What parts need more info?

Started by Halcion, February 28, 2008 02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

topcatyo

#20
Found the Wikipedia article, I'll change it now.

EDIT::
Tried to change it, but it wouldn't let me :(
Something about a spam filter?
Oh well.  Rtil, if I send you the .txt, could you add the Clockcrew article for me?  It's already formatted for Wikipedia because, as I said before, it's the old CC wikipedia article before it got deleted.


UPDATE:: Added a tutorial for copy and movie frames.  It's probably shit, I don't know much about making Wikipedia articles myself, so if someone wants to expand/reorganize it in a way that makes sense to people other than me, please do.
I'm awesome.

sQueef

#21
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: SqueefI feel like a douche for not being able to help on anipedia. Really I do, I try, but I just can't use Wiki-formatting it's so gay. Sorry for sucking! ha ha ha!! happy easter
if wiki formatting is too gay for you, it does allow some html markup. so hopefully , by whatever standards you judge markup conventions and how gay they are, perhaps html will be less of a faggy experience for you.
Thanks for the informative fuckery!! The other problem is, I'm not a professional and you're standards for every given page are ridiculous so... Maybe I could provide some tips on ... oh wait everything I'm good at there are tons of people out there that are way better.

also it's not really the wiki shit I guess because I mean you've provided all the info on how to use it on your talk page or whatever. It's just that why bother since anything I make would never touch your standards.

:edit:
oh and i'm not trying to mock you or the way you run your shit or something, I understand full well why you would only want concise and clear/good information for your wiki.
Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.

rtil

i wouldn\\\'t call them ridiculous. it\\\'s only a matter of adding a few brackets, dashes or asteriks in certain places.

Quote from: topcatyoFound the Wikipedia article, I\\\'ll change it now.

EDIT::
Tried to change it, but it wouldn\\\'t let me :(
Something about a spam filter?
Oh well.  Rtil, if I send you the .txt, could you add the Clockcrew article for me?  It\\\'s already formatted for Wikipedia because, as I said before, it\\\'s the old CC wikipedia article before it got deleted.


UPDATE:: Added a tutorial for copy and movie frames.  It\\\'s probably shit, I don\\\'t know much about making Wikipedia articles myself, so if someone wants to expand/reorganize it in a way that makes sense to people other than me, please do.
the spam filter blocked it because you used a word my spam filter blocks. i knew this would happen eventually, but spam is a HUGE problem on anipedia and sometimes what really isn\\\'t spam is blocked.

but when you try to save your edit, it should tell you what exact word blocked your edit. can you tell me what it is?

topcatyo

Quote from: rtili wouldn't call them ridiculous. it's only a matter of adding a few brackets, dashes or asteriks in certain places.

Quote from: topcatyoFound the Wikipedia article, I'll change it now.

EDIT::
Tried to change it, but it wouldn't let me :(
Something about a spam filter?
Oh well.  Rtil, if I send you the .txt, could you add the Clockcrew article for me?  It's already formatted for Wikipedia because, as I said before, it's the old CC wikipedia article before it got deleted.


UPDATE:: Added a tutorial for copy and movie frames.  It's probably shit, I don't know much about making Wikipedia articles myself, so if someone wants to expand/reorganize it in a way that makes sense to people other than me, please do.
the spam filter blocked it because you used a word my spam filter blocks. i knew this would happen eventually, but spam is a HUGE problem on anipedia and sometimes what really isn't spam is blocked.

but when you try to save your edit, it should tell you what exact word blocked your edit. can you tell me what it is?
promo
I'm awesome.

rtil

okay, i removed the word 'promo' from the spam filter. try again
if you ever run into this problem again, try replacing the word with something else

topcatyo

Quote from: rtilokay, i removed the word 'promo' from the spam filter. try again
if you ever run into this problem again, try replacing the word with something else
Thanks, Clockcrew article is now big and extensive
I'm awesome.

FG_SPace

this isn't really on topic but it didn't warrant a new one, but you've got two Straight Ahead, pose to pose topics in animation

adamant

how is an article about the clock crew gonna help someone get better at animating?

and better yet:
"Anipedia is an art and animation encyclopedia on thebackalleys."

that's funny, i don't see any real emphasis on arts other than animation

rtil

#28
well excuse me ant but i can't sit around all day and write articles. i'm working on it as fast as i can, and i'm starting from square one . most people go there for animation advice so that's where i'm building currently. also there is a section on the animation community, and the clock crew is part of the animation community. if you're going to bitch about anipedia but not offer any real help towards the project then don't even bother saying anything. i'm only one person and no one else is really helping me build the project.

GRINACE

I would help but idk that much on animation or flash...ecept the flashy stuff (no pun inteneded)...

wps

I'd like to compliment whoever wrote the w-p-s article, it's quite neat
Quote from: KingDavidWPS you are really immature, RTIL is a nice normal guy and i'm not kissing his ass either - he's earned his title, and that's my opinion. Why the fuck would you join RTIL's forum if you had a problem with him and his society? I thought you left besides, yes you have talent but that doesn't give you the right to be an arrogant prick - i don't even care if you're joking.
Quote from: deadSTARI'm allowed to be a hypocrite, I'm better than you wps.
Quote from: taylorseriously wps and sinister are the most annoying people on the forums next to like yungjazz and mindchamber

every post by wps is elitist shit in all caps and telling people that they suck
Quote from: f0dwps and sinister are gay with all their hateful shit
Quote from: naruto102get the fuck out of here wps we don't like you
QuotePigletsMemories says:
Your art may be good, but you're still a complete, senseless asshole.

rtil

it was written by a fellow named "WPS" on November 25th. he must be a swell guy!

wps

WPS? oh fuck

not that guy

he's been kissing my ass all day long ):
Quote from: KingDavidWPS you are really immature, RTIL is a nice normal guy and i'm not kissing his ass either - he's earned his title, and that's my opinion. Why the fuck would you join RTIL's forum if you had a problem with him and his society? I thought you left besides, yes you have talent but that doesn't give you the right to be an arrogant prick - i don't even care if you're joking.
Quote from: deadSTARI'm allowed to be a hypocrite, I'm better than you wps.
Quote from: taylorseriously wps and sinister are the most annoying people on the forums next to like yungjazz and mindchamber

every post by wps is elitist shit in all caps and telling people that they suck
Quote from: f0dwps and sinister are gay with all their hateful shit
Quote from: naruto102get the fuck out of here wps we don't like you
QuotePigletsMemories says:
Your art may be good, but you're still a complete, senseless asshole.