Recent posts

Entertainment / The Videogame Industry is goin...
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 8, 2024 01:59 AM
Tango Gameworks and Arkane Austin are dead, and the layoffs and studio killing Is only getting worst. what a time to be alive.

Moral of the story: Never, NEVER, celebrate corporate fusions and acquisitions, ever.

You cannot view this attachment.
Little Illustration made by myself based In the closure of Arkane Austin and the fate of the Prey IP
Hot dog! oh wait...
The Gallery / My art
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 6, 2024 02:52 AM
I want to show my art here because, why not?

A POOTIS ENGAGE Fanart, my most popular piece.

A Left 4 Dead/Plants Vs Zombies mash-up

A Mr. Valve fanart on paper I made In late high school which Is a remake of a previous one

(The old one)

An OC fanart I made for a mutual on Newgrounds

A Half-Life tribute art made for the 25th anniversary of the game. (pretty clear I'm a Valve fan lol)

Commissioned artwork of Mari Makinami and Nico Robin doing arm wrestling, and Robin Is not playing fair.

A D&D request I got on Discord.

Original Character of mine, her name Is Ruby. this artwork was made for this lunar year. 

the inflatable fun house / Re: last person to post in thi...
Last post by ansel - May 6, 2024 02:47 AM
sike  :atta:
General / Re: Tell me about the lore of ...
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 6, 2024 02:02 AM
So basically saying that TheBackAlleys and Newgrounds are simply related It's an understatement. It was truly more.
Entertainment / Re: stars of the lid dream / a...
Last post by ansel - May 6, 2024 01:44 AM
this is debatably "ambient" but it's soothing & mysterious
personal favorite track is "WR" at 10:20

Last post by rtil - May 6, 2024 01:32 AM
it was extremely chaotic and i wouldn't have had it any other way but i am also glad it's over and we're all grown up and mature now (sorta)
Last post by ansel - May 6, 2024 01:28 AM
Quote from: rtil on May  4, 2024 11:52 PMoh man, this is a good question actually. i'll have to collect my thoughts on it first. i haven't thought about it in a while. the wayback machine can give you some snapshots of this sites' history in the meantime.

if you have the time i would be interested to read rtil's tba history. i have lots of memories/stories but idk how to put them in context

tl;dr in the flash glory days great minds of newgrounds congregated here to talk shit, collaborate & discuss the meta. chaos reigned
Last post by cipher - May 5, 2024 01:11 AM
Quote from: rtil on May  4, 2024 11:52 PMoh man, this is a good question actually. i'll have to collect my thoughts on it first. i haven't thought about it in a while. the wayback machine can give you some snapshots of this sites' history in the meantime.

Yeah not that I'm the best person to go into details, but I wouldn't even know where to start. I do think having some sort of understanding of early Newgrounds culture (and the counter-cultures within that sphere) would be needed to get going..
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 5, 2024 12:30 AM

It's always fascinating to see the look of the old web, not only Alleys but also places like DeviantArt and Newgrounds (Newgrounds being the most visually appealing). I'm also got attracted to those old series projects I saw In the snapshots.