TBA v8: Progress & Updates Thread

Started by rtil, October 4, 2023 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

I'll be using this thread to keep everyone updated on my (slow) progress of re-building the site with NEW and IMPROVED code that i stole from the internet and SMASHED with a hammer to bend to my will.

first order of business: the NSFW bbcode is back! simply add a URL between [ nsfw ] and [ /nsfw ] and you are done - the tag will get the image dimensions automatically. have fun!

example:

🔞NSFW🔞

click to reveal

you can also @mention users in posts. a drop-down list of members will appear while typing. they will receive an alert when you do so.

if there are features you think are more important than others or ones that you miss from the old site, please let me know and i'll move them up my priority list. if you find any bugs or notice a problem, poke me here or on discord. i'll try to do at least one small project a week.

known bugs:

to-do list:
  • flash tag
  • new layout
  • restore top navigation bar
  • autoplay tag
  • funhouse restoration

BluPhoenix

perfect! now i can return to my degenerate ways on the art boards :wile:
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

nuac_

can u bring back flash.

adding ruffle to a page looks like this:
<script src="/ruffle/ruffle.js"></script>
or like

<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#FFFFFF" link="#0000FF" background="../../../_images/nexussplashBG.png">
<div align="CENTER"><table width="25%" border="1"><tr><td>
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0" width="350" height="300">
  <param name="movie" value="eCard.swf"> <param name=quality value=high>
  <embed src="eCard.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="300">
  </embed> </object></td></tr></table><br>
  .</div>

U just summon "ruffle.js" from the ruffle folder which has a bunch of scripts in it.

I was watching bits of polipetide from here and thought that'd be really cool instead of downloading every single swf for it

I'm not fussed so dont do it right away lol!!!!

you are a big,big pervert.You have unbridled fantasy!!!

BluPhoenix

yeah, i'd been using ruffle a bit on swfchan to play zone flashes watch homestar runner. outside of it lacking some AS3 support, it works pretty well
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

rtil

Quote from: nuac_ on October  5, 2023 12:28 AMcan u bring back flash.

adding ruffle to a page looks like this:
or like

<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#FFFFFF" link="#0000FF" background="../../../_images/nexussplashBG.png">
<div align="CENTER"><table width="25%" border="1"><tr><td>
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0" width="350" height="300">
  <param name="movie" value="eCard.swf"> <param name=quality value=high>
  <embed src="eCard.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="300">
  </embed> </object></td></tr></table><br>
  .</div>

U just summon "ruffle.js" from the ruffle folder which has a bunch of scripts in it.

I was watching bits of polipetide from here and thought that'd be really cool instead of downloading every single swf for it

ruffle seems to have pretty good documentation so this shouldn't be an issue. i'll look in to it.

Anonymous-Frog

Quote from: nuac_ on October  5, 2023 12:28 AMU just summon "ruffle.js" from the ruffle folder which has a bunch of scripts in it.

Same. I installed an extension for Ruffle, so even if the site didn't prompt Ruffle, the browser would.
That, and it lets you download SWF files (like those clips) in just two clicks.

rtil

Update: the mail service seems to be working again. Password recovery/alerts/PM emails, etc, should show up in your inbox now.

rtil

Attachments are now enabled. Most common formats should be supported. You can embed them in your posts. If the attachment is NSFW, you'll probably have to embed it, then get the URL, then change the tag, because embedding an attach tag inside an NSFW tag doesn't work. I might be able to figure that out, but in the meantime at least you can upload stuff here.

rtil

Been working on restoring autoplay/flash/audio tags and realized that back when i created these tags, browsers would happily autoplay just about anything without the user's permission. nowadays, that is not the case. that means that things like the legendary autoplay thread or the funhouse blasting earrape music probably won't work unless you have previously granted the websites' ability to do so. anything with swf or ruffle will probably always require pressing play first. times have changed  -_-

Stu4U

hey as long as i get to dl old files.

i feel like an archeologist visiting 15 yo threads. in a year dump will be old enough to get a drivers license.

rtil

Quote from: Stu4U on November  5, 2023 02:26 AM. in a year dump will be old enough to get a drivers license.
now why'd you have to go and say that  :duckseason: