art thread

Started by psi43, December 7, 2008 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

|

psi43

Quote from: Sashurais the boy supposed to be cross-eyed?

YES HE IS

Kött

I dunno... some elements, parts and proportions look really professional while others look very noobish...
I like your art but there often are small details that make your works look weird...
Example: The left eyebrow of Malc2olm.jpg (viewer's perspective) should not be smalle, but rather bigger than the right one (since it's closer to the point of view).
The left pupil is not in the center of the iris (which also looks a little oval). Detail, again... but it really takes the aesthetic of the picture.
The nose looks horrible because you didn't shade it, but rtil has already mentioned that... I really like Hellraiser's nose, tho!

Other than that, your works are really nice... maybe you should start to work with sketches a little more... it really helps on finding the right proportions, especially for the details you tend to ruin...
:3

psi43

I do sketch but I don't post them.

And there is shading on the nose but my scanner ignores it cause it's too light, gay.

But yeah you're generally right about what you say.

Kött

Well, maybe sketching wasn't quite the word that describes what I am talking about or I just got you wrong... by sketching I mean sketch what you want to draw (in a light, gay way your scanner will ignore anyway) before drawing the actual lines and contoures... because it kinda looks like you were drawing each line directly. Don't be afraid of trying it, the sketches are a great guide and won't be visible anymore after shading it anyway.
:3

psi43

oh I do that, too. I just draw hard lines for the scanner to acknowledge them.

lenko

you can usually muck about in photoshop to bring faint lines out
<emanhattan> i remember pingu ice cream
<emanhattan> it was a better time
<emanhattan> when the penguins were cold and delicious
<emanhattan> and i knew i was gonna be
<emanhattan> consequence free

|