i did it

Started by rtil, October 2, 2023 04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

after 3+ years of me not fixing the forum i finally did it

unfortunately the forum software was so goddamn old that the only way to do this meant sacrificing the old theme, so everything looks very default now

if there's any interest in actually using the forum i think it would be fun to re-shape it into something more unique, but we'll see

obviously part of the reason why i didn't bother for so long was that we've all long since moved on to discord, but i know a lot of people (including myself) have many fond (or horrible) memories here, which is why i made it a point to keep all the posts intact

speaking of which, there's probably a lot of broken images, missing avatars, autoplays/swfs don't work anymore, etc etc. i can't do much about that if they are not hosted here. but all things considered, i'm pretty happy that the upgrade worked without anything exploding.

nuac_

you are a big,big pervert.You have unbridled fantasy!!!

rtil

Quote from: nuac_ on October  2, 2023 07:51 AMyatta \o/
fuck i was gonna give you a pizza point but they're fucking GONE REEEEEEEEEE
first order of business is restoring pizza points

BluPhoenix

hell, it's about time
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

Void

"Tonight on Ancient Mysteries: Lost texts unearthed; A forum brought back from the dead. What secrets do they hold? What sort of lolcats are buried within? Join us, in our decent into

The Back Alleys

"

rtil

rtil

just a heads up something is wrong with the email service atm so if you need to recover your password or something you probably won't get an email. you can message me on discord to reset it manually in the meantime

MealGin

rtil

Quote from: MealGin on October  2, 2023 04:08 PM
first yoinky sploinky on TheBackAlleys Forum Official (certified)

rtil

update: removed ICQ and Skype profile fields (lol) and replaced with Discord and Steam

any suggestions welcome, plenty to do

ansel

Quote from: Factoryshut up you skinny white ugly prick

rtil

:science: discordlets wish they could have emojis this big

Void

Here's a shitty userstyle to darken the forums while we wait for God to bless us.

If it breaks anything, rant and rave at your postman, he'll know what to do.

ansel

old links are broken cause the url format changed - if u click some shit &  get sent back to the homepage, check the link and manually type in the url w the thread number like this:

OLD http://thebackalleys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12345
NEW http://thebackalleys.com/forum/index.php/topic,12345.0.html

and ya done ;)

Quote from: Factoryshut up you skinny white ugly prick

systech

backalleys boomers........... we're so fucking back

:goomba:  :dollman:  :kirb:  :science:

:heatmiser:  :snowmiser:
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

rtil

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN  :foghorn:

naturally

Stu4U

Quote from: rtil on October  2, 2023 04:17 AMi know a lot of people (including myself) have many fond (or horrible) memories here, which is why i made it a point to keep all the posts intact

w

Paw

dis > discord

redmongoose

Quote from: Inaxisdo u have a problem, bastard?!