Cartoons changing your life

Started by Miro, August 29, 2007 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Miro

When I was like 8, I saw that episode of rugrats where Angela gets Stu's voice changer and makes all those phone calls,
but yea, at the end, where she's eating flan with grandpa because she ordered like.. 5,000 flan cups

That episode so got me into flan, and even like 8 years later, I still eat it and yea
thank you Rugrats

life changing cartoons?

rtil

#1
hmm
changed my life it's possible but maybe i just don't know it
subconsciously or things like that
however a lot of animations/animators inspire me to work harder
i'd say probably the cartoon that has influenced me the most is spirited away
and if i can't choose a movie then probably the powerpuff girls

redmongoose

Quote from: Inaxisdo u have a problem, bastard?!

Blordow


Thuberbaer

The Rugrats probably influenced me the most, as well.
I also tried flan, and prank calling a few delivery services/ambulances after watching that episode at around age 7.

Just about every cartoon I've watched has influenced me in some way, subconsciously...

- When I was 5, Dexter's Lab made me interested in "science" - which soon led to a series of self-made experiments that piqued my interest in art.
Dexter's Lab and The Rugrats also made me interested in making flipbook animations and comic books.
- Samurai Jack got me into eating seaweed and raw fish - which I still eat from time to time.
- The dialogue in The Fairly Odd Parents greatly affected my style of speaking at age 9 or 10.
- Hamtaro had a slight influence on my drawing style at some point in 2003.
- Scattered Flash on Newgrounds affected my view of the world, beginning from around age 10.

Those are only a few of the effects which I was most aware of, though.
.

Necronomitr0n

When I was little I only remember watching dbz
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

psi43

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, cuz itz anime xD. Actually, I really like that show and I hate it at the same time because it made everything so fucking uninteresting for me, I just don't know what to do anymore. In that anime there's this girl that wants to find aliens or some shit, and she made a little speech where she said everything is really uninteresting because everybody has done it already.

So I thought, that is kind of true. Even though it sounds really dumb and I didn't think about it at first, everything became less and less interesting and now I don't know anything that would really be interesting anymore. The internet? So fucking lame, really.

I also want to announce that I will be leaving the internet for a half year, at the end of this week.
I will still talk to some people like rtil, anigen and taylor. But probably just on weekends.

anigentleman

miro has made his first smash hit of a thread on TBA

i dont have any life changing cartoons fuk ur ass

jebxz

akira..
as for tv shows dexterslab