thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: Halcion on March 1, 2008 12:31 AM

Title: Skin toning help
Post by: Halcion on March 1, 2008 12:31 AM
I cant seem to get a smooth curving surface around the jaw or cheek. Ignore all the shadows etc, i use that to blend, im a burn/dodge-whore. Itll be pixelated since its zoomed in really close. The golden skin is intentional, i was also trying to do a swollen-shut, sort of look on the eye.
[attachment=829:facetone.jpg]
in return ill give you a bunch of handy brushes.
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: bcube on March 1, 2008 12:37 AM
Quote from: HalcionI cant seem to get a smooth curving surface around the jaw or cheek. Ignore all the shadows etc, i use that to blend, im a burn/dodge-whore. Itll be pixelated since its zoomed in really close. The golden skin is intentional, i was also trying to do a swollen-shut, sort of look on the eye.
[attachment=829:facetone.jpg]
in return ill give you a bunch of handy brushes.


I don't really understand what you mean by "smooth curving surface around the jaw or cheek"  
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: Halcion on March 1, 2008 12:42 AM
Quote from: BizzareCubeI don't really understand what you mean by "smooth curving surface around the jaw or cheek"  
depth, like a concaving and convexing
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: bcube on March 1, 2008 12:56 AM
hmmm... well you can try to concentrate the shading to one side ( kinda like this. Of course, If this wasn't the look you were looking for then I don't think I can do much more  )


[attachment=830:Untitled_2.png]
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: zomfgbie on March 1, 2008 01:00 AM
OH MY GOD THOSE PIXELS ARE HUGE OUTTA CONTROL
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: Halcion on March 1, 2008 01:11 AM
Quote from: BizzareCubehmmm... well you can try to concentrate the shading to one side ( kinda like this. Of course, If this wasn't the look you were looking for then I don't think I can do much more  )
ill try that thanks, and the brushes:
[attachment=831:Brushes.RAR]
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: bcube on March 1, 2008 01:13 AM
Quote from: Halcion
Quote from: BizzareCubehmmm... well you can try to concentrate the shading to one side ( kinda like this. Of course, If this wasn't the look you were looking for then I don't think I can do much more  )
ill try that thanks, and the brushes:
[attachment=831:Brushes.RAR]


Ah, thanks then (=
Title: Skin toning help
Post by: Neoworms on March 1, 2008 02:03 AM
t8 a w0rm az refarience