Ending college soon

Started by CoolDrMoney, May 15, 2012 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CoolDrMoney

Any advice out there for someone moving to Rhode Island and wants to do animation? I'm thinking freelance. How should I market myself?

Also those flashes on Newgrounds I made aren't gonna bite me in the ass are they?
http://cooldrmoney.deviantart.com/

"Hmmm...."
by: SpeedyPac
date: December 1, 2007
Wade is not gay, read his profile! It's sad that you would use sexual orientation as a joke, shows that you have no real sense of humor.

rtil

Quote from: CoolDrMoney on May 15, 2012 11:58 PM
Also those flashes on Newgrounds I made aren't gonna bite me in the ass are they?

not unless you market yourself as "cooldrmoney"

CoolDrMoney

I'll try and distance myself from that alias in the professional world.

But like how do you guys get by? I know a number of you have graduated with similar degrees so how do you guys pay the bills? And how should I break into those professions?
http://cooldrmoney.deviantart.com/

"Hmmm...."
by: SpeedyPac
date: December 1, 2007
Wade is not gay, read his profile! It's sad that you would use sexual orientation as a joke, shows that you have no real sense of humor.

rtil


CoolDrMoney

http://cooldrmoney.deviantart.com/

"Hmmm...."
by: SpeedyPac
date: December 1, 2007
Wade is not gay, read his profile! It's sad that you would use sexual orientation as a joke, shows that you have no real sense of humor.

sev

i never really thought rhode island had much going on animation-wise

i'm not a professional yet but yeah i'd recommend networking and grinding to make sure your skills are where you want them to be


Coolboyman

Yeah, networking is the key to getting you a career in the entertainment industry these days.  I have a huge stack of business cards in my room and I'm currently freelancing for a guy who has experience with working in the industry who's helping me get my foot in the door.  You have to know at least one person that has experience in the industry you can offer services for.  You have to also define yourself, what can you offer that nobody else in the industry can?  What makes you unique?  Build up your quality portfolio and define yourself.