Huh?
A sleepy green booger
YES! That was exactly what I was going for! Great job!
Quick animation for a friend.
Oh and to give credit where credit is due....
Music- Elevator music by Khuskan from th NG audio portal
Everything else was me.
that was creepy as hell
lmfao! Marry me Fuzz!
magical
Quote from: FuzzHuh?
lmfao that drawing reminds me of the guy from ATHF
Quote from: ΨNicoleQuote from: FuzzHuh?
lmfao that drawing reminds me of the guy from ATHF
He's not quite as square as Err. But I can see that.
Here's a guy. I shaded him... but I really don't know how to shade and it didn't look right so I took it off.
Quote from: FuzzHere's a guy. I shaded him... but I really don't know how to shade and it didn't look right so I took it off.
I like his nose, but I think his mouth should be further over to the left.
Oh yeah baby!
???
[attachment=1548:post_609...10266531.jpg]
HAH! wrong thread!
lmfao oh god!
project freetown episode XXX
Some random fbf stuff
hmm.. i'm not even gonna comment on the stick, but the anvil's timing is way off, it would fall a lot faster.
Heh... yeah. I did it in five minutes between classes. I figured I should start out with something simple for fbf animation.
Oh and a sketch of me using a mouse... I really wish I could spend more time on the things I do, but for some reason I just can't seem to stick to it and make it exactly how I want it.
It's the chief!
Quote from: FuzzIt's the chief!
Why use a green outline...?
Quote from: ThePrototypeQuote from: FuzzIt's the chief!
Why use a green outline...?
Why not?
^ Exactly! I believe that it adds to the uniqueness of the picture!
This is an unfinished Hal.
Happy Man I made using a mouse. How did I do on the shading?
tbh your drawings are pretty bad
I have to agree with sinister. When I saw your avatar I actually thought you were decent but your lines are wobbly like shit.
several reason for both of your comments: 1. I use a mouse cause I can't afford to buy a tablet. 2. I use flash to do most of my drawing in. I did my avatar in photoshop. 3. I happen to like those wobbly curvy lines.
Using a mouse only allows for certain limitations. And the kind of drawings you have presented us with wouldnt look all that much better if you had a tablet probably
TBH!
Yeah just TBH... maybe I should just stick with photo shop then?
edit: O and here. just in case you didn't see it in the anipedia section...
i use a mouse for all my drawings and i actually have no mousepad which makes it harder to draw
i still admit to having no drawing talent though
Quote from: CoolDrMoneyUsing a mouse only allows for certain limitations. And the kind of drawings you have presented us with wouldnt look all that much better if you had a tablet probably
TBH!
i used to draw everything with a mouse and i didnt really get better with a tablet i just use the brush tool more!
tablets are worthless + suck dick
Quote from: wpstablets are worthless + suck dick
not really
imo they are pretty overrated and they are absolutely AWFUL for pixel- and precisionwork but if you use the brush tool alot they are nice
i will always get smoother and cleaner drawings with a mouse, but the tablet allows for a better control of flow and character movement etc
hey I don't have a mousepad either!
It might be because I use the brush tool for pretty much everything and that I was so accustomed to drawing with a pencil for years before I started using flash to draw but I seriously suck shit when drawing with a mouse, but still they weren't completely terrible I'd say. But yeah tablet will always outshine a mouse for drawing at least for me anyway!!
But yeah Fuzz I wouldn't use the whole "I use a mouse so I suck that's why" excuse it doesn't go very far for most people really. And tbh your avatar tricked me I thought it looked neat until I looked closer and saw how simple it was then I was sad ):
damn we should probably give tips to try and help Fuzz get better huh???
okay well I think um maybe try loosening up your lines a bit and being more confident in your strokes... or something thats kind of what rtil or mrat would say and noone would know what the fuck they were talking aboutahahaH XDD no thats gay.
I would say that you should try doing gestural drawings like this one attached, and work your ASS off on anatomy before you'll start getting better and yeah... Say how long have you been drawing anyway and what are your other talents besides drawing?
Tablets are ace. Pencil and brush tools go really well with them.
Quote from: Squeefhey I don't have a mousepad either!
It might be because I use the brush tool for pretty much everything and that I was so accustomed to drawing with a pencil for years before I started using flash to draw but I seriously suck shit when drawing with a mouse, but still they weren't completely terrible I'd say. But yeah tablet will always outshine a mouse for drawing at least for me anyway!!
But yeah Fuzz I wouldn't use the whole "I use a mouse so I suck that's why" excuse it doesn't go very far for most people really. And tbh your avatar tricked me I thought it looked neat until I looked closer and saw how simple it was then I was sad ):
damn we should probably give tips to try and help Fuzz get better huh???
okay well I think um maybe try loosening up your lines a bit and being more confident in your strokes... or something thats kind of what rtil or mrat would say and noone would know what the fuck they were talking aboutahahaH XDD no thats gay.
I would say that you should try doing gestural drawings like this one attached, and work your ASS off on anatomy before you'll start getting better and yeah... Say how long have you been drawing anyway and what are your other talents besides drawing?
wow that's a mouthful... I just want to get this out of the way first...
I love you squeef. now then...
The only reason I post here is to better myself and get help with my art. I DO draw much better with pencil and paper. I just thought it would be more like that with a tablet. I haven't had a chance to try.
My talents are more in the field of video and editing and such. I haven't had an art class since elementary school... Thats been almost eight years now... Damn I feel old. I have just recently pick up art again since i'm taking flash, photoshop, etc, classes in college. The main thing I'm going for is Premier and I've already got a job at a small film studio. I used to doodle all the time as a kid. After I found this place I figured it would be kinda nice to talk with people who do art and animation because I want to be able to do the kinds of things like people here do.
AND THAT'S MY LIIIIFE!!!!
Here some photography I've done. I'd say it's better than my art.
edit: shit those are big pictures...
http://i27.tinypic.com/2m4qhok.jpg (http://i27.tinypic.com/2m4qhok.jpg)
http://i25.tinypic.com/ibcn69.jpg (http://i25.tinypic.com/ibcn69.jpg)
http://i31.tinypic.com/dggb2b.jpg (http://i31.tinypic.com/dggb2b.jpg)
i used a mouse up until last halloween
... oh yeah?! Well. What about my pretty pictures of flowers?
pictures of flowers are boring
i prefer your artwork with the line tool, it's much cleaner and stylistically interesting
If anyone feels like giving me some art lessons, feel free to hit me up on AIM.
why yes someone else can magically give you a bucket of talent and then you'll be famous
ART CAN NOT BE TOUGHT
IT SOMETHING
YOU
MUST
FEEEEEEEEEL
You think so? cause I'm pretty sure that people have to practice to get good. How can you practice something you don't know? Like me. I know very little about how to draw people and scenery from a perspective. Things like that need to be taught because when I try, everything is out of proportion or at weird angles. It can be taught. I'm not asking for a magic bucket of talent, no matter how cool that would be, just some help.
well I GOT TO WHERE I AM TODAY by getting tips from artists that were better than me, but then i had to practice and practice and practice some more to understand the complexities of the concepts they explained to me.
so I guess I lean more towards wps' opinion that if you want to become a good artist its basically gonna require a shitload of work on your part.
And remember the famous saying that goes somethin like "You will make 1,000 pieces of shit before you make 1 good piece of art" or something like that Im kind of improvising here.
uhm
you just gotta look at stuff
and see what it looks like
and draw that
simple
you just gotta draw allot
thats the only way to get better, drawing and improving, someone else's advice rarely works
ok ok im being a dick
ok just get a sketchbook
and draw everytime you feel like drawing
thats actually just where you got to start with
you got to start on paper, simple
and look, don't listen to anyone saying that you got to study anatomy first, or start with shading first etc. etc. etc.
that doesn't make you draw better
that doesn't make you draw better at all.
I always thought that anatomy and proportions were important...
Thanks wps. I appreciate the help and that you realized you were being a dick. It's ok tho. some times, everybody's just a big hairy dick.
actually WPS is correct
look at things and draw them
still life and drawing from life are the best practice in the world
stop bitching for people to hand you helpful hints on a platter that you think will magically make you able to draw.
here
1.) get a sketchpad or notebook
2.) run around outside
3.) draw people and things you see
4.) if the things you draw suck, analyze WHY they suck, erase them, and try again
and there you are.
and if all else fails and you cant look at your own art objectively to figure out whats wrong with a drawing or sketch, place it here where everyone can shit all over it and tell you whats wrong with it.
then you'll know what NOT to do next time
Quote from: FuzzI always thought that anatomy and proportions were important...
Thanks Zekey. I appreciate the help and that you ae being a dick. It's ok tho. some times, everybody's just a big hairy dick.
He wasn't being a dick though
oh ok. ignore everyone.
he probably doesnt really want to improve
just some shortcuts
go to deviantart to learn those
I'm sorry Zekey. I didn't mean it. I just had a hard night at work. I never want to have kids... at least not with a fat bitch. Anyways...
You guys just don't understand what I'm saying. It's not that I want people to make me better, it's that I need to know WHAT to do before I practice it.
So my friend was drawing in class today. I liked the way it looked, so I made my own version of it. All I took was the eyes and the way it is silhouetted.
K well I haven't checked here much lately... Busy taking squeef's and Zekey's advice and getting my final project done for flash.
here it is so you can all tell me how much it sucks! Sorry there's no voice acting(not a voice actor) and shitty sounds(www.findsounds.com).
Heres some shit I already know that you don't have to tell me: It runs slow(12fps) it was required. Walk cycle sucked. shit's weak. And finally, I know it has an awesome 80's ending.
don't trace bitmap stuff (lightpost)
i would also suggest working in black and white until you learn a little bit about color or at least pick less saturated colors. tbh, i really don't think you should be doing a lot of human-like animation until you strengthen your drawing skills. and while the best way to get better is to get a sketchbook, pencils and go out and draw life, if you don't have any guidance at all except yourself it is rather intimidating. there is nothing wrong with geting advice from those who have been in the field - that's why a lot of them become teachers, to pass on the tricks of the trade so they don't get lost.
a lot of them have written great books on these subjects. for animation, you'd want to get richard williams' animators survival kit. for a kick-start on drawing from life, i would recommend anything by andrew loomis (hard to get ahold of though, many of his books are out of print), or something by george bridgman. bridgman is not the best draftsmen in the world, but - unlike his books - a lot of life drawing books have GREAT illustrations, but don't really teach you anything.
was that Gish?
rtil, you could be a teacher. believe me, I didn't actually want to do an animation with people, but it was required for the course. The college I'm going to doesn't have any traditional art classes and so I'm not getting any help there. I couldn't afford a sketch pad so I just bought a just pack of copy paper. I've been working on my drawings a lot lately. I'm still having problems translating any of my art using a mouse tho... my actual sketches aren't that terrible.
Quote from: FuzzYou think so? cause I'm pretty sure that people have to practice to get good. How can you practice something you don't know? Like me. I know very little about how to draw people and scenery from a perspective. Things like that need to be taught because when I try, everything is out of proportion or at weird angles. It can be taught. I'm not asking for a magic bucket of talent, no matter how cool that would be,
I know how you feel but I did what Squeef did basicly,
[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Squeef)--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE(Squeef)[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]well I GOT TO WHERE I AM TODAY by getting tips from artists that were better than me, but then i had to practice and practice and practice some more to understand the complexities of the concepts they explained to me.[/quote]
And if you seen my newer stuff. I can say I improved a bit comepared to my older work.
Quote from: FuzzBusy taking squeef's and Zekey's advice
this could be a bad idea
QuoteI couldn't afford a sketch pad so I just bought a just pack of copy paper.
I buy packs of paper too. I don't like sketchbooks ):
I got to where i am today by ignoring people.
Also, im a copy paper guy myself too. Easy for scanning and shit.
I use a sketchbook and printer paper but
nowadays I find myself using wacom tablet and flash/photoshop more often than not
I should do more pencil drawings :(
Quote from: GerkinmanI got to where i am today by ignoring people.
Also, im a copy paper guy myself too. Easy for scanning and shit.
Damn... wish I could afford a scanner...
Quote from: SqueefI use a sketchbook and printer paper but
nowadays I find myself using wacom tablet and flash/photoshop more often than not
I should do more pencil drawings :(
DAMN... wish I could afford a wacom tablet...
yea I need a scanner too
batch scanner would be nice but thats real expensive
i got a shitty $100 wacom tablet ummm intuos 3 or somethin but it works and as long as you take care of it, it lasts a pretty good while ive had it for like 6 months now.
just ask for it as a bday or xmas present or somethin I got it for xmas.
in the meantime you should draw more real life shit, go outside and draw shit, draw your hand, draw a wooden doll, do gestural, do sketches whatever so youll be better by the time you get a tablet you know??
hmm. i used to buy printer paper too but after a while i wished it wasn't sitting around everywhere getting stepped on. i buy tiny sketchbooks, no bigger than 6x8. they're usually not more than $10, i don't see how you couldn't afford one .
yeah tiny sketchbooks I find are nicer anyway because you don't sit around goin "Gee well how am I gonna fill up this page" or maybe thats just me
Quote from: rtilhmm. i used to buy printer paper too but after a while i wished it wasn't sitting around everywhere getting stepped on. i buy tiny sketchbooks, no bigger than 6x8. they're usually not more than $10, i don't see how you couldn't afford one .
You obviously don't understand just how poor I am. Working part time at Wendys, and driving an hour to school and hour back everyday... I was thinking it might be cheaper to live on campus, the way gas prices are. I've got 1 dollar to last me until next tuesday... want to donate to the "Give Me Money" fund? Hell if it wasn't for my credit card... I'd pretty much be screwed.
ooooo the starvin artist complex* thats nice
All we did in class today was watch videos one YouTube... So I did this instead.
i drove an hour to school and back for 6 years. why not take the bus? or get a better job. you could make more money buying and selling on craigslist then working part time at wendys.
1st off! What's craigs list? 2nd! I live in a little shit town. My school is about an hours drive away. I'm going to get an internship at "Be Scene Productions". they make commercials and Promo videos for local area companies. pays a helluva lot better than wendy's and I won't have to put up with customer's shit like I have to every fucking day! =D
lmao craigslist is a public listing for all kinds of for-sale items, you pick up and they receive cash, or vice versa. someone i know made over $5,000 a month just buying and reselling stuff on it a few times a day.craigslist.org
some MIT graduate made bots that crawls on sites like craigslist and ebay and resells shit
and he just lives off of that
OR SO I'VE HEARD
would be hard to do that because you have to pick up the items yourself
Well shit, I should check that out! I've got some useless shit lying around here.
No comments on the arts?
The best thing I did last night in the ways of money making was, buying a $1 scratch of and winning $20 randomly. I can eat without falling deeper into debt! YAY!