thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: Mushroomboy5 on April 22, 2008 12:39 AM

Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Mushroomboy5 on April 22, 2008 12:39 AM
[attachment=1398:woman.jpg]
After seeing this "reclining nude" pose 50 million times in my art history class, I've decided to do my own version of it. The problem is that my brain seems to be on an artistic block, and I can't think of anything to put as a background. Any suggestions friends? Also, if you think something looks funky in the image point it out so I can try and fix it.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: bcube on April 22, 2008 12:41 AM
For some reason I imagine a mirror and a checkered room in the back of her...
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Cyke on April 22, 2008 12:53 AM
odalisque, eh? If you get REALLY lazy, add red velvety curtains.

Or you can put a fancy lampshade somewhere to follow up the light source...or a dinner set for two, and some ember flying from the left, indicating a fireplace....
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: FG_SPace on April 22, 2008 12:57 AM
just do like crackled orangey roman-esque (if that makes sense) wall with a window and something weird is goin on outside the window
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Gerkinman on April 22, 2008 01:03 AM
Furniture, but all made of mushrooms.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Mushroomboy5 on April 22, 2008 01:12 AM
Quote from: BizzareCubeFor some reason I imagine a mirror and a checkered room in the back of her...

I'm liking the mirror idea, I'll probably use it somehow  

Quote from: Cykeodalisque, eh? If you get REALLY lazy, add red velvety curtains.

Or you can put a fancy lampshade somewhere to follow up the light source...or a dinner set for two, and some ember flying from the left, indicating a fireplace....

Good suggestion with the dinner table. If I put a table in this I'll probably put it in upside down, I'm going far a more surreal look.

Quote from: GerkinmanFurniture, but all made of mushrooms.

Contrary to what my username might suggest, I'm actually not interested in drawing mushrooms anymore.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: texas on April 22, 2008 01:17 AM
cats
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Gerkinman on April 22, 2008 01:19 AM
QuoteContrary to what my username might suggest, I'm actually not interested in drawing mushrooms anymore.

Well some sort of organic furniture anyways
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: MRat on April 22, 2008 02:27 AM
Furniture made from assorted sasquatch pieces.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: sQueef on April 22, 2008 02:33 AM
random =/= surreal
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on April 22, 2008 03:40 AM
I vote a Roman stadium full of Romans...also guards at her side...
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: Crabarms on April 22, 2008 03:41 AM
Turkeys and Bear trophys...
taxidermy shit.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: MRat on April 22, 2008 03:45 AM
random != possible for a human to do.
Title: A creativley related problem
Post by: rtil on April 22, 2008 04:16 AM
whenever i don't want to make a background but it needs one anyway i just find a wallpaper texture . and by wallpaper i mean actual wallpaper