Recent posts

Entertainment / Re: The Videogame Industry is ...
Last post by Dr. DiegO - Today at 12:41 AM
Another thing that worries me about the rise of the Live-Service Model Is preservation. playing and keeping games will get very difficult In the future and not all of them will get the luck of having a workaround. just take a look of Overwatch, Game Of The Year 2016 that somehow manage to won over Doom Is now Impossible to play now.
Last post by rtil - Yesterday at 10:24 PM
i think it really just depends on what kind of games you like to play. i don't think mainline sports games and franchises like call of duty will ever escape the live service model - too many people who play them only play those games and don't know any better or really care enough to change their habits as consumers. on the other side of the spectrum you have completely independent developers who may not even have a publisher and put games out there that you can download and play freely wherever or whenever, and then everything else inbetween.
Last post by Dr. DiegO - Yesterday at 04:35 AM
Quote from: Jon on Yesterday at 02:50 AMi feel like there are more good indie games than ever

The Independent sector Is where the future lies In.
The Backalleys / Re: TBA v8: Progress & Updates...
Last post by rtil - Yesterday at 03:23 AM
i am currently working on a new forum theme , first priority will just be making it "dark mode" like the site always was for now. the css file is rather huge so it may take a while. i'll make it default when it is at least readable.
Last post by Jon - Yesterday at 02:50 AM
i feel like there are more good indie games than ever
General / Re: music thread 2.1
Last post by Jon - May 10, 2024 06:24 AM
currently amazed by this sun ra song that sounds exactly like a 90s pc game that every single one of us has played before

General / Re: Videogame OSTs that are si...
Last post by nuac_ - May 10, 2024 05:46 AM
Quote from: Dr. DiegO on May 10, 2024 01:29 AMI love to hear a good soundtrack In a videogame, but sometimes I manage to found OSTs that are just beautiful. one of them are Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil. a couple of particular songs come to my mind when I remember this game.

Do you have other pieces you want to share?

These aren't bad, I didn't play Beyond Good and Evil. thx for that  B)
General / Re: Videogame OSTs that are si...
Last post by nuac_ - May 10, 2024 05:45 AM
These probably won't sound as stunning cuz they were made in the psx era in 1999.
Saga 2 is probably one of the better soundtracks from that period
It's a combination of heavy piano and ambient techno beats (sorta).
It sounds like "typical rpg music" to most today, but back then no one had heard anything like it; most stuff before it were pseudo-orchestral crap. The soundtrack listing is in german on purpose; the composer was born in germany to japanese parents. People tend to overlook this one because while the story wasn't that bad, the gameplay and series progression staple-- wasn't very good (e.g. casting spell several times to learn a new one).

Some of Unlimited Saga's music was alright too, but the game was also arguably shit. Like if stronger numbers are the worst game mechanic, then a game without those numbers but with the same amount of hours needed is worse. idk
General / Videogame OSTs that are simply...
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 10, 2024 01:29 AM
I love to hear a good soundtrack In a videogame, but sometimes I manage to found OSTs that are just beautiful. one of them are Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil. a couple of particular songs come to my mind when I remember this game.

Do you have other pieces you want to share?
General / Re: how nostalgic are you?
Last post by Dr. DiegO - May 10, 2024 01:14 AM
It's... difficult for me to put this on words since I'm not very good with that, but I kind of miss my high-school days, when I was taking being an artist seriously and start to lean to myself alongside my friends alongside the authentic Interaction between people, communities, and creators in the mid and late 2010's, at least for me. they were not perfect, of course, but there was something special about those times, specially when you really start for the first time to navigate thru the web and Interact with others.