thebackalleys

Main => General => Topic started by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 09:59 PM

Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 09:59 PM
Ooookay, so here's the deal. I'm using a 3x4 tablet which lacks pressure point and is about to... well... retire.

So I think it's time for me to snatch a Wacom and there's an upcoming event in Thailand called Commart where you can buy many PC hardwares and related stuffs at a discounted rate. They're bound to be a booth that sells Wacom stuffs so I was thinking of getting a Wacom tablet.

The choices I had in mind are:

Graphire4 and Bamboo Fun at 4x5. (I won't be getting Intuos because of the ridiculous price here, I can buy a Wii for the smallest Intuos.)

I'm not sure what to choose between these two though, they got the same spec but Bamboo Fun's newer. Anyone want to recommend some other brands or models?

Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Loathsome on March 16, 2008 10:32 PM
I use a Graphire3 and I love it.
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Hammi on March 16, 2008 10:33 PM
Hmm... im not sure about graphire and bamboo, since ive never tried any of them. What i can say is that i got volito 2 which im quite happy with it. It got pen pressure (basically everything that a wacom got) and comes with artrage wacom edition. And, its cheap.

Well, dunno how to solve your problem, but i hope this helps a lil:
http://www.link2000.com.mt/Wacom.htm (http://www.link2000.com.mt/Wacom.htm)

I dunno anything more honestly. Bamboo got buttons and stuff (extra features?), graphire doesnt. I think theyre meant for zooming and scrolling and all that. Good luck with choosing your tablet though.

Btw whats your current one?
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Loathsome on March 16, 2008 10:35 PM
bamboo sounds gay too.
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 10:44 PM
This is the one I'm using  (i bought it for $30 waaay back 4 years ago.)



Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Loathsome on March 16, 2008 10:52 PM
I see spunk on the tablet!
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 10:56 PM
Quote from: LoathsomeI see spunk on the tablet!

lol that's not a spunk. Actually, it's the area that  I drew the most and it leave some mark there.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions guys.
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Halcion on March 16, 2008 10:57 PM
Quote from: LoathsomeI see spunk on the tablet!
so do i
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Loathsome on March 16, 2008 10:57 PM
sure (;
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Hammi on March 16, 2008 11:14 PM
Right next to Tiberian Sun. Man... switch over to Generals already xP
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sinitron on March 16, 2008 11:17 PM
i dont know jack shit about tablets except that this huge ass intuos3 6x11 things is great
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 11:17 PM
Well, I love to bring out old games to play from time to time. I'm actually waiting for Kane's Wrath.
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sinitron on March 16, 2008 11:18 PM
Quote from: HammiRight next to Tiberian Sun. Man... switch over to Generals already xP
GENERALS IS A PIECE OF SHIT GAME

Quote from: SonniWell, I love to bring out old games to play from time to time. I\\\'m actually waiting for Kane\\\'s Wrath.
FIGHT THE SYSTEM C&C CLASSIC FOREVA FUCK ELECTRONIC ARTS
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Sonni on March 16, 2008 11:21 PM
If only Westwood is actually still around making C & C... :(
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: MRat on March 17, 2008 02:04 AM
Hey guys I'm going to buy a Cintiq next year and jizz all over it and post picture OK?
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Hammi on March 17, 2008 02:06 AM
Quote from: MRatHey guys I'm going to buy a Cintiq next year and jizz all over it and post picture OK?

Way to mark your property. Ratgoo.
Title: Guys I need help!
Post by: Philip K Dick on March 17, 2008 04:06 AM
what the hell is spunk

oh ok i just googled its like the swede word for jizz

i probably could have figured it out if i read mrats post