TBA v7.0 is here

Started by rtil, May 17, 2013 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtil

the new ie is ok but i'm sure opera is better. it's just rare that i come across a frequent user /someone who willingly uses it on a pc

Sinitron

i guess they made more of a breakthrough with mobile devices or something? anyway, me and my tech-savvy cousin have been using it for just about as long as it's existed, it's a pretty ok browser since it comes with everything necessary out of the box and doesn't need a million plugins before it stops sucking shit

my cousin also insists it's faster than everything else, though i can't verify this (not like i give a shit if it loads up a splitsecond faster)

rtil

the avatar problem should be fixed now. it wasn't a browser specific problem, it had to do with avatar dimensions

Kött

Well ye, dimensions... that was my first thought as well but you seemed to be pretty convinced of it being a firefox issue so I thought I was simply too much of a noob to understand the depth of the problem. It works perfectly fine now.
:3

Greenkitten

One of the slogan generators says 'Kittens' I was under the impression that I was the only kitten here.

rtil

Quote from: Kött on May 24, 2013 01:09 PM
Well ye, dimensions... that was my first thought as well but you seemed to be pretty convinced of it being a firefox issue so I thought I was simply too much of a noob to understand the depth of the problem. It works perfectly fine now.
i did until i saw someone with opera have the problem. then i looked at the avatars and realized mine was perfectly square. so yeah

Quote from: Greenkitten on May 24, 2013 02:20 PM
One of the slogan generators says 'Kittens' I was under the impression that I was the only kitten here.
the site is more appealing in pluralities. they don't need to know we only have one kitten - a kitten who talks and drinks!

rtil

it was a bug. i just never knew until someone showed me a screenshot. oops! :wile:

ExistingViolation

I quite like V7, everything is "softer" looking.

rtil

Kött

You have probably noticed it already but notifications such as the ones for live streamings cover up a part of the navigation bar. I'm not 100% sure but as far as I can recall, the old version didn't have this flaw.

:3

rtil

it did.. it's because the stream pop-up bar floats above everything else. you'll notice if you scroll down, it stays there. you can also close it with the red 'x' on the top right corner. that creates a cookie and it will remember not to show it to you again for another 3 hours or something. i forget how long

Highway Soda

Yeah it looks bad ass, man.  :cool:

I mean TBA has always been bad ass but this lay out is really just a nice upgrade.
bulletpump3r

rtil

AccountMountain

Hey.. ah.. li... like, wu-uh ya-know?

The theme is great and the website is working very efficiently.

So far, so good. I enjoy how my avatar can be seen on the top of the page next to my username, where it is very convenient to navigate through my personal mail and to check if I got any new replies. A great feature for a great forum!

GhostingFish

I love the simplicity of v7, and how far tba has evolved since I first joined here, but I still dig the layout of V5  ;)

crackers

pretty sure every mum on the planet uses IE

ThatOneGvy

What did this place look like in the previous versions?

Paw

Quote from: crackers on August 17, 2014 12:59 AM
pretty sure every mum on the planet uses IE

lol mine does. She likes to refer firefox as firefork. which tbh wouldn't be a badass name for a browser.

Quote from: ThatOneGvy on March 31, 2016 08:24 PM
What did this place look like in the previous versions?

Forever a mystery to me and you.

Bamyasi

Oooh I love mysteries.

I must say I do miss the front page, but obviously I'm not one to judge a host's interior decorating, especially a gracious one's.

rtil

since i rarely ever post news the front page became more useless over time

|