thebackalleys

Main => The Gallery => Topic started by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 7, 2008 06:59 AM

Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 7, 2008 06:59 AM
Well, I'm not done yet, but I think I'm at a point where I can submit what I've done. The name as of now is Morning Dreamland, and it's basically a calm song, that may eventually turn kind of hyper maybe. I dunno yet...probably another thing you could race or drive to...please make sure you listen to my stuff with headphones or something that puts out bass. There's a lot of pannig and bass, and you may miss sounds without it...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: ZekeySpaceyLizard on January 7, 2008 07:11 AM
very relaxing. music to race to? nah. music to drive to? yes yes, I think so
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Nadroj0711 on January 7, 2008 07:25 AM
shadowfox, i didn't know you were a musician!
but hey, try to get some of your own sounds
the airchorus and bentasmic pads and kalimba sound are really obvious
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: crimson66 on January 7, 2008 09:25 AM
Sounds like Gran Turismo reply music.



I'm gonna start posting my techno/trance up here now.

But i do like it!

Nice n' simple progression.

mmm good.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 8, 2008 04:56 AM
Quote from: Zekeyvery relaxing. music to race to? nah. music to drive to? yes yes, I think so

It's very relaxing racing music you can drive to LOL. Let me remind you that I'm nowhere near done yet, but as it goes on, it gets less calm, or more exciting. Glad you like it so far though!

Quote from: Nadroj0711shadowfox, i didn't know you were a musician!
but hey, try to get some of your own sounds
the airchorus and bentasmic pads and kalimba sound are really obvious

Yes, I do more music than anything else! Although I'm trying to use sounds that aren't used as much and that people won't recognize, Air Chorus is my favorite pad in that section, along with some others. I used 'em because that's what popped into my head when I thought of the music, and other sounds just don't cut it you know? I'm trying to find some other sounds frmo the internet and stuff, but if it doesn't fit right with me, I just don't see a point in using it ya know? Besides, what exactly do you mean by getting my own sounds? I'm filtering the common pads people use so they sound a bit different, but what did you have in mind by making my own sounds? Sure, I could get some sounds that aren't from FL, but that's about it if that's what you mean...

Quote from: Ayato Kamina 11Sounds like Gran Turismo reply music.



I'm gonna start posting my techno/trance up here now.

But i do like it!

Nice n' simple progression.

mmm good.

Dude, I haven't played Gran Turismo in years. I was thinking about doing the same thing with posting my stuff up here. I kinda felt a little iffy about posting something I haven't yet finished. Didn't really think anyone was gonna like it...at all...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Nadroj0711 on January 8, 2008 07:18 AM
does anyone know where to get some pad soundfonts?
i've found some good drum soundfonts, but i need some good synth/bass/pad sounds
i use synth for background/melody, bass for... bass, and pad for background/ambience

btw, shadowfox, ^ these are things youshould look for
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 8, 2008 06:13 PM
K thanks
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: rythem588 on January 13, 2008 04:44 AM
*just downloaded* that song is noice!if I had a car, I would listen to it while I drove. Or while I'm just sitting here D" but yeah, it kinda does sound like Gran Turismo, sounds kinda, aerial too D". and reminds me of part of MRC Racing
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: zomfgbie on January 13, 2008 04:19 PM
why is everything you type blue
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Daagah on January 13, 2008 04:41 PM
it reminded me of the old ape escape game for the PS

Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 13, 2008 05:18 PM
Quote from: -unknown_user-*just downloaded* that song is noice!if I had a car, I would listen to it while I drove. Or while I'm just sitting here D" but yeah, it kinda does sound like Gran Turismo, sounds kinda, aerial too D". and reminds me of part of MRC Racing

Haha thanks, I was looking at clouds when I was thinking of this more than anything else, so you're dead on with the aerial thing. When I'm done with it though, it's gonna be more hyper and exciting. This is just the beginning...

Quote from: FreekCwhy is everything you type blue

Everything I type is blue because I'm always sad...no, it's just because I like the color, and to be different you know? All these colors nobody's usin'...

Quote from: Daagahit reminded me of the old ape escape game for the PS

I've heard of Ape Escape, but I've never played it. It's those monkeys (apes) with the police light on their heads right?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Nadroj0711 on January 13, 2008 06:07 PM
i can't imagine going back and chaning my post to blue
not that it's that hard, but really
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 13, 2008 07:17 PM
Haha yeah, it takes longer to do it then just saying what you have to say, and being done with it, but it has its upsides. I can find what I've said easier for one. I'll stop if it's bothering somebody. I figured eventually someone was gonna call me a fag for it or whatever, but it seems nobody has a problem with it, so I just kept doing it. Do you want me to stop ?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Nadroj0711 on January 13, 2008 07:36 PM
i don't think anyone's offended by your expressions of blue
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: mishkamash on January 14, 2008 02:18 AM
listen up here's the story, about a little gu
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: adamant on January 14, 2008 02:40 AM
Quote from: Daagahit reminded me of the old ape escape game for the PS

i fucking loved that game :'(
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 25, 2008 10:06 PM
Unforunately, I've never played it...

Question. I'm sure nobody here really goes to NG for the audio, and that's kinda what I do, so I wanted to ask if any of you wanted me to put my music on here sometime?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Crabarms on January 25, 2008 10:11 PM
if you do I might use it.
I go there looking for audio that hasn't been used.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: MRat on January 25, 2008 10:39 PM
Quote from: SHADOWFOX2[font= \\\"Tahoma\\\"]Unforunately, I've never played it...

Question. I'm sure nobody here really goes to NG for the audio, and that's kinda what I do, so I wanted to ask if any of you wanted me to put my music on here sometime?[/font]


I go to NG Audio all the time. I love surfing it, especially since the resdesign. It used to be such a hassle before.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Hammi on January 26, 2008 12:34 AM
Wow. I like this. Better than my music. Something id love having repeat on when im out. And yeah, it does remind me of some racing game. Well, as a calm relaxed menu type music, it would fit. But the hatting at the start though, i think you should have more space in there, more controlled hatting. Theyre a lil too fast paced. Try changing them a lil, more open in between the hats.

I really think overall that this is a err, what to say... "wonderful" track to listen to. Really nice tune and all, now finalize it xP
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 26, 2008 01:35 AM
Quote from: crabarmsif you do I might use it.
I go there looking for audio that hasn't been used.

If I do what?

Quote from: MRat
Quote from: SHADOWFOX2Unforunately, I've never played it...

Question. I'm sure nobody here really goes to NG for the audio, and that's kinda what I do, so I wanted to ask if any of you wanted me to put my music on here sometime?


I go to NG Audio all the time. I love surfing it, especially since the resdesign. It used to be such a hassle before.

Oh, this I did not know. Well I have at least 5 things on the Audio Portal. Suprisingly, all of 'em have been above a 4 so far...

Quote from: HammiWow. I like this. Better than my music. Something id love having repeat on when im out. And yeah, it does remind me of some racing game. Well, as a calm relaxed menu type music, it would fit. But the hatting at the start though, i think you should have more space in there, more controlled hatting. Theyre a lil too fast paced. Try changing them a lil, more open in between the hats.

I really think overall that this is a err, what to say... "wonderful" track to listen to. Really nice tune and all, now finalize it xP

Hmm...hatting you say. Well, I kinda like it the way it is, but I may change it up just a tad. But yeah, this is supposed to be a fast piece of music, but it has its calm parts as well. I...guess it could pass off as menu music because fo the lack of drums and stuff...Also, I do have like little maraccas in there too. I call 'em shakers. I have a lot of those in there. Finalizing is the problem. Inbetween college work and stuff, it's very hard. Plus, I've gotta think hard about the right sounds to put in it. I don't wanna just throw something together? I want this to be...me ya know? I've got a heck of a lot of stuff I haven't finished yet. Tons even. I just don't feel comfortable submitting half done stuff on here, especially if it's music. I think Flash/Art Upload as more of a...visual art upload, where it's ok to upload sketches of stuff...but yeah I've got all of my finished stuff at NG if you wanna take a look one day...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: KingDavid on January 26, 2008 03:43 AM
i rly like it
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on January 28, 2008 07:33 AM
Sweet. I've already got a bunch of ideas I'm workin' on. A couple are all original, and others are remixes of other music. As of now, I'm doing a hip-hop version of Guile's theme from Street Fighter.

Oh, and crabarms, nobody's used my stuff yet for NG, but King Flying Banana will be used on an upcoming project by my friend. Feel free to use any of 'em you see fit though seriously.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Hammi on January 28, 2008 07:41 AM
Quote from: SHADOWFOX2Sweet. I've already got a bunch of ideas I'm workin' on. A couple are all original, and others are remixes of other music. As of now, I'm doing a hip-hop version of Guile's theme from Street Fighter.

Oh, and crabarms, nobody's used my stuff yet for NG, but King Flying Banana will be used on an upcoming project by my friend. Feel free to use any of 'em you see fit though seriously.

Nice a hip-hop version of Guile. Thatd be very cool. Im gettin kinda tired of listening to OC Remixes for a while. Could use some fresh stuffs xP
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on February 9, 2008 05:25 AM
Hey everyone. I've decided that I shouldn't keep making new topics for all these samples, so from now on, I'm putting all of my unfinished work here, and putting my finished works in the topic I put for Boogie Remix.

What I'm about to submit now is half done. I was thinking of Freetown in the sunset k? It's called Mischievous Fusion, named because of the similarities of both Mischievous Boy from Jet Grind Radio, and teh Fuzion Frenzy theme (I believe). Hopefully, with me catching up to schoolwork and stuff, I can get to finishing this stuff!
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Crabarms on February 9, 2008 08:56 AM
sounds good so far.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on February 9, 2008 07:25 PM
Hey thanks
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on March 2, 2008 06:54 PM
My unfinished version of Balloon Fight...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: sQueef on March 2, 2008 07:15 PM
I'll just say that most of it sounds really good, I don't know anything about making audio so yeah it's not like I can give you any tips or anything

oh I love the baloon duel remix
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: bcube on March 2, 2008 07:30 PM
I cant hear the music ._.
it wont open for me  
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on March 2, 2008 07:49 PM
Quote from: SqueefI'll just say that most of it sounds really good, I don't know anything about making audio so yeah it's not like I can give you any tips or anything

oh I love the baloon duel remix

Well, if there's something that just doens't sound right to you, feel free to let me know. I don't think you have to make music to know fi something's wrong with it lol. I know that guy get a little repetitive, so I'm going to mix that up a bit. Planning on putting one of those DJ scratching things in so I can freestyyyyyle haha.

Quote from: BizzareCubeI cant hear the music ._.
it wont open for me  

Umm...it worked for me. I just clicked it, a tba window opened up, and it played on my WMP. What's wrong?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: bcube on March 2, 2008 08:00 PM
Quote
Quote from: BizzareCubeI cant hear the music ._.
it wont open for me  

Umm...it worked for me. I just clicked it, a tba window opened up, and it played on my WMP. What's wrong?


I don't know... My MWP keeps saying an error occurs. but the cause of error is different everytime
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: Halcion on March 2, 2008 08:57 PM
reminds me of the playstation one games music, ambient-ish. Nice, you submit stuff to audio portal?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on March 2, 2008 08:58 PM
Oh...well if you have AIM, I could always send it to you that way if you'd like. I'm not sure how else I could help...

To Halcion: I have 5 things on NG as of now. I'm using A LOT of space putting my finished stuff here, so I might replace those with links from Newgrounds...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: bcube on March 2, 2008 08:59 PM
Quote from: SHADOWFOX2Oh...well if you have AIM, I could always send it to you that way if you'd like. I'm not sure how else I could help...

I'll send you an inbox message then (=
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: GRINACE on March 2, 2008 09:40 PM
I have aim...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on March 2, 2008 10:20 PM
Haha me too. For some reason, she couldn't download it from here, so I sent it to her through AIM
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on March 13, 2008 04:12 AM
Remember Chocolate Rain?
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on May 1, 2008 01:16 PM
To those who are interested, I'm making music at an extremely slow pace because I get a lot of ideas. I start these ideas, but I don't think it through enough to finish it. I've actually got over 30 pieces that I haven't finished yet, and this worries me. So anyways, I figured I'd keep those who're interested updated with some stuff I've been working on...

First up is Blizzard Highway, a re-done version of Frappe Snowland from Mario Kart 64.
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on May 1, 2008 01:38 PM
One of those ideas I've mentioned before came from a topic rtilllllllll here
http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2270 (http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2270)
I mentioned that I thought about doing it, and now I've started...I'm just gonna do some more changes before I submit it here
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on May 1, 2008 07:36 PM
...bam!...ok...oh, it's bigger than the max single upload size.

Ok, this one's gonna be lower quality then...
Title: Half of something I'm working on...
Post by: SHADOWFOX2 on May 1, 2008 10:30 PM
Mmk, I think these last two loops will be the last for now, 'cause my attachment space is juat about filled, so no more new things until I can finish these...

Straight from Brawl,
I'm attempting at a hip-hop(?) version of Sonic's victory music,
And a...umm...it may be...trance? I'm not sure, but it's Snake's victory music...