Blu's Sh!t

Started by BluPhoenix, January 16, 2014 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

|

BluPhoenix

after 18 trillion years, i have officially declared war on my sketchbook

and my tablet

if i dont start uploading things every week, i invite you to track me down and slap me square in the face
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

ExBerian

Quote from: BluPhoenix on January 16, 2014 12:59 AM
if i dont start uploading things every week, i invite you to track me down and slap me square in the face

Challenge accepted.

BluPhoenix

that reminds me, thank you for the bow tie! I'll make sure to post some non-kappa phoenix material with it soon
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you

ExBerian

Woot! That's the best type of non-kappa phoenix material!!!

zwimmy

epic simply epic :^)

naturally

despite zwimmy pointing out the silly looking man, that dayz (i think) sketch actually looks pretty good

BluPhoenix

Quote from: stusader on January 16, 2014 05:44 AM
despite zwimmy pointing out the silly looking man, that dayz (i think) sketch actually looks pretty good
i concede the fact that a majority of my sketches are done hastily, and mistakes/weird shit like that will happen occasionally

hopefully i'll get rid of that habit and learn to slow down.

and i'm actually surprised, nobody's guessed correctly what it was before!

edit: oh god the longer i look at it the worse it is help

rtil

you probably already know this but these drawings indicate a real lack of understanding of a lot of fundamentals. my first suggestion to you would be to stop trying such ambitious compositions and poses and start back at square one basics. in fact i wouldn't even be drawing the human figure at the moment. the first thing you need to work on is line quality. your lines are fuzzy, and you draw over the same stroke too many times. i would start with drawing basic 3d shapes in space so that you can begin to understand things like volume and form on a basic level. and sharpen your pencil. what are you drawing with/on?

BluPhoenix

all sketch work here was done on

with

a problem i've always had is that my hand is very light when it comes to strokes. i retained some teachings from younger days that left the impression of "if you don't draw firm lines well, use many smaller ones to take its place", needless to say, that's why the sketches look the way they are. my hand is very untrained when it comes to actual line work.

rtil

i mean like the brand of pencil and paper. i can't see what that says.
it's ok if you're light of hand, but avoid drawing the same line over and over. it is called chicken scratch and it's a result of overworking. you want your light strokes to be gestural, then you go back over it later with a solid line adding the detail.

BluPhoenix

ah, i see.

well, the pencils i use are just generic mechanical paper-mate 0.7mm, and the sketchbook is a 'canson' brand. i'm not seeing anything specific about the page texture, but the pages resemble something a step above your standard printing paper.

rtil

i'd recommend moving away from mechanical pencils and investing in some actual art pencils. prismas or tombows if you can. since you're light-handed i'd recommend anything 2b or higher (3b,4b,6b, etc)

BluPhoenix

i've been using a set of derwent soft graphic pencils for classwork, actually. i haven't bothered to upload anything from those particular assignments however, as the pages used are too big for my scanner, and i have no camera that takes anything in a decent resolution.

once i find a solution to that, i'll put those up asap.

zwimmy

Just draw more, you'll get there. All it takes is practice and patience.

rtil

drawing more is definitely good, but without any kind of application or study you can draw something 10,000 times and potentially never get any better.

zwimmy

he can figure it out, he's a smart kid

JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE

soup

i am not an old experienced art man yet so all i can say is

i think if you want to get better at drawing in general, take your sketchbook into town or on the train and draw from life

like people you meet, buildings, interesting compositions

then when you get really good at all that, you can start twisting perspectives, making up your own compositions and distorting proportions to create an interesting and stylised image/ way of drawing that suits you

<;^)

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

BluPhoenix

thank you for your critique, fellas. i'll try to make use of all of your advice and put forth some extra effort toward my drawings, and see if i can't knock loose some kinks in the days ahead.

I am looking for a son

you're better than me i guess

BluPhoenix

hey it's been a whole 3 days so i guess i'll drop off what i've been doing

redid this picture (the original one is about 3 months old)

one of my classes this semester is life drawing, so i'm getting some practice with anatomy

akio and reina from wangan midnight

considering finishing this but i don't know, i kind of hate how it turned out

|