MarcK's Thread

Started by MarcK, November 30, 2009 05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

|

MarcK

#60
faces are so delicate though! D:
thanks shida!

emanhattan

Quote from: MarcKThank you.
And yeah, I love that poster.

Necronomitr0n

cool story/bump bro
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

MarcK

I wish I had shit to post in here aside from shitty sketches. :<

MarcK

Now I have something to post!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1j8bIGJ0Y
My demo reel from 2007 to now excluding Lychgate and Twilight Surface because of technical issues and they weren't that important.

Made for an entry of qualification into the cinema major at Edinboro also a small job opportunity at Aniboom Virtual Studio.

MarcK

#65
first animation 2 assignment: ball bounce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1IsWzgpzME
edit: i got a C hmm okay time to revise it

MarcK


shura

#67
looks good. the ball in the first vid looked kinda too squishy to be a basketball. why did your teacher give you a C?

MarcK

#68
Thanks! the squash and stretch were water ballooney, the spacing had some issues, and all the bounces had a constant duration. :/

emanhattan

#69
I can see whats wrong with the first bouncy ball video

The revised version does feel a bit weird tho. I think the ball descends way too fast between each bounce. almost looks like if a force greater than gravity was pulling it towards the ground

however you seem to have overcome most of your errors in the second vid. nice improvements

MarcK

I see what you mean. one or two more frames in the descent should make it better. I think that's what made it feel a bit awkward when I watched it. Thank eman!

MarcK

This one took way longer than expected
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dj4JjogAng
It's from a downward angle. I think without specifying that it could be confusing. What do you guys think?

Crabarms

I know its supposed to be from a downward angle but it sorta looks off.
It look like it's wobbling around in a circular motion but really if it was dropped it should be pretty steady on left - right.(unless you intended it to be sort of thrown)
The ball's size sorta looks too small when its first dropped and maybe the string's length is confusing me.
I don't know man just trying to help.

MarcK

#73
I wouldn't know how to see this animation at any other angle. I try but hmm I can't see it :/. The ball definitely could be bigger at the beginning. Thanks Crabarms!
edit: oh great another C

emanhattan

#74
Try to watch a real pendulum's motion for something like this.
I think the first issue with it is that you didnt reduce the size of the ball enough when it is going up the first time
the second issue is your spacing. Some of the "cushioning" frames could use better spacing. or probably some more frames
you still have that problem where it feels like if a force greater than gravity PULLS the thing towards the bottom.
you feel me bro?

rtil

Quote from: bad topicyou feel me bro?

MarcK

thanks eman i wubyou

So as I've probably told you guys, Rappy McRapperson approached me daran and said hes co-producing the new Wing album, and needs music videos for it. He asked me to do one for Safe Party Happy ending, one of the 2 singles on the album and half the title of the album, while my roommate does a beyonce cover. The project's due january 28th. I'm doing it in flash. the song is about 3 stories of unsafe parties going horribly wrong for 3 characters. The first story is what im animating for my animation final this semester (due december 15th but im doing more than it by then). A girl get's ****ed up while retaliating an affair with her boyfriend at a drunken party.

I got my new intuos4 large tablet the other day and pirated artrage 3 pro, so now i guess im ready to do some sketches on the computer. I only came up with one tonight that I found publishable: the main character (one of 3 characters) of the first story. The first drawing is her approaching to physically assult a much larger muscular woman, the second is my thought of what would be the result. I like the first but the second doesnt feel very right because i rushed it a little because its almost 5 now holy shit time for bed



I'll post some updates as i go along

lenko

needs more cyan spirals


just kidding it looks alright. but i'm guessing she's a teenager or something, maybe make her arm a bit longer
<emanhattan> i remember pingu ice cream
<emanhattan> it was a better time
<emanhattan> when the penguins were cold and delicious
<emanhattan> and i knew i was gonna be
<emanhattan> consequence free

MarcK

spirals? I just have bad line quality

lenko

that was me mocking myself woops
<emanhattan> i remember pingu ice cream
<emanhattan> it was a better time
<emanhattan> when the penguins were cold and delicious
<emanhattan> and i knew i was gonna be
<emanhattan> consequence free

|