there's a new poll on the front page (http://www.thebackalleys.com/) about cartoons today and cartoons in the 90's. it's been a week or two since i ran a poll, and honestly i can't think of good questions. if you have animation related questions you've always wanted to ask a couple hundred people, put it in this topic and i'll probably run it on an upcoming poll. typically, anywhere from 200 to 400 people will vote on these polls in a span of a couple weeks, so you should get a good response
I'd have to say, in overall quality and humor, 90's cartoons were better.
And oddly, the best cartoons on tv now, are ones made by the people who made alot of the good ones in the 90's.
Not that there wasnt plenty of shit in the 90's. Sailor Moon, Bubsy, Jungle Cubs are some of the first that spring to mind.
90's - hey arnold, the simpsons (1989 but... yeah its 90's), rugrats (loved it as a kid), johnny bravo, dexters laboratory, cow and chicken, ed edd n eddy (1999), ren and stimpy, doug,
from 1999 onwards - i guess spongebob (1999), jimmy neutron was pretty funny, i watched avatar a couple of times
id go with the 90's
yeah 90's is ok
Quote from: ZekeyAnd oddly, the best cartoons on tv now, are ones made by the people who made alot of the good ones in the 90's.
haha you're tellin me
Poll question:
Which DoReMi character is your favorite?
Doremi
Sophie
Emily
Nicole
Mindy
boobs
desu-fucking-chan-whatever
Today's cartoons are worse, no contest. Animation has SERIOUSLY declined. I mean, it's been declining alot anyway, but it's getting really bad, and even upsetting.
As for a poll, what about
What do you like best about The Backalleys:
Rtil's Cartoons
Rtil's Art
Taylor
Anigen
Nicole
The Forums
Bug
FAGGOT!
recently my vote would go for stick man
Quote from: MRatToday's cartoons are worse, no contest. Animation has SERIOUSLY declined. I mean, it's been declining alot anyway, but it's getting really bad, and even upsetting.
As for a poll, what about
What do you like best about The Backalleys:
Rtil's Cartoons
Rtil's Art
Taylor
Anigen
Nicole
The Forums
Bug
FAGGOT!
Where the hell is mattrules????
favorite backalleys alt poll
too bad most of the people who visit the front page don't know anything about the forum users
what is your favorite color:
puce
magenta
slate
indigo
scarlet
wisp
olive
Indigo
Quote from: rtilfavorite backalleys alt poll
too bad most of the people who visit the front page don't know anything about the forum users
Do it anyways. They will vote for Nicole because it's a girl's name. I BET.
the sad truth right there
rtil, try that out
i don't have to try it, i already know it will work
Gonna have to go with the 90's. I grew up on that shit.
Besides, I find it hard that to believe that it's possible to beat Rocko's Modern Life or Ren and Stimpy.
And I'll always be biased towards shows like Doug and whatnot because, again, I grew up on that stuff.
I luv the 90's. I remember swat kats, sonic the hedgehog (revived in poops hooray), hey arnold, batman, freekazoid, all that WB had to offer, SMB 3, Highlander the Animated series, Rockos Modern Life etc. The violence and the action was more rougher and epic back then. And the cartoon humor was priceless.
Nowadays we got those cheap retarded new editions, revived in an attempt to squeeze the lifeless shits out of what was left of them. Like that all new Biker Mice From Mars series, i personally think it looks so ridiculous with all those cheap special effects theyve added, and with a storyline that is so confusing for me that i cant comprehend how to connect that series with the old original series. And oh yeah, TMNT? I loved that one since i was a kid. But with the new series, i think theyve bastardized everything now. Also the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, i cant even pick a path to begin with anymore. And sonic? How the fuck did they come up with something so godawful as Sonic Underground? Thats the most retarded sequel ive ever watched, and it made me sad about the thought of how exciting the sonic series used to be. And the list goes on.
Basically what im saying is, that they shouldve left the classics alone with the good ol shine that they had left. Friggin capitalism ruined em all.
New poll idea:
Why do you come here?
Forums
Anipedia
Comics
Freetown
Art
Cartoons
Home
Rtil
Yeah, new Dexter suc-
Wait wait wait, NEW Biker Mice From Mars? You're serious?!
Quote from: HammiAnd sonic? How the fuck did they come up with something so godawful as Sonic Underground? Thats the most retarded sequel ive ever watched, and it made me sad about the thought of how exciting the sonic series used to be. And the list goes on.
Sonic Underground was a 90's show. Even though 40 episodes were made, it got canceled within a month after it made it's debut.
sonic underground wasn't nearly as bad as that chili dog sonic cartoon on the disney channel
I just watched the first two minutes of Sonic Underground's first episode on YouTube. It was definitely worse than Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Sure, it was a stupid cartoon but Sonic Underground's concept alone is worse than Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
i just got sonic rush 1-3 for my PC
3rd one sucks
Quote from: MishkaMashi just got sonic rush 1-3 for my PC
3rd one sucks
Sonic Rush 3 doesn't exists.
Quote from: W.A.C.Quote from: MishkaMashi just got sonic rush 1-3 for my PC
3rd one sucks
Sonic Rush 3 doesn't exists.
Sonic ADVANCE my bad
code monkey says someday, somehow
sonic in general is bad
Quote from: taylorsonic in general is bad
Although I originally loved the video games because they seemed to be much funner than jumping on turtles as a fatass plumber, I have grown to fucking despise Nintendo for being so uncreative.
Seriously they can't make anything not revolve around shit that they made in the 80's.
it just pisses me off is all...
oh and I realize Sonic is a Sega character but Sega stopped making consoles and basically gave Sonic to Nintendo and a shit ton of other studios to rape his legacy with.
mario and sonic at the laundromat
coming out for the wii in 2009
Quote from: rtilmario and sonic at the laundromat
coming out for the wii in 2009
ye
it will be praised for its stunning innovation and clever use of the revolutionary wiimote
dicks will be sucked
bwahaha. FUCK you're right though
sonic was awesome on the magedrive
Quote from: MishkaMashSonic ADVANCE my bad
Sonic Advance was great. Sonic Advance 2 was awesome. Sonic Advance 3 was horrible. The review critics were nuts to give that game such high praise. It was such a horrible game.
witch w0rm iz ur faivruit??:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
smidge of the original worms.
I think the forum is like a plane...It has more ups than downs but then you get screwed by gas prices
Quote from: monkeyscanflyI think the forum is like a plane...It has more ups than downs but then you get screwed by gas prices
I think you're going to hell cuz you've got your shit packed.
As in your gay.
As in you like dicks in your butt.
Quote from: SqueefQuote from: monkeyscanflyI think the forum is like a plane...It has more ups than downs but then you get screwed by gas prices
I think you're going to hell cuz you've got your shit packed.
As in your gay.
As in you like dicks in your butt.
... Wtf? What does that have to do with hell or being gay? o.O
I dunno, I was just being dumb
Youre weird Squeefy.
SQUEEEEEEEEF.
I like saying that name. Almost like the sound of a baby lizard squeaking.
That is before it starts flarnting™ though, like some certain lizard does here already.
Ahh I am weird but it is a result of TRAGIC CHILDHOOD SYNDROME
I like my name too too bad I use arushi on NG now :/
Quote from: SqueefAhh I am weird but it is a result of TRAGIC CHILDHOOD SYNDROME
I like my name too too bad I use arushi on NG now :/
So what was the tragedy that happened on your childhood? Did your father touch you in any way?
Quote from: monkeyscanflyQuote from: SqueefAhh I am weird but it is a result of TRAGIC CHILDHOOD SYNDROME
I like my name too too bad I use arushi on NG now :/
So what was the tragedy that happened on your childhood? Did your father touch you in any way?
Nah he just learned you existed early on.
Quote from: MRatQuote from: monkeyscanflyQuote from: SqueefAhh I am weird but it is a result of TRAGIC CHILDHOOD SYNDROME
I like my name too too bad I use arushi on NG now :/
So what was the tragedy that happened on your childhood? Did your father touch you in any way?
Nah he just learned you existed early on.
lol
Seriously though, monkeyscanfly, I'm making sure my children never learn you exist. That shit will straight up scar you.
lmao. I suggest keeping Squeef from them... He might give them some rare viral anal disease xD
Quote from: monkeyscanflylmao. I suggest keeping Squeef from them... He might give them some rare viral anal disease xD
lmao, this is true.
Quote from: MRatQuote from: monkeyscanflylmao. I suggest keeping Squeef from them... He might give them some rare viral anal disease xD
lmao, this is true.
always reminds me of that "Join the army" guy.
(https://thebackalleys.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimagecache2.allposters.com%2Fimages%2Fpic%2FDES%2FD128%7EUncle-Sam-I-Want-You-Posters.jpg&hash=6ef34e3cf0fccd06c034fe73f75c4ab439eff48b)
the snowmmiser doesn't like it when it's over 40 degrees.
He prefers it when everything just FREEZE!!!s.
I only add when im up to no good, such as having cake.
I lol'd.
Niceee.
I want yooooou.
I want you so baaad
I want you so baaaaaaaaAAAd.
It's driving me mad.
It's driving me maad.
Hehehe i just got notice that my home country is declaring war on Colombia with Ecuador as ally
Quote from: monkeyscanflyHehehe i just got notice that my home country is declaring war on Colombia with Ecuador as ally
well, cocks.
Quote from: MRatQuote from: monkeyscanflyHehehe i just got notice that my home country is declaring war on Colombia with Ecuador as ally
well, cocks.
? ANywho we will kick their arses with our Su-27s and other fighters bought from russia also we got some battleships and lots of ground tanks
Well good luck with that, see you in 3 months when I have to come in and clean up your countries fucking mess.
here's one
who is your favorite backalleys member??
Quote from: monkeyscanflyalso we got some battleships and lots of ground tanks
Wow really?? Boy that is totally wicked man. That will sure show em whos the boss on the battlefield. Like, you guys gonna scoop the whole place up for Colombians and shit. Like Tony once said, they cant be trusted. AM I RIGHT?
Blast them back to stone age fellas!
[/sarcasm]
oh god im trying so hard to not spawn and egotastic tough guy whos military is better arguement stop it stop it stop it im gonna go make a sandwich
Eat me. Im a sandwich. Not just any sandwich. What do you find in between the buns?
It's more than obvious the Peruvian military is the best in the world, guys.
Pakistan got one of worlds finest skilled air forces, and thats no lie.
stop talking about the military this thread is about polls
Monkeyscanfly started it. I was just being sarcastic then everybody else started talking about whos whos military and which to which was best and i felt urged to respond to this "my daddy is stronger than you" issue that was starting to take off until you came in and now im sitting in the corner whimpering over that you might gonna spank me and pull after my ear which would result in me crying like an abused child because thats what you wouldve been if you did that to me because as a tba member im almost like a son for you like the rest of the guys here and you wouldnt hit me because all i was doing was following the stream and now i feel like im having the blame for everything because im much browner than anyone here while everybody else is like perfect as vanilla biscuits with a final touch of strawberry in the middle of each which i dont have because im brown as a cookie and i dont want to end up in your digestion mechanism because of something i dont have the full blame of so please rtil i could explain everything which i think i just did while i was scratching my foot at the moment when i was begging you on my knees to spare me for the embarrassment of being slayed in front of everybody while f0d and taylor would be standing there laughing at me losing my head because of your excessive punishment that is strictly prohibited in human rights worldwide and you would end up paying me fees and bills from all the worth of your site while im dead for murdering me in the most gruesome way which rumors would be circulating around the net about how rtil killed hammi and you would have to watch as high supreme court would make a decision about closing down your then weakened site and put you in jail while your fanbase around the world who used to look up to you turning back on the man who they once thought was a man of honor with traditional standards until the time when they realized how twisted you were in the end and you would have to spend the rest of your life in the county jail. And i hope you see the opportunity to change all this before its too late.
Quote from: anigenQuote from: rtil
lmfao
More importantly!!
Quote from: HammiMonkeyscanfly started it. I was just being sarcastic then everybody else started talking about whos whos military and which to which was best and i felt urged to respond to this "my daddy is stronger than you" issue that was starting to take off until you came in and now im sitting in the corner whimpering over that you might gonna spank me and pull after my ear which would result in me crying like an abused child because thats what you wouldve been if you did that to me because as a tba member im almost like a son for you like the rest of the guys here and you wouldnt hit me because all i was doing was following the stream and now i feel like im having the blame for everything because im much browner than anyone here while everybody else is like perfect as vanilla biscuits with a final touch of strawberry in the middle of each which i dont have because im brown as a cookie and i dont want to end up in your digestion mechanism because of something i dont have the full blame of so please rtil i could explain everything which i think i just did while i was scratching my foot at the moment when i was begging you on my knees to spare me for the embarrassment of being slayed in front of everybody while f0d and taylor would be standing there laughing at me losing my head because of your excessive punishment that is strictly prohibited in human rights worldwide and you would end up paying me fees and bills from all the worth of your site while im dead for murdering me in the most gruesome way which rumors would be circulating around the net about how rtil killed hammi and you would have to watch as high supreme court would make a decision about closing down your then weakened site and put you in jail while your fanbase around the world who used to look up to you turning back on the man who they once thought was a man of honor with traditional standards until the time when they realized how twisted you were in the end and you would have to spend the rest of your life in the county jail. And i hope you see the opportunity to change all this before its too late.
LMFAO
TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOMEALLEYS
Quote from: FreekCTOTALLY FUCKING AWESOMEALLEYS
DAMN SKIPPY!
stop it