I made an article wow

Started by psi43, October 22, 2007 03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

psi43

http://anipedia.thebackalleys.com/index.php/Animation

so I was kind of bored today.

Turned out to be more about walking cycles than animation lmao

rtil

looks good to start

i'm building templates for the next section of anipedia soon, the user pages idea has died

psi43

#2
Quote from: rtillooks good to start

i'm building templates for the next section of anipedia soon, the user pages idea has died

mm sounds nice, I will probably write some other articles about weigh, perspective animation and shit like that in the next few days.

W.A.C.

Quote from: rtili'm building templates for the next section of anipedia soon, the user pages idea has died
The only reason I never created a user page is because I don't animate. I would try to learn Flash if I had Flash 8 or 9 though.

zomfgbie

*cough* limewire *cough*
i am dead

<+wwchicken> once i walked into the kitchen and there was a sound
<+wwchicken> but i could only hear it when i stood on one spot in the kitchen
<+wwchicken> then i turned off the light
<+wwchicken> and it was gone
<+wwchicken> then i turned the light back on and there it was again
<+wwchicken> so i thought, its an invisible alien
<+wwchicken> but hes scared of the dark

psi43

Quote from: W.A.C.
Quote from: rtili'm building templates for the next section of anipedia soon, the user pages idea has died
The only reason I never created a user page is because I don't animate. I would try to learn Flash if I had Flash 8 or 9 though.

A lot of people prefer Flash MX (7). I use 8. I legally downloaded it with bitpayment if you don't get that refference then sorry! I won't discuss illigal things here!

rtil

MX is very outdated. i doubt anyone in the industry use it. individuals tend to stick with older versions due to negligence, crap computers and just refusing to download newer versions (as if it were difficult or something).

psi43

Quote from: rtilMX is very outdated. i doubt anyone in the industry use it. individuals tend to stick with older versions due to negligence, crap computers and just refusing to download newer versions (as if it were difficult or something).

No, Paul ter Voorde for example has both versions but prefers MX. I think Aubergine, too.

MX doesn't have that auto brush smoothing, that's why they like it so much. There are probably a few others that use MX just because of that.

rtil

all versions of flash have auto brush smoothing. you're placing a brush stroke on a mathematical canvas, it changes your brush stroke regardless. in flash cs3 you have actual control of the smoothing settings. in older versions you just have to deal with what it gives you. CS3 is better than 8, and definitely better than MX.

zomfgbie

i use 8. cba getting cs3, little point i have like 2 months left. MX was pretty universal to me up until recently though, i had it for like 4 years
i am dead

<+wwchicken> once i walked into the kitchen and there was a sound
<+wwchicken> but i could only hear it when i stood on one spot in the kitchen
<+wwchicken> then i turned off the light
<+wwchicken> and it was gone
<+wwchicken> then i turned the light back on and there it was again
<+wwchicken> so i thought, its an invisible alien
<+wwchicken> but hes scared of the dark

psi43

Quote from: rtilall versions of flash have auto brush smoothing. you're placing a brush stroke on a mathematical canvas, it changes your brush stroke regardless. in flash cs3 you have actual control of the smoothing settings. in older versions you just have to deal with what it gives you. CS3 is better than 8, and definitely better than MX.

you can adjust the auto smoothing in 8, too lmao.

Also, paul said that the resaults he gets when he draws with MX look better than the ones he gets with 8. I am using 8 so I can't really judge it but he has no reason to lie so..

rtil

if he really wanted nice linework he'd do it all in fireworks and port it over

Miro

#12
I just upgraded from MX to CS3 and it's seems easier too use too me at least

Crabarms

I think I should "try" that version of flash I may want to purchase it... Cough....

anigen

rtil do you use fireworks

if so then tell me what you like about it aside from all of the shiny shit sinister usually does

rtil

i do not use fireworks i don't even have it

Sinitron

fireworks is tha best

and

mx too

adamant

just too bad macromedia got assed so now all adobe will churn out is more shitty versions of imageready  

rtil

adobe dropped imageready in their cs3 line

adamant