hawka-loogie

Started by Stu4U, April 4, 2017 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu4U

Crabarms

Could be worse honestly most games that try to hype themselves with nostalgia have less than half the effort put in from what can be seen. 
At the very least it didn't look like a flop from the beginning compared to Mighty no 9.

Dust

I could only watch 46 seconds.

Bamyasi

Quote from: Dust on April  4, 2017 12:42 PM
I could only watch 46 seconds.
Same.

Collect-a-thons are the worst genre of 32/64/128bit 3D nostalgiafaggotry anyway. It's like they tried riffing SM64 but had no idea what made it fun or memorable. Almost none of them hold up especially not DK64.

At the very least JonTron doesn't have critical obligations anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't touch this game anyway. Rareware revivals and their awfulness tend to speak for themselves.

Dust

What even are collect-a-thons?
We already collect things in most games do we need more? Where're my jump-a-thons or my walk-a-th-  nevermind.

soup

game stinks turn it off

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Bamyasi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfWqiCzCbw

This looks significantly cuter but I'll be fucked if it isn't exhibit A why dev teams with no competent writers need to hire them.

Quote from: WikipediaThe game follows the character of Hat Kid, a young girl that is capable of interstellar travel trying to get home. While going home, one of the Mafia from the game's Mafia town comes to collect 'flying boat tax' for their government. The Mafia man busts the spaceship door open and all of Hat Kid's ship fuel, or "time pieces", which have now been scattered all over the world. She's tasked with the goal of keeping time from being irrevocably broken and must accomplish this by way of collecting "time pieces" before the evil Mustache Girl can get her hands on them.
"Hat kid"? "Time pieces"? "Moustache girl"? Fucking seriously?

Stu4U

i never played a banjo kazoozie game or any kind of collectathon or rareware game, yet i was exited for this game like a fucking moron, probably because of the hype train and i was interested in trying out something like banjo. but then over time the devs started releasing horrid character designs and footage of empty levels with absolutely nothing in them. maybe the devs dont care since is essentially a clone leaching off nostalgia of a popular game, or maybe collectathons really are just outdated genres that we shouldn't ever come back to idk. but the worst part is that people are going to be throwing their money at this game anyway, and for the completely wrong reasons.

people are supporting this game because of an internet celebrity; they are supporting this game because someone they don't like lost his 20 second cameo for making an idiot out of himself instead of the actual gameplay itself.

its abysmal.

Stu4U

i mean look at this shit

i know rareware's style of characters are googly-eyed cartoon objects, but you'd think they'd be able to make better characters after like, what, 20 years?

rtil

there are also people supporting it because it's pretty much the same people who made banjo kazooie, so the people who always wanted another banjo game felt like this is was the 2nd best thing since microsoft never let it happen.

i've never played any of these games either, but judging from the trailer it looks like the gameplay hasn't evolved at all since its n64 roots, and instead of innovating they're just picking up where they left off however many years ago.

for some people that's probably good enough, but i agree with most people in that judging from the gameplay trailers it looks boring as hell.

Bamyasi

Christ Almighty they look like they're straight out of a Pixar mockbuster. File Bajo-Kazooie in the crypt with Megaman and Schafer adventure games. Wonder how Bloodstained will turn out.

Quote from: Stu4U on April  4, 2017 09:00 PM
people are supporting this game because of an internet celebrity; they are supporting this game because someone they don't like lost his 20 second cameo for making an idiot out of himself instead of the actual gameplay itself.
When people said "keep politics out of videogames" this is the kind of thing they were talking about. Unfortunately every GooberGater was too dumb to articulate scenarios like this.

Sorry gamers better stick with the classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bc5Qr2oPo4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuKmTNGmi54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC67qzaorvA

Also don't be so hard on yourself Stu some people were hyped for Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Mighty Number 9, FFXV, Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, etc.

systech

<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

Bamyasi

soup

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."