FCC votes end Net Neutrality

Started by Bamyasi, December 15, 2017 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamyasi

nuac_

you are a big,big pervert.You have unbridled fantasy!!!

Bamyasi

TikoTron

I have 9 fetishes and a lot of image macros I never had the chance to post but long gone cause I'm an unorganized swine

[spoiler]also I'll miss you all ;_;
and fingers crossed if congress or the supreme/federal court can counter this vote and my state NY congressman Sean Maloney to pass a bill called "Save Net Neutrality Act"(HR4585)[/spoiler]
❤ ❤ ❤ Waifu Locker Wall ❤ ❤ ❤

MyAnimeList - - - Instagram - - - Twitter - - - Tumblr

cipher

[YOU MUST HAVE OUR PREMIUM INTERNET PACKAGE TO VIEW THIS COMMENT]

Stu4U

i like how every president tries to undo what the previous president did over the last 8 years so no progress is made.

SrsSam77

My last words for the previous era is that I'm happy that ISPs and large orwellian companies like facebook and discord will actually be forced, as best as possible, to respect my privacy and data from now on; and that ISPs will get the slamdown if they try to interfere with my access to services. I'm also happy the FCC decided to be smart and have a provision that allows them to literally walk back to the old rules whenever it is deemed necessary, whenever they want.
Being in the group to have a good, non-knee jerk understanding and not being swept up in corporation shilled, reddit-ladden mass hysteria is a good feel.

Stu4U

you do realize that those large corporate companies wont be able to look into other people's privacy because those people wont even be able to use the websites provided by said companies right? they cant interfere with their users because there will be no users to to even interfere with except for that top 1 percent who can pay for access. granted i am relieved that the FCC can go back to older rules instead of razing everything so the next president doesn't have to spend his entire period undoing it.

btw the word "shill" is quickly rising up to be in my list of top 10 hated words™ since the people who use that word are pretty much doing the exact same thing when they advertise the thing they are supporting.

Bamyasi

Quote from: SrsSam77 on December 17, 2017 09:11 AM
Being in the group to have a good, non-knee jerk understanding and not being swept up in corporation shilled, reddit-ladden mass hysteria is a good feel.
http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/general/tpp-for-my-bunghole/

TikoTron

So far anyone else besides me experiencing any throttling? the plan I pay for promises 100mbps and understandable I'm on wifi because it's too much work to wire a cable to my pc so average speeds I would get are around 70mbps~. Now today it barely touches 15mbps and suppossibly a sales rep at a TWC Spectrum location during last week of November said our speeds will upgrade to 200mbps with no extra cost some time during the December bill cycle. This had me confused if it was true when I heard it. My equipment at home are healthy and according to TWC they're healthy too with strong 'connection'. Full bars but slow speeds, it has already begone  O_O

soup

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

TikoTron

soup

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

rtil

starting in 2018 TBA will be part of your ISP's $5 Shitposting Package