic url for the "insert and image"? and if you look up it's asking you to download it, what's up with that?
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 14, 2007 05:47 PM
it's asking you to download it because it's a bitmap.

and you can use the IMG tag, although lately for reasons that escape me it has been dysfunctional.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 05:53 PM
Quote from: rtilif you're getting the IPB image just go ahead and upload them.

Ah, its ok. Photobucket and repeated edits messed up the URLs big-time.
Ended up uploading them here D:
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 05:58 PM
thats what it's here for  
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 06:00 PM
Oh, and some avatar work >>;
[attachment=35:attachment][attachment=36:attachment][attachment=37:attachment][attachment=40:attachment]
[attachment=39:attachment][attachment=41:attachment]
[attachment=38:attachment]
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 14, 2007 06:39 PM
great sketches. i've seen those avatars around, too. always wondered who made them (the ones with mostly color shapes), because they all looked like they were by the same person. cool
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 06:43 PM
Aw, your style is so cute! I love it!

I think I'm going to be your friend on sheezy when it come back up
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 14, 2007 06:44 PM
Yeah um, what the hell is going on with sheezy anyway? Never seen that error before.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 06:49 PM
I dunno. I went on there this morning and was like "what the hell is a Memcached?"

It happens a lot with sheezy though, it seems. When I first became a member there, that whole 500 error was about...
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 06:59 PM
Quote from: rtilgreat sketches. i've seen those avatars around, too. always wondered who made them (the ones with mostly color shapes), because they all looked like they were by the same person. cool
Haha, thanks. >> I was supposed to do more of some people, but I got a little tired of making them

Quote from: dillybarAw, your style is so cute! I love it!

I think I'm going to be your friend on sheezy when it come back up
Thanks, and haha, k  

Ah, I didn't know it was a Memcache error. Firefox only tells me that it can't find the server.
Memcache is some kinda thing used to speed up a database-driven site, it just stores database data in the server memory so not as much info has to be called upon (like a browser and its cache), so if it fails, the entire database must go down, and since Sheezy doesn't have too many servers, a pretty big chunk of the site has probably gone down.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 08:16 PM
why doesn't anyone go to Deviant art  
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 08:28 PM
I don't like deviantART that much. It feels oh so cold on there =(
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 08:50 PM
Quote from: ShidaI don't like deviantART that much. It feels oh so cold on there =(
really?, i got like three people welcoming me in the first 15 minutes. i don't know why though.  
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 14, 2007 08:53 PM
It's really hard to get started on deviantart. you have to know people, the community is just way too big to get involved in.

Quote from: Dagolith
Quote from: Shida
I don't like deviantART that much. It feels oh so cold on there =(
really?, i got like three people welcoming me in the first 15 minutes. i don't know why though.  
it's the deviantart "community supporter" people, they look at the newly registered users coming in and put welcome messages on their pages. they mostly do it in hopes you'll visit their page and end up watching them.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 08:55 PM
i watch no one, NO ONE!!!
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 09:53 PM
plus, on sheezy, it's not like there is one or two artest that eveyone is watching and is favoriting their pictures.

I still use my deviant account though, just in case
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 09:57 PM
Quote from: dillybarplus, on sheezy, it's not like there is one or two artest that eveyone is watching and is favoriting their pictures.

I still use my deviant account though, just in case

Haha. Same here. I go on devART at least one a week to check, and I only really put my most serious work up on there.

The only other reason I'd be on devART is for the chatrooms. I prefer dA's chatrooms to Sheezy's.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 10:00 PM
that and the search bar works...

Poor Sheezy search bar has AIDs...
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 10:02 PM
Haha, yeah. Poor Sheezy searchbar.

Although with alot of devART's content...I tend to shy away from the search bar.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 10:07 PM
mmm agreed

you'll see like a really good picture, then you see a crappy picture, then a nude one, then you'll see on that doesn't even show
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 14, 2007 10:10 PM
Don't forget the one that totally destroys your childhood because the artist purposely mis-labelled it to get more pageviews
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 14, 2007 10:12 PM
oh yeah, that too

And i don't know how many times I've seen stupid sonic fan characters...
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 14, 2007 10:27 PM
well, i tend to jump from profile to profile based on what kind of art the like, and the art under the favorets, that seems to keep me out'a trouble.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 15, 2007 06:34 PM
why did you even post then? why don't you get your crappy band together and write a song about how you don't like her art.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 15, 2007 06:53 PM
I'd laugh if he did that
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 15, 2007 10:19 PM
yes! thats right tay-tay, all i live for is to come up with new and exciting ways to make fun of you, iI'm planning on starting a company "Taylor sucks at everything he does inc." i think it has a sort of ring to it. Thank god it's so easy to make fun of you, otherwise I might go out of business. but that'll never happen.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 15, 2007 11:15 PM
uh guys please stop ok thanks

ps taylors band rulez
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 16, 2007 02:25 AM
Quote from: rtiluh guys please stop ok thanks

ps taylors band rulez
are you high? lights on the highway?
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 16, 2007 05:30 AM
on that note you should hear my friends song from his one man "made for crap" band, "wet noodle beating" you'll never want to hear anything again.

a bass, a guitar, and a drum machine, all recored at different times, but played back on his computer, along with stupid lyrics. some of which are play backwards thoughout the song... for fun.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 16, 2007 09:55 AM
i do listen to what most people would not even for a moment consider to be music, aka melt-banana, boredoms and mr. bungle. but anyway, be nice fellas
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 16, 2007 09:12 PM
Quote from: rtili do listen to what most people would not even for a moment consider to be music, aka melt-banana, boredoms and mr. bungle. but anyway, be nice fellas
i love mr.bungle, but how is that not music, melt banana isn't really though, i think there best album is bowel of chilly. i love desert search for techno alla, so good.

Quote from: athinghttp://media.putfile.com/Clean-Your-Room (http://media.putfile.com/Clean-Your-Room)

This "song" is called "Clean Your Room"

it doesnt even have any music in it but I think its funny

:/

how was that a song, that was just you saying "clean your room", provided there was some half rhythmic clapping in the background.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 16, 2007 10:47 PM
Quote from: Dagolithi love mr.bungle, but how is that not music, melt banana isn't really though, i think there best album is bowel of chilly. i love desert search for techno alla, so good.
a lot of people find his earlier works (i'm talking pre-california) to be a lot more disjointed.

melt-banana is what some would call 'noise rock', although the band disagrees. anyhow, it is music. that's what bands make.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 17, 2007 12:34 AM
i hate the album California, it's so boring, to me that is.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 17, 2007 01:19 AM
i thought it was great, but i like pretty much anything patton is involved in. my least favorite project of his, though, is probably pranzo oltranzista. but i think he wanted people to hate that.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 17, 2007 10:52 AM
ya that's for sure, but i just love all of his early work, (bowl of chilly) because i love the way it makes no sence, "fart in a bag" so good. but your right, California had it's high points too, Golem II: The Bionic Vapour Boy for sure, and The Air-Conditioned Nightmare, the others were mostly good also, but just not like bowl of chilly.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 17, 2007 05:33 PM
yeah. it's amazing how much a bands' sound changes when they get their hands on high budget studio equipment.

shida's artwork to grindcore and mr bungle .. very interesting turn of events.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 17, 2007 10:47 PM
true, but there have been more drastic topic changes before, THATS for sure.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Zwickel on February 18, 2007 08:23 AM
Nice stuff!
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 18, 2007 11:32 AM
I'll turn the subject back to my work with a failed photoshop doodle I did late last night.  

[attachment=42:attachment]

I kinda like it myself, but Photoshop brushes really annoy me at times (especially at 2-3am).
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 18, 2007 06:39 PM
Quote from: athingI actually kinda like it, ecven though I dont like anime

:/

I wouldn't say myself that my style is anime. It's influenced (heavily) by it, but I am trying my hardest to break away from it while retaining a style that I find fun to draw.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 18, 2007 07:38 PM
Quote from: Shida
Quote from: athing
I actually kinda like it, ecven though I dont like anime

:/

I wouldn't say myself that my style is anime. It's influenced (heavily) by it, but I am trying my hardest to break away from it while retaining a style that I find fun to draw.

you can do it  when i started out drawing, that's all i drew. Anime characters with cat ears on their heads (no joke)

I don't know how many homework papers I turned it with a sketch like that on the back of it
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 18, 2007 11:58 PM
i really like that one, i kinda like the sketchiness of it, it gives it more character.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 19, 2007 09:38 AM
Ah yeah, I'm refusing to do neat and clean lines, because I can't do them, and I'm impatient, also, I like the look of sketched line art (but not overkilled, like in Super Mario Strikers/Mario Smash Football)
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on February 19, 2007 10:02 AM
ya, i like the sketchy thing, it give a generally plain image, more detail. like, the hair
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on February 19, 2007 02:29 PM
That and it fits well with your style
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 22, 2007 10:12 AM
Last doodle before I'm off for a couple of days...
[attachment=51:attachment]

I know I need to work on my hands. Hands are evil >.<
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: TehCappy on February 22, 2007 04:03 PM
I definatly dig your stuff. Especially the pictures at the beginning of the post. And I agree hands are evil, it is still hit and miss for me.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 22, 2007 04:39 PM
simplistic style that still tells me a lot about the character and pose. heh, sometimes i still draw hands as animorphous blobs and then call them fists, but i'm trying to nail the mechanics of it down. my hands are heavily stylized, though, almost like the ones you'd see in a craig mccraken or tartakovsky cartoon, but still bendable to a realistic point.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on February 22, 2007 10:35 PM
[[Sneaking on...]]

Quote from: TehCappyI definatly dig your stuff. Especially the pictures at the beginning of the post. And I agree hands are evil, it is still hit and miss for me.
Ah, thank you!


Quote from: rtilsimplistic style that still tells me a lot about the character and pose. heh, sometimes i still draw hands as animorphous blobs and then call them fists, but i'm trying to nail the mechanics of it down. my hands are heavily stylized, though, almost like the ones you'd see in a craig mccraken or tartakovsky cartoon, but still bendable to a realistic point.
What gets me alot with hands is mainly side and angled views. It's probably something to do with the way I draw wrists so that the hands end up looking really really chunky/unhand-like.
I sometimes draw hands as paddles though, a trademark of my pre-GCSE Art teacher's teachings. I still kinda use it, just to get the proportion of palm length to finger length right.

Quote from: athinghands are simple

SIMPLE
They are until you start drawing them doing stuff...then it's all angles and many failings.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on February 22, 2007 11:48 PM
Quote from: athinghands are simple

SIMPLE
i'm not sure where you gather, even the classical artists would tend to hide hands behind backs and such because they feared screwing them up in their paintings and wouldn't want to have to go through with the workings of the hands.

simplified hands essentially, well,  simple at their core. but hands say a lot about what a character is expressing, so if you screw up it can confuse your viewer.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: 2poc on March 30, 2007 04:07 AM
like the pics
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on March 31, 2007 02:29 AM
Quote from: dillybarThat and it fits well with your style
style? what style? who's style? my style? i have a style?
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: dilly on March 31, 2007 03:06 AM
Quote from: Dagolith
Quote from: dillybar
That and it fits well with your style
style? what style? who's style? my style? i have a style?

sorry to crush your dreams, but i was talking about shida's style XD
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Dagolith on March 31, 2007 05:11 AM
bwahahaha! why does everyone have to build me up and knock me down?
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on March 31, 2007 07:13 AM
Poor Dago...
Poor me...I haven't been able to actually draw something for a while now.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: Shida on April 7, 2007 12:17 PM
Disregard that last post!
I have a wip that I'd like a little feedback on before finish it...
[attachment=89:attachment]

There's something kinda nifty, I think, about colouring in a pencil sketch :X
I can't quite place my finger on it though.
Title: My wooorrrk
Post by: rtil on April 7, 2007 04:58 PM
Quote[attachment=89:attachment]

i think the niftiness is the appeal of roughness that is always there. don't lose the life of it when you clean it up! make long , quick strokes. no short short ones. it'll kill it.  my only suggestion is the shine on the hair, to make it go from white to the lighter color of the hair, like a subtle gradient as it goes from left to right. you did it on one of the highlights on the purple hair, i think it looks really good and adds volume to the hair.