A Scanner Darkly

Started by trent bortknob, February 25, 2007 06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trent bortknob

WATCH IT

dilly

oh, I remember seeing the commercials for this movie. I loved how it look, but was mad once I found out it was rated R...

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

RobjaFalu

Quote from: dillybaroh, I remember seeing the commercials for this movie. I loved how it look, but was mad once I found out it was rated R...

You must be under 17. Or mormon.

I saw that movie, really really great.

dilly

Yes, I have the mormon power over water.

George Bush ain't the cause of Katrina, ya know

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

Eruanne

What topic?

Oh, and Katrina was because I farted on that ocean liner. Sorry guys.

 

RobjaFalu

That in itself was off topic.


rotoshop is partly made out of flash and illustrator i learned. They sort of compiled their own vector based program that resembles flash but has the tools of illustrator.

Keanu is still boring, even in a cartoonistic world

dilly

Yeah, I'll agree with Keanu...

I don't think he'll ever act after The Lake House...

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

rtil

just watched the trailer, looks interesting, although i don't understand why they would spend so many man-hours just vectorizing over film.

RobjaFalu

That director just loves to rotoscope. all his films are rotoscoped. Its more of an artist statement in my opinion. He can also add a hole bunch of shit without going over budget like exploding something or the scanner suits in the film. just animate it and your done, no extra funding going

yes

i didnt hear anythin but i loved it.
ggg wow

RichChap

It made the film have a unique style, and thus, caught people's attention because it looks really really cool.

Sorta like when they made Zelda Wind waker all cell shaded, it caught people's attention that way. And it looks really really cool. Might not be worth it, but still, it looks really really cool.

rtil

cel-shaded motion is pretty cool, but i don't see the point if you're going to put on five billion layers of tones when the point is to be minimalistic in that sense. sure you have the hard values but you lose it when there's too many. i've never seen animated cel shading pulled off as well as the first game that did it, jet set radio

Vincent

now that I thinkk about it, Jet Set Radio kinda reminds me of project freetown

rtil

a lot of people say that. early on it was heavily influenced by it, but i feel like i have drifted away from the style a lot. though there are skates and headsets aplenty, they serve a very seperate purpose from those in jet set radio.