The kids are all right

Started by shura, July 31, 2010 03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

shura

just got back from seeing this movie. It has the most impressive acting i've seen all year. its also brilliantly funny. probably better for an older crowd imo
its about a lesbian couple who had 2 children together and the kids secretly find out who their biological father is.
It also has a 96% on rotten tomatoes. its weird because i've heard zero publicity for this movie. anyone else see it?
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012141-kids_are_all_right/

spite


Sapphire

Ah, I saw the previews for this. I might go check it out next week. It looked really good.

shura

no, its not a chick flick. If you liked Little Miss Sunshine, you'll like this movie. its got that same kind of awkward dysfunctional family humor and very "real" feeling acting an dialogue.

the reason why i said its better for an older crowd is because there is a lot of nudity, gay/lesbian sex scenes, and uh, stuff idk.
its a really good movie. rotten tomatoes gave it a 96

rtil

i heard about it briefly, i can't even remember where. probably from a local film festival

spite

Quote from: shurano, its not a chick flick.

Ah okay.  That font and stock-ish photo threw me off.
I loved little miss sunshine so I'll check this out.  Probably when a screener or something gets released

shura

Quote from: rtili heard about it briefly, i can't even remember where. probably from a local film festival

yeah its an independent film. won an award in the sundance film festival

emanhattan

it looks alright. for some reason I tought it would be a really lame-ass comedy/drama thing but Ill give it a closer look if I can