FACILITY Magazine Pilot Issue released!!

Started by zhicago, June 28, 2013 05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhicago

FACILITY Magazine is "A non-profit digital magazine for artists who use the internet for exposure. Featuring talented and skilled illustrators, photographers, and animators, professionally trained or self-taught."

It was finally released just an hour ago after many months of hard work... I would really appreciate it if you took a look and shared it around!

http://facilitymag.com

http://facebook.com/facilitymag

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

rtil

i like the idea of the magazine. it was fun to look through. although jakub's views on art theft were confusing to me. he also could use an editor.. i'm not sure how you feel about editing someone's typed words but the grammar and spelling wasn't quite there. there were also some other mistakes here and there but nothing glaring.

one suggestion i would have is that every page should have a link to the artist, instead of being at the end. the magazine would be cooler if it was more interactive. people should be able to leave comments on each issue, or even every page, or maybe even notes on pages like people do on flickr. i know that you are using some kind of proprietary flash software and i don't know how open source it is or easy to change, so maybe these things aren't readily possible without doing some homebrew stuff. but the site itself is well designed.

zhicago

Quote from: rtil on June 28, 2013 05:54 AM
he also could use an editor.. i'm not sure how you feel about editing someone's typed words but the grammar and spelling wasn't quite there.
Yeah we didn't really touch on his grammar much, though I think J.M. did edit some.

Quoteone suggestion i would have is that every page should have a link to the artist, instead of being at the end. the magazine would be cooler if it was more interactive. people should be able to leave comments on each issue, or even every page, or maybe even notes on pages like people do on flickr. i know that you are using some kind of proprietary flash software and i don't know how open source it is or easy to change, so maybe these things aren't readily possible without doing some homebrew stuff. but the site itself is well designed.

Definitely good ideas here, the links on each page are doable. I don't think we can do comments or anything in the software but thank you!

sevv: btw dude you dropped your wacky-colored paste-on nose here i'll give it back to you

dilly

if you need copy editors, i'd be more than willing to help (◡‿◡✿)

<@reptilicus> am I in backwards land?
<@reptilicus> if i go to the toilet will poop go up into my rectum

zhicago

Actually dilly, yeah, that'd be great. There isn't a whole lot of writing involved but if you think you can handle doing some formatting work before we throw it into the design I'd love to bring you on.

Flash

hey, that is a very cool project, and the pilot looks great.
rtil put it more lightly, but i think the piece on art theft was just badly written - no biggie though, it was still an interesting read. congratulations!

zhicago

Quote from: Flash on June 28, 2013 02:57 PM
hey, that is a very cool project, and the pilot looks great.
rtil put it more lightly, but i think the piece on art theft was just badly written - no biggie though, it was still an interesting read. congratulations!

We asked for people to send in their opinions/experiences and posted as they were written, so I can see that.